Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smaller IG army 1750pts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5371

Smaller IG army 1750pts Empty
PostSubject: Smaller IG army 1750pts   Smaller IG army 1750pts EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:29 pm

I've always been curious about Lord Commissars and Priests, which I used to use back in my 3rd ed IG. Anyways, what resulted is the following list, which is rather small by my standards - only 78 infantry, 4 tanks and a Vendetta.

HQ:
Company Command - vox caster, regimental standard
Lord Commissar - powerfist
Ministorum Priests (2)

TROOPS:
1st Platoon:
Command - officer w power sword & bolt pistol, vox caster, grenade launcher, meltagun
1st squad - sgt w power sword & laspistol, Commissar w power axe & bolt pistol, meltagun, krak grenades, vox caster
2nd squad - sgt w power sword & laspistol, meltagun, krak grenades
3rd squad - sgt w power sword & laspistol, meltagun, krak grenades

2nd Platoon:
Command - officer w power sword & bolt pistol, vox caster, grenade launcher, meltagun
1st squad - sgt w power sword & bolt pistol, meltagun, krak grenades, vox caster
2nd squad - sgt w power sword & bolt pistol, meltagun, krak grenades
3rd squad - sgt w power sword & laspistol, meltagun, krak grenades

FAST ATTACK:
Vendetta

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Assault Tank Squadron:
Leman Russ Demolisher (2) - 3 heavy bolters each

Leman Russ Squadron:
Leman Russ (2) - 3 heavy bolters each

Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6468

PostSubject: Re: Smaller IG army 1750pts   Smaller IG army 1750pts EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Against this army.. my Necrons are so dead hahaha..
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Smaller IG army 1750pts   Smaller IG army 1750pts EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:31 am

Really? Why ya?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Smaller IG army 1750pts   Smaller IG army 1750pts EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:05 am

Here is why..

The battle plan for my DS based Necrons against this army is to quickly disable the 2 Leman Russ Squadrons which can only be achieved by Rapid Firing Gauss Weapons + Tank Hunter Skill from Zahndrekh and the best delivery system for this task is DSing. The 2 Demolisher Cannons can easily Instakill my Necron Lord, making that squadron the target priority. But with 78 infantries, you have great ability to deny good DS spot for my Necrons.

I'm not too worry about the infantry damage output. But the Tanks are going to be great pain. I need Air Support (S10 AP1 Line) early on. Staying behind isn't a good option either unless I have good LoS denying cover to hide with while waiting for the Air Support.

Of course anything can happen on table. But Yes.. Theorethically, my Necrons are so dead against this Smile
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5368

PostSubject: Re: Smaller IG army 1750pts   Smaller IG army 1750pts EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 6:52 am

But if you have that doom sych then you have nothing to worry about. Well fight IG is alway scary specially when its being controlled by an elite player.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5027

PostSubject: Re: Smaller IG army 1750pts   Smaller IG army 1750pts EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:20 am

Aha..but don't forget the lone Vendetta. If Lan positioned his Russes smartly, as I'm sure he'd do so regardless, then the most maybe Kadir can get 1 tank from his S10 Deathscythe (he still need 5+ to pen the AV14 tank).

If the Vendetta came out after the Deathscythe, then we can almost guarantee bye-bye Deathscythe.

By then, Kadir's initial problems are still not solved.

If Kadir can slot 1-2 Doomsday Arks, or even better add a Nightscythe to transport Zandrekh & his own blob of 14-shooty-Crons, followed by Obyron Ghostwalking together with his 20 Warriors non-scattering 6" from Zandrekh, then the IG-Tank threats can be taken care of much easier.

D-Arks + Nightscythe + D-Scythe to target the IG-Blob. Accidental S10 line + 14 + 20 Warriors to gauss shots the 2 tank sqdrns. Scarabs to roll-up any surviving infantries or tanks.

Then again, Kadir don't have D-Arks, or Nightscythe..too bad..

Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Smaller IG army 1750pts   Smaller IG army 1750pts EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:33 am

The biggest problem is getting my models where they should be. All my models works best in close range firefighting.

With 78 infantries blob, Lan would have total control of his defense line. My Necrons will be having neither good DS spot for rapid firing, nor good flyer placing to fire the Death Ray effectively.

My only hope against this list would be the Destroyer Lord + Wraithwing, if Lan failed to stop them by the 2nd turn, the game would turn to my favour Smile
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Smaller IG army 1750pts   Smaller IG army 1750pts EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:51 pm

wah, that's some analysis! I'd probably play right into Kadir's hands as my Brandenburgers are an assault army and excel at below 24" range. I don't know how to play gunline IG. If you notice, the infantry have no heavy weapons. I absolutely have no idea how this will play out - never even fought necrons before! Sounds nasty, these damned xenos!

I made a little change to the list. Took out some power swords from 1st platoon and gave eviscerators to the priests.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Smaller IG army 1750pts   Smaller IG army 1750pts EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Eviscerator? Its a PFist, Armourbane right?!
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Smaller IG army 1750pts   Smaller IG army 1750pts EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Yup
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Smaller IG army 1750pts   Smaller IG army 1750pts EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 3:59 am

Tried this out last night vs Nahri's Blood Angels. It was the first time I've ever used my Vendetta ever since I got it a couple of years back. The thing is pretty good! It did not shoot down any Stormravens, but it reduced both marine Stormravens to 1HP, forcing one to hover (which was then finished off by a Leman Russ battlecannon) and leaving the other to the man-packed meltagun. It also killed one Razorback and drew a lot of fire to it. It got hit once and ended the battle with 2HP remaining. Tactically, a flyer that outflanks is just awesome as it came in on the enemy flank, hugging close to his table edge and thus ensuring that their flyers will definitely overshoot mine, and the next turn I was on his six!

The Priests and their eviscerators, and the Lord Commissar, are scary. In close combat, 1st platoon accounted for an attack bike squad and some assault termies, while 2nd platoon took out a termie squad and helped wipe out the assault termie squad.

This list was fun to play last night. The only change I would make is to order the company commander to leave the standard bearer at home so as to protect the sanctity of the Emperor's holy regimental standard, and use the points for heavy bolters on the Vendetta, and an additional grenade launcher for 2nd platoon command squad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smaller IG army 1750pts   Smaller IG army 1750pts Empty

Back to top Go down

Smaller IG army 1750pts
Page 1 of 1