Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!

Go down 
+4
LordAK
CikguDin
dif2find
Dr-DOOOM!!!
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6186

Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:25 am

Pax, noticed that you and I no fate la. When I can make it to Legio Night, you cannot pulak. Sad
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6174

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:36 am

lol. yea sure lets play tonight lordak
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 3:59 am

Re-looked at my list and found is missing a representative from papa Nurgle. My theme has to have all 4 gods present. (Muhibbah!)

So what to remove? The only odd 1 here is the Heldrake as he's the only vehicle and since Internet says CSM cannot be played without Heldrake, so is time to test it out.

Decided to replace it with Nurgle spawns. It adds the 1st turn threat unit from 5 to 6. Importantly it completes my 4 gods theme and it brings more wounds on the table to match with the army name "Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!". lol

Huron Blackheart (warlord traits gives D3 infantry Infiltrate special rule)
Be'lakor

10 Cultists
16 CSM
- Mark of Khorne
- 15 CCW, 15 Bolt Pistols, 13 Bolters
- 2 x Meltaguns
- Aspiring Champion with Powerfist, Melta Bombs, Icon of Wrath

5 Spawns
- Mark of Nurgle

Daemonic Ally:
1 Lord of Change
- Mastery Level 3
- 1 Exalted Reward (For Grimoire of True Names)
- 1 Greater Reward

18 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
- Rapturous Standard
- Allures with 1 Lesser Reward

16 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

Total: 1848 points

A quick run down on the number of wounds in this army:
T6: 20
T5: 4
T4: 51
T3: 28
Total wounds: 103

Will be testing this out with Chris' Farsight Tau army today. Hope I can survive the shooting. lol
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:21 am

Nice..
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 5:27 pm

Had a brutal game vs Chris' new Tau army. Even though I have 3 infiltrating units and won to start first, I got greedy and allowed Chris to go first as I wanted to assault with my Spawns on 1st turn. Big mistake. 1st turn of his firepower nearly wipe out all the dogs and importantly he managed to put a distance away from me with his assault moves.

I lost as he could quickly took down 1-2 units per shooting phase. However I did gave him some pressure. Smile

So back to the drawing board. The army is fun having so many threats on your door on turn 1 but I definitely need some support fire since the whole army advance forward. Plan to take some Havocs with ML to compensate that. Decided to remove the spawns. And due to lack of mark of nurgle, have to mark the Havocs with mark of Nurgle (yea, a bit waste of points but have to stick to the theme).

So here goes... to test again. Need more practice. Smile

Be'lakor

10 Cultists
16 CSM
- Mark of Khorne
- 2 Meltaguns, 13 CCW, 15 Bolt Pistols
- Aspiring Champion with Powerfist, Melta Bombs, Icon of Wrath

7 Havocs
- Mark of Nurgle
- 4 Flakk Missile Launchers

Daemonic Ally:
1 Lord of Change
- Mastery Level 3
- 1 Greater Reward

- Rapturous Standard
- Allures

Total: 1850 points
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 8:12 am

Never go 2nd against Tau, unless you have many LOS blocking terrains in play..
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 8:32 am

well... lesson learnt. lol
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:16 am

Ppl telling me to change the Havocs to Oblits since is going to be a Nurgle unit. And Oblits are more flexible compared to Havocs. So this will be the list I'll be testing out on Sat.

Be'lakor

10 Cultists
16 CSM
- Mark of Khorne
- 2 Meltaguns, 13 CCW, 15 Bolt Pistols
- Aspiring Champion with Powerfist, Icon of Wrath

3 Obliterators
- Mark of Nurgle
- Veterans of the Long War

Daemonic Ally:
1 Lord of Change
- Mastery Level 3
- 1 Greater Reward

- Allures with 1 Lesser Reward

Total: 1850 points
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:44 am

Dah lama tunggu you swap them to oblits Smile
The list is ganas but seems like fun. I'd like to play this with my RG, Just don't Hallucinate me to boredom sudah hahaha..
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:31 am

Lol. Sat then if you can. I only had 1 game vs the new space marine codex which I lost. Looking forward to pay some vengeance on the new space marines. Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 5:16 am

I'm still at my kampung this weekend. I'll drop by on Sunday but only to pick up some magnets. The other week maybe can.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 5:57 am

ok la... next time then. will write a short summary of the army performance after Saturday's game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:17 am

Had a great game with Alvin's Death Company army that has no scoring units. His list was scary.... some more I went and rolled KP game pulak -____-!!!

