Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5272

4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:22 am

Flyers don't count to reserves Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

Honor Points : 4670

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:05 am

Ah I see, I see... flyers dun count, huh? Ok, will keep that in mind should I face other flyers... Thanks Dann...

Now, I wonder how things will go with the other armies with flyers...

Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:49 am

Update update... my 9th game and it was with the Chosen One... It was going to be "interesting"... LOL

9) Vs Joe’s Daemons (Scouring + DOW)
- Now the list that Joe has is big... big as in miniature size... There’s a Bloodthirster (am I correct on this Joe?), 2 Daemon Princes, Fateweaver, Skull Cannon, 1 sqd of Bloodletters and 1 sqd of plague bearers... There were too many rolls that followed, on what gift he got but I lost count.
- There were 6 objectives, 3 in my deployment (3,3,1), 2 in Joe’s deployment (2,2) and 1 in the middle (4).
- 2 FMC were on the flanks. Joe’s cannon was in the middle behind ADL supported by the Quad Gun and the bloodletters who is also managing an objective. The Nurgle troops were behind cover taking an objective as well on one flank. The FMCs could fly 24 inches and immediately start killing, which is darn scary. I had 2 options, castle up or do the usual gunline. I decided to try gunline...
- Night fight was on. Joe had first turn and I failed to seize.

Highlight 1... Joe’s FMC were on fire. All flew straight for my line on first turn. Immediately he destroyed my Razorback (with some shooting and spells) and killed my TFC (Psychic Shriek... I’ll remember that name).

Comedic moment 1... With confidence that all 4 FMCs were in the air and hard for me to shoot down, Joe’s Bloodthrister was grounded by my second volley of shots by a krak grenade that was thrown by a nearby cbt sqd. Something probably got into his eyes.

Highlight 2... Did I mention that Joe’s invuls saves were hot? No? Well here’s proof... despite having been grounded and loosing a wound, that thing was not even scratched by 5 Lascannons, 1 Autocannon, 2 Krak Missiles, 2 Heavy bolters and a variety of bolter fire (see further below for 1 possible reason).... on the other hand his skull cannon took 3 meltas and died.

Highlight 3... With the Bloodthirster on the ground, my earlier disembarked TH&SS termis with Captain charged in... inflicting 4 wounds... it had 1 wound left...

Highlight 4... While Fateweaver and the other DP killed another 2 other cbt and a landspeeder, the other DP jumped into the close combat fight with the termis and Captain... this was where it went downhill for me... The DP caused 3 wounds but I rolled 2,2,2 and lost 3 termis... then Bloodthirster killed the termi sgt and guess what... more deamons appeared... I habis liao...

- By the end of my Turn 4, I GG liao... there was no way I could turn the game around already... I only had 1 DP, 2 Predators, 1 LR, 1 LS and a 3 man cbt sqd. Joe had all his units still very much active except for the Quad Gun (taken out by my Predator) and Skull Cannon. His Bloodthirster still had 1 wound after all that... *sigh*

- Main points that hit my head were:
a) I should try the castle up approach next time...
b) Joe’s FMCs were like what the heck, man... Bloodthirster had W6, T6, Feel No Pain, It Will Not Die, 3+, 5++... gila... oh and then his other FMCs were all W5, T6... seriously?
c) I need flyers but there seems to be room for me to improve my tactics here and see how things go
d) The lost of 3 termis was the end of it for me on Joe’s turn 2...
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6468

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:30 am

Next time against that list, take 10 Assault Termies Smile

Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6188

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:08 am

Only the BT is T6 la. And all are W5 except 1 DP have W4, no W6. Not that many high toughness/wounds la.

Next time i try 5 FMC ya? Smile

Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:39 am

The Greater Gifts are all good. Love the +1W and IWND one.. The S8 AP1 shot also nice on BT with their BS of 10 hahaha.
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:48 am

That is why Joe's FMC was a challenge... more so when he had first turn and I did not castle up.

But AK, at the same time I am not sure about 10 termis... reason being this is a hybrid list. It is not that I can't but it is a bit odd IMHO...

Daemon FMCs as Alvin rightfully said can be broken... can vector strike, cast spell and then shoot somemore... If there is only one I think ok larr but now Joe is thinking of having 5 LOL...

Will need a few more games against flyers...
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 4:09 am

Quote :
Daemon FMCs as Alvin rightfully said can be broken... can vector strike, cast spell and then shoot somemore... If there is only one I think ok larr but now Joe is thinking of having 5 LOL...
That's the reason why we should pack more termies. Almost immune to vector strike and can fight them head on. 5 FMCs are good but they cost a tonne of points (meaning less on troops), and cannot score.

