Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0

Go down 
+3
LordAK
Paxter
spunkybass
7 posters
AuthorMessage
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5379

Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 Empty
PostSubject: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:23 am

Finally got into the new codex. I have this distinct feeling that my dust boys will suffer royally. Anyways here's a few iterations based around Ahriman. all 1750 pts

V6.0.1 - port from old list
Ahriman
Thousand Sons (9) - icon of flame, asp sorcerer w gift of mutation and melts bombs
Thousand Sons (9) - icon of flame, asp sorcerer w gift of mutation and melts bombs
Land raider - dozer blades
Obliterators (3) - mark of tzeentch

V6.0.2 - w termie bodyguard
Ahriman
Terminators (9) - mark of tzeentch, champion w chain fist n gift of mutation
Thousand Sons (9) - asp sorcerer w gift of mutation and melts bombs
Obliterators (2) - mark of tzeentch

V6.0.3 - w defiler
Ahriman
Rhino
Rhino
Defiler
Obliterators (3) - mark of tzeentch
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6184

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:41 am

FINALLY a real themed chaos army! Very Happy k come fight my DE
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6476

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:37 am

@Pax : wether you mean it or not. That's insulting bro.

@Spunky : I like the 3rd list. But it is seriously lacking in anti armour. I know you like your Land Raider. But man.. I'm sure you know it's a lot of points better spent elsewhere Smile
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:17 pm

no it isnt... how is that insulting? and when i say themed he is using like 9 men units for everything n pure tzeentch marks, to themed it 1k sons thats kinda cool and freaking risky.

And I am dying to have a game with lan especially vs his 1k sons which for the past 7 years I have never beaten Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 4:30 pm

@ AK - ya man, the anti=armor thing will always be a problem w thousand sons after Codex 3.5. It's not like i can take meltaguns or krak grenades for the infantry. And the Land Raider - ya man, it's a love affair thing Laughing I'll be experimenting w some other builds which may not include Land Raider, see how

@ Pax - dude, today's Thousand Sons aren't like the insane ones you met in Codex 3.5. Frankly, I have no idea how these guys are going to perform on table. But yes, let's game!!!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:53 am

You dont wanna try the Heldrake thing? It is so so fitting with Tzeetch if you ask me with all the fluff about mutation and my favourite --> Galrautch, the 1st chaos dragon Laughing But then again, it didn't solve your anti-tank problem.

What about your Predator? Tri-lass got 25pts discount from previous codex. I'm loving my preds even more now hahaha
Back to top Go down
Arzmi
Recruit
Recruit
Arzmi

Honor Points : 4555

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:33 am

very fluffy list !!

i think go with your termies since i remember you had them with those Pharaoh's head right? gonna look so awesome on the table.
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4787

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm voting for the 2nd version.
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:44 pm

I just noticed the tri-las cost. Nice ... gonna try out some combis with that tank in

Dunno about Helldrake ... I might - it's a nice model... see how

ya, i like my termies too Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Quote :
dude, today's Thousand Sons aren't like the insane ones you met in Codex 3.5
In the last days of 3.5, I had a go against TS with my Red Tide (32 Berserkers on foot list). Dann came up with the TS list just because I said I never fought any TS before. To cut it short, My WE got butchered.. IN CC!! Laughing

Seriously, even now TS scares my Berserkers Smile
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Man, Thousand Sons in 3.5 was one of the most awesome close combat armies there is. My aspiring sorcerers typically charged with 5 powerfist attacks with 2 re-rolls to hit. And with 3rd ed rules, the Thousand Sons always outnumber their enemy - a 9-man squad would start w 17 wounds. Those were the days man. No AP3 bolters, no 4+ invul, Initiative 1, but kills anyone in close combat. The only thing we were worried about was Bloodthirster
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:21 am

Last night Lord Ahriman ran into his old friend Lord Ka'Kaa. After a few rounds of the most premium spells, they decided that the emperor's lackeys could do with a mass mutation party. Here they join forces in 1750:

Ahriman
Rhino
Predator - tri-las
Obliterators (2) - mark of tzeentch

ALLIES:
Lord Ka'Kaa, LOC - breath of chaos
Pink Horrors (9) - w Changeling

Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:24 am

Finally tried out v3 in the first post above. It was pretty scaring being swamped by hordes of DE. The Thousand Sons just lucked in a win by being at the objective at the bottom of turn 5, just when the game ended ...

I must say Ahriman, and the Tzeentch spells, rock!!!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 pm

You were lucky, I too got distracted if I kept to my plan and did not split my guys it would not be possible for you to win that one.. Still learning my de definately getting the hang of it, Ty for the game lan
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Thank you for the game. Been awhile since I chucked dice, and even longer since Ahriman and the dust boys seen action ...