His list:
- Astorath with 14 Death Company with lots of special weapons in a LR Crusader
- 10 men Death Company with lots of special weapons in a drop pod
- 8 men Death Company with lots of special weapons in a drop pod
- Death Company Dreadnaught with magna graple, 2 powerfist with a built in melta gun in a drop pod
- Stormraven with plasma cannon, assaultcannons, and hurricane bolter side sponsons

As you can see, his list is built to kill. Oh... did I mention he got 1st turn too? lol

Pre-deployment:
- My LOC
+1W, It Will Not Die gifts (and Grimoire of course)
Divinition: Prescience, Foreboding, Misfortune
- Huron rolled 2 units that can infiltrate. Infiltrated with Deamonettes and Huron with 16 CSM

BA Turn 1:
- LR Crusader moved and unloaded his deadly cargo with Astorath on a full 16 hounds unit that scouted in front of them hoping to draw them out and tie them for 1 turn of combat but 32 wounds unit was wiped out like a tsunami tidal wave!
- 2 Drop pods with Death Company dropped all around Be'lakor and dropped him to 2 wounds left.

Chaos Turn 1:
- Be'lakor rolled double 1 for psyhic! 1 wound left! Expecting Stormraven to come in soon, he flew off the board.
- LOC prescience and Grimoire on Daemonettes. Misfortuned Astorath's unit.
- Daemonettes and Huron with Khorne CSM charged the Astorath's unit and managed to take them down to 4 men left. As they are fearless, all got stuck in combat.
- Oblits killed some Death company that came out from the Drop pod.

BA Turn 2:
- His Dreadnaught in a drop pod didn't come in.
- Stormraven came in and together with the LR Crusader, dealt 3 wounds to the LOC.
- His 2 free Death Company units moved in closer to the mid combat planning to assist Astorath but failed the charges. (needed to roll 10 and 11)
- Astorath's combat still got locked in combat with Astorath being the only survivor.
- 1 of his drop pod managed to deal 1 wound on an Oblit.

Chaos Turn 2:
- Cultist came in but play no part in the game.
- Be'lakor flew back in but hid behind a bastion so that he will not die from the Stormraven on board.
- This is funny. Oblits fired TL Plasmaguns on 1 of the unit of Death Company. I started off with the 1 wound left Oblit. Rolled a 2, TL so re-rolled got a 1. Gets HOT! Rolled a 1 for armor save! The Oblit dead! Take morale check. Failed on 10! The 2 remaining Oblits ran! lolz
- LOC charged the other unit of Death Company, couldn't get any 6 to hit to pick off the power fist dudes. Took 1 wound in return and left 2 powerfist dudes and a normal guy. Didn't get to regen my wound from It Will Not Die. So left 2 wounds on my LOC.
- Astorath challenged and my CSM Champion with Powerfist accepted. Needless to say, my champion died but managed to take down the Astorath as well.

BA Turn 3:
- Dreadnaught came in near the Daemonettes and CSM blob. Together with Stormraven (went into hover mode) and the LR Crusader, managed to bring down a number of CSM and Daemonnetes.
- The Death COmpany that got shot from the Oblits previously, charged into the LOC. LoC failed to wipe out original squad, left only 1 Powerfist dude. LOC finally died.

Chaos Turn 3:
- Be'lakor casted Invisibility on himself and flew to the mid field. Puppet master the LR Crusader hoping to take down the Stormraven but couldn't get any 6 from the Assault Cannon. Sadness.
- Daemonnettes tried to charge the Stormraven but couldn't glance it.
- Huron and remaining CSM shot and charged the LR Crusader but only managed 1 glance from Huron's Tyrant Claw.
- Oblits regroup but couldn't do much as they got to snap fire. Even with TL also didn't get a hit on a nearby drop pod.

BA Turn 4:
- Stormraven and LR Crusader did a lot of shooting, taking down the Daemonnettes to 1 only and Huron squad to Huron himself with 2 CSM only.
- Be'lakor survived the shooting with his 2+ cover saves even though he got grounded.
- The lone Death Company with powerfist jumped into his LR Crusader to save a KP.
- Dreadnaught attempted to charge Huron with CSM. Failed! Then he charged his 3 men Death Company instead but Huron striked first with his Claw, wiping them out. All Death Company are dead except for the one inside the LR Crusader!

Chaos Turn 4:
- Be'lakor attempted to cast Invisibility again, this time rolled double 1 again! With only 1 wound remaining, he died just like that. Sadness...
- The lone Daemonette quickly ran up the Skyshield hoping to survive behind the cover.
- Oblits shot the Dreadnaught's back armor with assault cannons but due to poor rolling, only managed to glanced it two times.
- Huron and 2 CSM then attempted to take on the LR Crusader again, this time managed to explode it and the lone Death Company survived the explosion.