Quote :
But AK, at the same time I am not sure about 10 termis... reason being this is a hybrid list. It is not that I can't but it is a bit odd IMHO...
Up to you lah bro.. it's your army kan Smile You know it's gonna be hard, but if you hang on a bit sooner or later you'll figure out how to beat them surely.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 5:31 am

you are welcomed to stress test your army against my FMC daemons. Smile
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 7:45 am

Thanks for the support AK and Joe... Appreciate it... Smile

I think I will have to stress test the list with Daemons again (for FMCs), CSM (for heldrakes), DE (dark lances / blasters), Necrons (teslas) and hordes (IG, Tyranids, Orks)

To date, I’ve dealt mostly with MEQs so the army needs more experience with the others. Will see if I can make time to pop over this weekend. Got to go cut my hair...

Oh and if I do play against Daemons, please remind me to take some meds just in case... Papa Nurgle seems to have jinxed me since my recent encounter with them... Cis...
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:33 am

next time play daemons want to try the Soul Grinders of Nurgle again. since they have defensive grenades, even at melta's magic range they will get 4+ cover. Not bad seriously. Smile

so the new list probably going to have only 2 FMCs (Fateweaver and Bloodthirster).
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 9:51 am

I don't know when can visit the Forge. But the next time I come will wanna try my Hordes of Daemons proxies. You wanna have a try BLee?
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:03 am

Sure thing guys... all the practice would be good

Btw, defensive grenades if I'm not mistake only confers you stealth. In this case it would be 6+ cover on open ground and within 8 inch (correct me if I'm wrong again) and only 4+ cover if I'm shooting through terrain or your units or if you have 25% cover. If you are in ruins, then it is a 3+ cover subject to facing and % of exposure... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:08 am

yes, because daemons of nurgle gets shrouding rule. so a nurgle soul grinder in open getting shot with melta within 8", will get stealth as well. that's 4+ cover baby! Smile
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Wah... ini sudah lebih man... What's the strength of ur Soul Grinder cannon?
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:28 am

While waiting for Joe to reply or update his Soul Grinder thingy...

10) Vs Dom’s Dark Angels (Crusade + Vanguard)
- Had another game with Dom the recent weekend. He was keen to unveil Bob the Venerable Dread.
- His list was the same as the previous one minus the cbt sqd to make space for Bob. Once again, some tactical changes would help the list do better. Hope you’re reading this expanded writing again Dom.
- We had five objectives, 3 on my side and 2 on his. Night fighting was off and I had first turn.
- From the onset during deployment , Dom had his RW, LS Typhoons, Dev Sqd and Bob the big bombed out manufactorum. I had my guys in a diagonal line with a ruined ADL, a ruined bastion and the chaos ritual hill thingy. There was sufficient space for a DW deep strike behind my lines but suffice to say most likely only 1 sqd (the one with Belial) will land safely.

SM Turn 1
- My Pod arrives with my Comd Sqd behind Dom’s line... other than that, I moved minimally except for 1 LS that turbo boosted towards Dom’s long table edge and hid behind another cover.

- Shooting was brutal. Bob was kinda exposed (>75% visibility) to one of my Preds despite being in a ruin. It would have gotten better cover saves from the rest of my army except for that one lone Pred causing it to suffer 1 glance and 2 pens, wreaking it. TFC due to higher grd advantage of being on the ruin bastion hammered the flat footed RW killing 2. My Comd Sqd melta-ed a flat footed LS blowing it. Other shooting took out the heavy weapons of the Dev Sqd leaving the Libby and Sgt. only.

DA Turn 1
- RW moves up the long edge flank, turbo boosting later. Remaining LS moves away from my Comd Sqd and turns ard.

- Shooting saw the RW take a vet down from the Comd Sqd. Dev Sgt. and Libby failed to cause any wound on Comd Sqd

SM Turn 2
- Turbo boosted LS goes back to cruising speed and pops out to engage the RW. A Pred climbs over the ruined ADL successfully. Comd Sqd heads towards Dev Sgt. and Libby. Other than that minimal movement.

- Shooting saw me take out 2 more RW bikers from massed LR, LS and LC Cbt sqd. Pred and my other LS takes down Dom’s remaining LS with glances. Comd Sqd kills the Dev Sgt.

DA Turn 2
- DW arrives. Belial lands safely behind my LR and Razorback, near a Cbt Sqd guarding an objective. One DW Sqd lands near the ruined ADL facing the rear end of my Pred. Last DW scattered to the opposite far end corner of my long table edge for failing to land properly... It originally landed between my Razorback and a cbt sqd failing to observe the 1 inch gap rule.