Game 2 was insane!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:25 pm

Would be much nicer if we can know the details of the fight. What happened actually?
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5376

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 7:07 am

lord ka kaa is alway in play huh lan.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:39 pm

The first game was the one with 2 objectives. Deployment was vanguard. I had Ahriman and a squad in the land raider, and the defiler behind a hill in left flank. Two more squads outflank. Oblits infiltrated in mysterious woods that gave 3+ cover. that's a huge mistake. Nasty amount of firepower killed 2 oblits. And the whole DE army was swarming against Ahriman. The defiler was easily shot up by dark lances. Then in turn 2 DE kept coming and it was only sheer luck that the land raider only lost 1 hull point after being shot at by all DE anti tank weapons. Oblits long gone. Then my 2 outflanking squads came in on right flank straight to enemy objective. They disembarked and destroyed a ravager w bolter fire, and the other squad managed to glance the jet fighter w bolters too. This was when DE made mistake and sent half the army to deal w the 2 squads, relieving the pressure on Ahriman. Land raider was eventually destroyed and we got to see ahriman's amazing magic in action as he shot up a beast squad before he and his squad charged, forcing the DE to run away. On right flank, tzeentch's flame helped to destroy a venom. Pretty cool. After the beasts were routed, Ahriman and squad consolidated around objective. Roll for turn 6 was a 2. If there was another turn my army would have just died.

Game 2 was different. Swapped the defiler and sime gifts of mutation for a tri-las prad snd a hellbrute. Scenario was the one which allowed heavy support to claim objectives. We rolled 4 objectives and this time I got first turn. I concentrated my deployment on left flank, anchored on a hill with good cover, the pred guarding the objective and having excellent field of fire. Behind the hill supporting it was a squad in rhino. Ahriman and land raider squad was to their right behind some ruins. The DE luck wasn't so good when their bikers rolled sabotage on the mystery objective. Luckily no one was hurt in the blast. My first turn I was sniping. It was night and I only managed to immobilized one raider. DE first turn was aggressive. Wyches and incubi w archon raiders came full speed (plus sails) towards ahriman's land raider, supported by jet bikes and both venoms. Both ravagers crept forward firing at the land raider, which was immobilized. Then my turn 2 came and this was the real decider. Both outflanking units, the oblits and a thousand sons squad came in from the right flank. Meanwhile, Ahriman and his squad disembarked and closed in from the left. The DE flanking attack was about to be flanked. Obliterator plasma cannons destroyed the venom that they were not shooting at (only 1 shot got out, I rolled 2 1s), but this allowed them to charge and destroy the original target, thus destroying both venoms. The thousand sons and their rhino rapid fired on the jet bike squad and wiped them out. Ahriman's awesome magics blew up the Wych raider, and unluckily for the DE the wyches broke and fled. The Predator inched forwards and opened fire on the nearest ravager (snap shots are cool) destroying it. The land raider managed to cause crew shaken on the other ravager. This was a nasty turn. The DE tried to fight back and the jet fighter combined fire with all available infantry managed to kill 6 thousand sons from the flanking squad. In close combat Ahriman challenged the haemonculi and easily despatched him, gaining a +1W boon! Beasts charged my loan hell brute, but nothing happened, except for one flattened beast. In turn 3 the surviving ravager was destroyed by the land raider. The pred didn't have tarrgets and so shit at the jetfighter, nit hitting it. the oblits mopped up, charging the splinter cannon squad while forcing the wyches to continue to flee. The survivors of the flanking squad charged to help Ahriman, who was now in a challenge w the archon. Neither ahriman nor archon could hurt each other, but the incubi were cut to pieces. The DE HQ broke and fled. And there was nothing left to do but for the DE to concede.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Wah.. The Dustboys are good. I see that the Master of Deceptions makes them much more tactical. Hmm.. I'll have to think of a way to overcome this.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:38 pm

Yes, but as its still chaos there's a lot of randomness. I did lose one sorcerer to perils. Then again, that's normal for thousand sons. I'll play with this some more
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:27 am

What makes the Master of Deception good for TS is the fact that infiltrating/outflanking is super good for close range fire fighting units. And TS are one of the best unit in that category.

They can move into their best range (rapid fire) fully intact and without any restriction as would be for my Berserkers.

deployment - put D3 TS in reserves
1st turn - crack open the tanks/transport/fort with heavy weapons
2nd turn - TS take over the scene by outflanking.

Theoretically, that is scary for my WE.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6196

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:38 am

no need to outflank but infiltrate is good enough for the TS. Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:00 am

Infiltrate also good. But Infiltrators can be dealt with quite easily since we already knew where they are when the game begin.
Outflanking TS on the other hand, can react very fast to the situation at hand and always come fully intact, making them much more scary.

Shooty units in Rhinoes would still be able to react properly against that(provided their transport survived 2 rounds of heavy firepower), but our Berserkers wont be able to unless we resort to Raider rush.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6196

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:10 am

i say if you goes first, you infiltrate. if you get second only you outflank.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:32 am

I'll find ways to overcome this.. time for another sets of playtest! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0   Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ahriman n his dust boys v6.0
Page 1 of 1