Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy

Go down 
+7
spunkybass
beobot579
Paxter
deathkorps
LordAK
Alvin K
khairul
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
khairul
khairul

Honor Points : 4573

Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy Empty
PostSubject: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:41 am

Hi everyone Very Happy

This is my test model for the army throwdown challenge. Painted the mk3 armor first because I really love the helmet. But am painting a suqad of 10 men in Mk2. The Mk3s will be used for my breacher squad.
Appreciate any and all comments. Many thanks to Rizal for the base.
Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy Imperial+Fist+Pre+Heresy+Mk+3+Armor+c
Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

Honor Points : 5209

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:20 am

Very nice indeed. The sight should be awesome when you see the full squad together.
Back to top Go down
http://gluedmyfingers.blogspot.com
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6459

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 am

The yellow hurt my eyes! Which translate to very nice lah for IF.
That base is also nicely done.. I wonder what he used for that metal bar
Back to top Go down
deathkorps
deathkorps

Honor Points : 4839

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:32 am

Love it dude! Can't wait to see this army unfold- you've already impressed with the awesome green stuff fist icons from your press mold!
Back to top Go down
http://www.adeptusmalaysia.blogspot.com
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6167

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:17 pm

yea really nice, I like it, there is another Imperial fist ive seen, which is a bit more realistic in color with lots of weathering but this looks so crisp and nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
beobot579
Recruit
Recruit
beobot579

Honor Points : 4212

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Starting an Imperial Fists army myself and now the bar has been raised. Mind sharing your secret to that nice yellow? And very good work on making it pre heresy looking.
Back to top Go down
khairul
khairul

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. Really appreciate it.

Kadir- Rizal used the 'I' shaped plastic rod/beam from the GF9 plastic variety pack. You can check it out here. Picture isn't too clear though.
http://www.flamesofwar.com/gf9online_store.aspx?CategoryID=13169

beobot- i airbrush vallejo game color sun yellow(72006) followed by gold yellow(72007) to softly darken the recessed or bottom areas. I almost exclusively use vallejo game colors at the moment. Have you painted any of your fist yet? Do share your progress with us Smile
Back to top Go down
beobot579
Recruit
Recruit
beobot579

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Hmmm... Have never heard of those before. I have yet to get my first tactical squad yet and right now I'm just doing as much research as I can. Also making an army list which u can check out in the army lists and batrep section. Downloading the forgeworld horus heresy book too.
Back to top Go down
deathkorps
deathkorps

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:52 am

beobot579 wrote:
Hmmm... Have never heard of those before. I have yet to get my first tactical squad yet and right now I'm just doing as much research as I can. Also making an army list which u can check out in the army lists and batrep section. Downloading the forgeworld horus heresy book too.

Forge World has released a digital edition of the Horus Heresy book? If they haven't, and you're talking about downloading an illegal copy, please don't mention that again on these forums. Keep that to yourself please.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5362

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:57 am

That's a very nice paint job. Great way to do.

Digital books .... so tempted to get the DA codex available this Saturday on digital
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:31 am

@Khairul : Thanks.

The color that shudders me when painting --> White and Yellow. As a result, my Lysander is still unpainted hahaha.. good luck.
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4950

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:09 am

I got to hand it to you bro.....that is one hell of a paint job!
Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
beobot579
Recruit
Recruit
beobot579

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:44 am

deathkorps wrote:
beobot579 wrote:

Forge World has released a digital edition of the Horus Heresy book? If they haven't, and you're talking about downloading an illegal copy, please don't mention that again on these forums. Keep that to yourself please.

Sorry boss. Never again, I swear. Apologies for any offence caused and making threads look "ugly". Now who wantsa give me a hug?
Back to top Go down
deathkorps
deathkorps

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:24 am

No worries- just a gentle reminder.

Khairul, when are you going to post pics of the four NEW Imperial Fist marines you've shown me...? Smile
Back to top Go down
khairul
khairul

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:32 am

Not sure what you're talking about. They're still on sprues. I'm so behind on this project it's not even funny.....i'll definitely try my bestest for the 18th throwdown.
All participants should take it easy and paint at your own pace. Don't over do it hehehe Wink
Back to top Go down
deathkorps
deathkorps

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:33 am

Khairul, you're a sneaky git.

I like that.
Back to top Go down
doc
Sergeant
Sergeant
doc

Honor Points : 4950

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:12 am

khairul wrote:
Not sure what you're talking about. They're still on sprues. I'm so behind on this project it's not even funny.....i'll definitely try my bestest for the 18th throwdown.
All participants should take it easy and paint at your own pace. Don't over do it hehehe Wink

Hee hee hee....
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4770

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:16 am

it's khairul..ever since that 'super secret' saim-hann, it's kinda expected of him..
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
khairul
khairul

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:22 am

Some progress pics.
Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy Pre+Heresy+Imperial+Fist+Legion+Mk+2+Armor+Tactical+Squad
Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy Pre+Heresy+Imperial+Fist+Legion+Mk+2+Armor+Tactical+Squad+a
Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy Pre+Heresy+Imperial+Fist+Sergeant+Lightning+Claw+Mk+3+Legion+Tactical+Squad
Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy Pre+Heresy+Imperial+Fist+Legion+Mk+2+Armor+Tactical+Squad+b

I wonder how everyone else is coming along.....
Back to top Go down
deathkorps
deathkorps

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:28 am

Nice! Love the paint jobs and the basing is aces. Seems to me you've gotten the most done thus far
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5362

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:29 am

Nice dude! And I was complaining about painting yellow strips on my vendetta!
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:40 am

Gila cun.. the metal parts are nicely done too. Though I can't help but think "Teletubbies!!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
beobot579
Recruit
Recruit
beobot579

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Sheeeet... That cool. Can't wait to get to the Forge and get my stuff to get started la...
Back to top Go down
khairul
khairul

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:19 am

First squad is completed and was unveiled during last Friday's throwdown.

Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy Pre+heresy+imperial+fist+mk+2+armor+legion+tactical+squad+b
Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy Pre+heresy+imperial+fist+mk+2+armor+legion+tactical+squad+a
Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy Pre+heresy+imperial+fist+sergeant+lightning+claw+mark+2+armor+b
Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy Pre+heresy+imperial+fist+sergeant+lightning+claw+mark+2+armor+c

As it turned out, this squad was voted best painted for the night Smile. Must be the display base hahaha.
I'd like to thank everyone who showed up and made the event a success. A very heartfelt appreciation to everyone who voted for me.
Now on to the next throwdown.

For the emperor and dorn!!!
Back to top Go down
deathkorps
deathkorps

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:57 am

Congrats dude, and many thanks to Marvin for the seksi pics!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy   Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy Empty

Back to top Go down

Legio Throwdown: Imperial Fist Pre Heresy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next