- Dom took out my Pred with an exposed back, wreaking it. He also took off 2 HP from my Razorback with Belial’s sqd. RW failed to damage my LS that shot them.

SM Turn 3
- LR turns around to face Belial’s Sqd and drops out the Capt with TH&SS Termis. Razorback turns around to face Belial’s Sqd. A LS moves back (after helping to wreak Dom’s last LS) to target Belial’s Sqd. 2 Cbt Sqds with Flamers move as close as possible to Belial’s Sqd. Comd Sqd moves closer to Libby but keeps out of LOS from the nearby DW. Other than that, minimal movement.

- Comd Sqd kills Libby. LS near Dom’s table edge kills a RW biker leaving only the Attack Bike. All moved units that targeted Belial’s Sqd opened fire downing 3 termis leaving only Belial, the Cyclone Termi and a standard dude (all had TH&SS).

- With odds in my favour for a charge 2:1, my Capt and termis charged Belial. Overwatch failed. With the DW Sgt. dead, I issued a challenge and had my Sgt. take on Belial. The results were Belial and his Sqd wiped. Belial took a TH and died. The others got pummelled by my Capt and termis.

- Dom conceded.

a) Dom, you need an army list thread of your own so that we can provide you with helpful tips and comments. Try to do this soonest if you can yar...
b) I was not thinking too straight (Nurgle!!!) since I missed shooting / moving some of my guys throughout this game.
c) I need to improve my mysterious objective rolls... I got another sabotaged objective. It blew and caused 5 wounds on my Cbt Sqd... thankfully no casualties...

Comments, input, etc... please do... Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:06 am

oops... sorry for the late reply.
Soul Grinder has default Skyfire Heavy 3 but at BS3 only.
Then they can be upgraded to have either Warp Gaze (S10 AP1 Heavy 1) or Phlegm bombardment (S8 AP3 Ordnance 1, Large Blast).

Of course the no brainer option would be Phlegm bombardment. Smile
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Finally another game with the boys in blue...

11) Vs Alvin’s DE MSU List (Relic + Vanguard)
- The benchmark army... hmm, this will be interesting seeing that I seldom get to play against something non-MEQ
- Objective was in the middle (durh) and night fighting was active on the first round. Set up was like a valley, with buildings at the back for cover and the middle ground fairly open with only 2 wooded area.
- He had first turn, which was bad for me. Still it was trial and error so I went about the usual set up though I had my TFC blocked from LOS on the ground and a Pred and Razorback in wooded terrain. I had my LR screened by a sacrificial cbt sqd.

- Epic moment 1... Alvin unleashes first round of heavy fire... Splinter cannons took out 2 cbt sqds. Dark lances went for my armour taking off 1 HP from a Pred (in cover), 3 HP from LR and destroys a LS.
- Comedic moment 1... LS had nice shot on DE in ADL but both frag missiles scattered far away.
- Epic moment 2... TFC lives up to its expectations killing 7 (out of 20) warriors in ADL... my armour and comd sqd from DP took out 2 Ravagers and a Venom.
- Epic moment 3... Flyer gets in for Alvin and the second round of heavy fire continued... wreaking the LR, exploding the earlier damaged Pred, taking out the other LS and the TFC.
- Comedic moment 2... Alvin takes down my disembarked termies and captain from only 3 volleys of shooting! 2 venoms killed termies (failed 5 out of 11 wounds!) and flyer killed Captain (failed 3 out of 3 wounds!). What the heck?!
- Comedic moment 3... Razorback immobilised itself in the wooded area and could not deliver the cbt sqd inside forcing them to walk to their targets... could have had a better flamer arc on the jetbikes had I been able to move further.

- I conceded at the end of my turn 3. My remainders were a 3-man cbt sqd, a Pred and a DP, while Alvin still had 4 Venoms, 4 out of 9 jetbikes, Razorwing, HQ, 2 Elite warrior sqds, ADL and 2 warrior sqds. I suppose my set up was incorrect, giving Alvin the chance to shoot me down in the first two rounds. Still it was a good eye opening game. Must have another go to see where else I lack.

a) Stay out of dark lance range... their effective range is 36 (+ 12 if on fast skimmer)
b) DE armour (infantry and vehicle) is paper thin... my army needs an effective round of shooting first to level the field.
c) Night fighting has changed and I should not forget that!

Tips, tricks, comments and other opinions welcomed... Wink
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Alvin play MSU now? I wonder what his list looks like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts   4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

4th Co. Ultramarines - 1,750pts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2