Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1749 points Farsight Army List

Go down 
+2
Paxter
jddaman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jddaman

jddaman

Honor Points : 4459

1749 points Farsight Army List Empty
PostSubject: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:38 am

Hey all. Made a farsight army list.

Check it out.

HQ

Farsight – 165

XV8 Crisis Suit Bodyguards – 511

7x Crisis Suit Bodyguards
7x Bonding Knife Ritual

Bodyguard 1 (The Brain)
-Twin-linked flamer
-C&C node (Command & Control Node)
-MSSS (Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite 
-Neuroweb System Jammer
-Puretide Engram Neurochip

Bodyguard 2, 3 & 4 (The Helios Brothers)

Each equipped with:
-1xFusion Blaster (FB)
-1xPlasma Rifle (PR)
-Target Lock

Bodyguard 5 & 6 (Burning Eye Twins)

Each equipped with:
-2x Plasma Rifle
-Advanced Targeting System

Bodyguard 7 (Sunforge Loner)
-2xFusion Blaster
-Target Lock

Commander - 182
-Airbursting Fragmentation Projector
-Cyclic Ion Blaster
-Iridium Battlesuit
-Drone Controller
-2x Marker Drones
-Target Lock

Elites

Stealth Team (3 stealth suits) - 144
-Shas’vre
  ~markerlight & target lock
  ~2x marker drones
-2xShas’ui
  ~target lock

XV 104 Riptide - 210
-Ion Accelerator
-TL SMS
-Early Warning Override
-Velocity Tracker

Troops

2xFire Warriors – 54 , 54
-6x shas’la

Kroot Carnivore Squad - 70
-10x Kroot
-Sniper Rounds

Fast Attack

2x Pathfinder Squad – 44, 44
-4x shas’la

Vespid Stingwings - 100
-4x Vespid
-1x Vespid Strain Leader

Heavy Support

XV88 Broadside - 78
-Heavy Rail Rifle
-TL Plasma Rifle
-Velocity Tracker
-Seeker Missile

XV88 Broadside - 93
-High Yield Missile Pod
-TL SMS
-Early Warning Override
-Seeker Missile

My strategy with this is firstly, and most obviously, reserve farsight and bodyguard for deep
strike.Then everyone else will just shoot and scoot around to harass for the first few turns until farsight and co. arrives to wreak havoc either behind enemy lines or in your face. Hehe.

This list is made with using almost all of the tau models I have. Only just started collecting
tau when the codex came out but pretty fun playing with them so far.

Last edited by jddaman on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Couldn't see text.)
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6176

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:15 pm

are you planning to play this casually or competitively? If competitively are you planning to join the coming big 40k tourney? 

Reason being if you are then I would suggest opting against expansive deathstar units. One thing in 6th edition has taught me, troops are damn important. And your list is seriously lacking them and they are Ld 7 atm... which is a good way to lose them very early in the game. 

Against deep strike units, from a causal point i guess its fine. But competitively you must be aware that a good competitive list will have answers to your deepstriking ball of death. Vs my tau you get 2 S8 ap2 big blast, 12 s7 rerolls, 24 sms, 6 seekers... thats how many shots i got from interceptor. VS my DE losing 2-3 units at most will cost me under 400 points cause my venom army is barely 120 points per venom... 

N even if you face roll one or two units it is still not even close to repaying the cost of having that unit. not to mention it is not going to be great idea when 9 models costing 600-700 points are on the opposite end of the rest of your army at early to mid way thru the game.

BUT With that said... I still think farsight is amazing but I wont abuse the fact u can take so many body guards... what if you do this 
x1 farsight with x3 body guards all fusion - reason being since you dont scatter u can ngam ngam put that squad within 9 inches of an annoying vehicle and blow it to bits before running of 2d6 the opposite direction preferably behind terrain. And the remainder just have normal squads of crisis suits decked out to take out meq x3 crisis suits with 6 plasma guns n a commander with those sensor suites to help them mow down elite squads before running the opposite way. And another x3 crisis suits as back up. That gives u 11 suites going everywhere in 3 different squads. While the rest of the army push forward to help the suits. That is much fluffier too.

if i were you i would have
farsight x3 bodyguards all fusions - job take out that mofo landraider
crisis suit group 1 x3 suits all plasma with commander for support abilities - job meq killers 12 s6 ap2 all reroll all ignore cover.
crisis suit group 2 x3 suits i would go with all missiles and sit back jump out unleash 12 s7 shots and jump back. Or a multi purpose unit with fusions n plasmas. 

body guards are damn expansive i rather opt for normal suites as you are avoiding cc as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5371

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:14 am

Actually it looks like a fun list. Difficult to play, but fun nonetheless. I would personally go for more troops, but then again, that's just my style for the past 13 years. Would love to see this on the table.
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5027

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:45 am

Its a Farsight-Bomb list, so of course it'd have such a large entourage. 