BA Turn 5:
- Stormraven continued to hover, took down the lone Daemonette and an Oblit.
- Dreadnaught and the lone Death Company charged Huron and remaining 2 CSM. Huron easily killed of the Dreadnaught and 2 Khorne CSM (from Counter Attack) managed to dealt 2 wounds on the lone Death Company. He failed his save and FnP! So all Death Company are gone!

Chaos Turn 5:
- Lone Oblit shot and assaulted a drop pod, taking it down.
- Huron and remaining CSM assaulted the Stormraven, took it down as well.

At the end of Turn 5, these are what left on the table:
BA - 2 Drop Pods
Chaos - Huron, 2 Khorne CSM, 1 Oblit, 10 Cultists

Victory Results:
BA - First Blood (1VP) + 4KP (4VP) = 5VP
Chaos - Slay the Warlord (1VP) + 8KP (8VP) = 9VP (Chaos WINS!)

The rest are dead! Awesome game with tons of casualties on both side!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:49 pm

Pergh!! Awesome game. Alvin's list is damn ganas.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:52 am

Yup. He's still tweaking the list. I'm sure it will get more ganas and ganas.

For my list, I'm thinking to drop the Grimoire and just take 2 greater rewards and 1 lesser reward on the LOC. It will boosts the durability of LOC. Taking Grimoire without Fateweaver is rather a bigger risk coz if the Grimoire fails, opponent would take advantage of it. And I think the list would do fine since there are many bodies to throw at my opponent.

Next available date to test this army again is on next Sunday. Until then, Happy New Year people! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 7:24 am

BAs are still powerful and Alvin's are very characterful.

You don't wanna try Cypher? I think he would be good addition to your list.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:11 am

No points la. But can be considered. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:11 am

Woot! Woot! Had an excellent day gaming yesterday. Managed to play 3 games in a row from 12pm to 6pm. And I went against 3 Imperium forces.

1st game vs Soo Kai's Ultramarines. He conceded in Turn 3.
2nd game vs Amin's Deathwings. He conceded in Turn 4.
3rd game vs Draigowings (forgot the player's name). Game ended on Turn 5 with my victory.

Can imagine some story behind this encounter. Huron Horde got information that an army of Ultramarines on a nearby planet so he decided to infiltrate and attack the smurfs to find out what they are doing there. After suffering heavy losses, Tigurius managed to call for backup before withdrawing his forces. The Deathwings answered the call and teleported on to the battlefield. They too were overwhelmed with the amount of bodies Huron could throw at them. As the escalation continues, Belial himself asked for his good friend Draigo's help. With the Imperium's finest, the 20 Paladins with Belial and an Inquisitor Librarian, the enemy must be of great threat. The battle was the hardest to be fought by Huron as this is really the battle of quantity vs quality. In the end, Draigo managed to escape with 3 Paladins left. Finally after defeating all the Imperium could throw at Huron, Huron could finally find out what the Ultramarines were up to at the start in that planet. What he found out was... Tigurius was just parking by the planet there to take a piss because his toilet on his battleship is under maintenance. -END-
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5369

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:52 am

stupid mechanicum toilet servitors ...
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 11:43 am

Hahaha.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 9:29 am

Will be bringing them again this Sunday to test out 1 last round before the Tyranids fever take over me for the next few months. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Had a game with Amin's Nurgle CSM army with my Huron Horde of DOOOM list. He had:

- CSM Lord (Nurgle, Sigil, Meltabomb, Black Staff, Veterens, Gift of Mutation)
- 7 x Plague Marines (Powerfist, Gift of Mutation, 2 x Plasmaguns, Veterens)
- 1 x Rhino (Extra Armor, Dozer Blade)
- 1 x Predator Annihilator (TL Autocannon Turret, H. Bolters sponsons, Havoc Launcher, Dozer Blade)
- 1 x Predator Annihilator (Lascannon Turret, Lascannon sponsons, Dozer Blade)

Mission was relic and deployment was Anvil.
He went first with Night Fighting in effect on first turn.
Close game with heavy casualties on both side. I lost my Be'lakor, LoC and the Hounds.
He lost everything except a squad of Plague Marines, a predator (with Autocannons) and 2 rhinos left. Nobody would have gotten the Relic and I got First Blood, Slay The Warlord and Linebreaker. Game ended in turn 5. Victory to Huron!  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 3:53 am

What is a Black Staff? Or isit Black Mace?
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 5:23 am

Oops.. yea, black mace. typo there. hehe.

Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:21 am

Amin's list was well themed and he seems to do quite well with it against you. What do you have left in your army?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!   Huron Horde of DOOOM!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Huron Horde of DOOOM!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next