I won't comment much on the minimal Troops, cuz that is my play style too. I assume that you are confident enough to be able to win the battle with such configuration of Troop choices. 

In my case though, I've had nearly a decade of gaming exp with such Troops configuration. Thus, no matter what changes may come with the new edition(s) of 40k, I'm confident enough to see it through to the end of Turn 5/6. I'm always happy to see a kindred spirit in 40k!!

That being said, Pax is more exp than me when it comes to Tau regardless whether old or new ed. It's true that your Farsight-bodyguards seem to lack focus. 

Or is it each subsection of the bodyguards can shoot at different target via whatchamacallit-wargear upgrade?
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:14 am

It does have split fire but having one clump aint gonna help it lol
Back to top Go down
jddaman

jddaman

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:48 am

hey guys. thanks for the cool feedback. especially paxter. This would mostly be a fun list, not intended for tourneys but i would still play this in tourneys even so. lol. actually, for the second commander, i will have him join the stealth suits so that he can provide more anti-infantry fire to the suits while having a more reliable markerlight platform, courtesy of the markerlight drones from the commander and the stealth suits. also this list feels like how i'd play in dawn of war. so kind of a nostalgia thing for me. except that i won't bother charging with kroot, just get them to be distractions or even objective grabbers with their inflitrate and stealth in forest cover.

tested this list a few weeks ago against dann's nids, but with one 10 man pathfinder squad no vespids. very close win. his one hive tyrant and genestealer squad mauled my lines almost completely, killing the riptide, pathfinders, broadside and stealth suits with commander. but the farsight bomb took out his tyrannofex, tervigon and tyranid warriors. right to the end of turn six, only farsight, broadside and kroots were left. but managed to pull of a win by killing his only troops choice left. and that part was a miracle too. hehe. will have to write a battle report on this soon.

i like your suggestions, pax. especially the 3 plasma crisis and support commander. might use it one of these days. but for now, liking my combo a lot. you kill one suit, still more plasma and fusion shots to go.

cikgudin, feelings likewise here. for me, i'm not so big on grabbing objectives so much as destroying whoever is on the battlefield.

thanks for the comments, spunkybass. fun list so far. wanna paint my bodyguards in different sept colours to represent the diversity and unity of the farsight enclaves. hehe. a big contrast to paxter's army i'm sure. in terms of colours la. but no time to even paint all black. lol. will make sure to have some colours on the bodyguards this week at least.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 7:53 am

Yeap In all honestly in the end.... Play what u love most lol. The diff colors for the bodyguards is a great idea man. U should go for it.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5272

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:43 am

yes i rmbr that game. Super-epic win on your side!

Luckily tau still crumble in HTH hahaha
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6468

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Them troops? just put them in reserve and pray they dont come in on turn 2.

But I agree to more troops actually. So my Berserkers can claim more fishheads hahaha.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:32 pm

hey u didn't have vespids when we played...
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5027

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Aha!! So you lose to a smaller sized army?! KANTOI!!
Back to top Go down
jddaman

jddaman

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 5:02 pm

No vespids that time. Had more kroot and pathfinders had 3 ion rifles. Don't worry. Still same points.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:12 am

the ion rifles were more painful... took out 2 or 3 tyranid warriors...
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:46 am

rail guns also not bad but only str6 but good thing is its AP1 and rapidfire... put six of them in a fish with sms and 2 seekers and outflank them u got a sexy new use for pathfinders. 4 SMS shots, 2 seekers, 6 rail shots, 6 carbines
Back to top Go down
jddaman

jddaman

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:27 am

you can only have 3 of the special weapons max in one squad. but in any case, wanna see if more marker lights are better than diff kinds of firepower. and also wanna be the 1st tau player to use vespids. lol.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:38 am

memang 3 railguns but its rapidfire so 6 shots at half range.

Vespids are ok actually.. Im quite racist in my tau only the pure tau shall be in it. Even kroots are sent to die every game Razz
Back to top Go down
jddaman

jddaman

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:54 am

oh. i thought it wasn't rapid fire. the writers made it sound like it was a heavy weapon. lol. should learn 2 read better. huh, i thought tau would be more inclusive, what with all the Greater Good crap and all in the Empire. hehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1749 points Farsight Army List   1749 points Farsight Army List Empty

Back to top Go down

1749 points Farsight Army List
Page 1 of 1