Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Marines and Stuff

Go down 
+12
Alvin K
Boonkin
dif2find
CikguDin
BLee
Vuel
Arzmi
cookie_yip
Dr-DOOOM!!!
dann.toh
LordAK
shaun
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6186

Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 4:21 am

besides..... they look damn cool!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 4:22 am

Very true..
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4673

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Lol so using rule of cool? I think they would do well against MC cause they are S6 striking at initiative and I just realised the other day the Nephilim is best used against FMC cause its shooting 11 S5 or above shots at them every turn. Oh well have to have a long hard think about that.

Just gonna mix SM and DA together and seem to have gotten this list

Primary Detachment - SM
HQ
Captain
TH, SS, Artificer, Hellfire, Digital, Bike

Troops
Tactical Squad - 10
Flamer, Lascannon

Tactical Squad - 10
Flamer, Lascannon

Elites
Terminator Squad - 6
Chainfist, Cyclone Missile Launcher

Heavy Support
Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought
Cyclone, 2 TL Lascannons

Devastator Squad - 8
4 Missile Launchers

Fortifications
Aegis Defence Lines
Quad Gun

Secondary Detachment - DA
HQ
Librarian
Mastery Level 2, Conversion Field, Bike

Ravenwing Command Squad - 5
Apothecary, Ravenwing Grenade Launcher

Troops
Scout Squad - 8
Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks

Total 1850

The idea is just to throw the Captain and RW Command Squad forward. Since the RW Command Squad has Scout and Skilled Rider they pass it to the Captain too. Its solid enough that it can take quite a lot of punishment. Then the rest of the army is just shoot, shoot and shoot. Not sure if I have enough guns though. Have to get better with my rules too...
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 7:00 pm

So after a couple of games with the list above my record so far is 3W 0D 1L its okay but I feel that the Terminators haven't really been contributing too much cause Storm Bolters being 24" doesn't really help the overall firepower in the army. They are a good babysitting unit for my firebase but I am not sure if they are worth it anymore. Was thinking of replacing the Terminators but to do that I would also have to replace the Contemptor Mortis with a Stormraven so it would look like

Space Marines
Heavy Support
Stormraven Gunship
Extra Armour

Dark Angels
Elites
Dreadnought
DCCW, MM, Heavy Flamer
-Drop Pod

Fast Attack
Ravenwing Support Squadron (2)
Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Missile Launcher

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:46 am

I think you should keep the termies as your counter assault unit.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 4:57 am

Haha okay cause I feel like the list is lacking in firepower but i'll keep getting more games and see how it works out. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:14 am

can always test against me. Smile
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Haha next week Saturday lar. See what happens in games this week first before I test against you and your cheese Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:15 pm

just now got chance test but you dont wanna test. lol
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:32 pm

Just now cannot lar too sleepy. Watch games also hard to focus and pay attention haha
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Okay so got a chance to test the list last Sunday, Yesterday and Today. The Bike Squad...just...I don't know...they are good. That's all I can really say lol.

Last Sunday was against Dann's DE. His list was

Rakarth with Grotesques in Raider
Haemonculus with Grotesques in Raider
10 Wracks in Raider
3 Wracks in Venom x2
3 Trueborn with 2 Splinter Cannon
2 Talos
1 Chronus
10 Scourges with 4 Dark Lance

I think I may be missing some stuff but The mission was Crusade with Hammer and Anvil deployment. Rakarth got Outflank as his Warlord trait so he put Rakarth and his unit in reserves cause I had first turn and there was no night fight. My bikes and Termies moved up and everything started shooting. Didn't get first blood cause nothing was in range but the next turn I did cause he poured all his shots into the Bikes but didn't kill them all. The survivors killed his Scourges and Termies assaulted a unit of Grotesques with a Haemon (They got stuck quite a while). They broke free eventually but there was only 2 left with one wound each and I killed them off from shooting. The bikes went through his backline and at the end the Captain and Librarian both survived with a wound each. Rakarth didn't come in until Turn 4 sadly and eventually got stuck with a combat squad. My Dreadnought then charged them and he concedes cause he could only try to glance me to death and that would be hard since the Contemptor had a 5+ invuln and only the Champion could harm me.

Next game was against Jo and his Chaos. His list was

Juggerlord with Chainfist and Lightning Claw
Juggerlord with Axe
4 Chaos Spawn
10 Berserkers with Rhino x2
8 Havoc with 4 Missiles
8 Havoc with 4 Autocannons
Heldrake with Hades Autocannon
Vindicator
11 Cultists
3 Chaos Terminators with 3 Combi-Meltas x2

The mission was the Relic as the main mission and Big Guns Never Tire being the secondary mission and deplyment was Hammer and Anvil. We deployed and I rolled the Captain as a scoring unit. I also got Misfortune for my Librarian. I got first turn and there was no night fight. I Scout forward towards his Double Juggerlord and Spawn squad with the Bikes. I then Prescience the Devs and Misfortune the Lords. The Bikes shoot first and hits with the Rad Grenade making them T4. My army then pours all their shots into them and they die from Instant Death and Misfortune. Jo then asks me to restart cause he didn't know what they could do and I obliged cause I didn't feel it was fair cause I didn't tell him completely what they could do cause I thought he already knew.

So we restart with the Juggerlords on the other side lol but I told him I would do the same thing except Misfortune his Havoc Squad with Autocannons. I wipe them out with my firepower. So same thing happened and my Bikes slowly went through his backline and the Lords tried to kill them off but I manage to kill his Warlord then Hit and Run away and shoot his other Lord to death. I only had the Captain and Apothecary left which both managed to survive and kill another 3 Termies which misshaped and I put them in a corner, a lone Berserker Champ and 2 Spawns. The Captain also managed to grab the Relic after the Hit and Run from the Chaos Lord. The Spawns got stuck in combat with my Scouts which tried to get to the Relic and that lasted until from Turn 2 until 5 lol cause his Lords split and went for my bikes. From there I managed to kill his Termies and Cultists in my backline. They got there cause he rolled Master of Deception and Outflanked them both.  At turn 7 he only had a immo Rhino and vector lock Heldrake left.

Next game was against Haas (Sorry I don't know how to spell your name dude lol) and his Space Marines

His list was
Librarian with Plasma Pistol and Jump Pack
10 Tacticals with Flamer and Lascannon
Razorback with Heavy Bolter
5 Scouts with Snipers and Missile Launcher
10 Assault Marines with 2 Plasma Pistols and Sergeant with Power Fist or Weapon cant remember and Plasma Pistol
Stormraven Gunship
Predator with Autocannon and Twin Heavy Bolters
2 Land Raider Achilles!!!!!!

Mission was Purge the Alien cause we were running out of time and deployment was Hammer and Anvil with no night fight. I get first turn and I just shoot up the Predator for easy first blood. My bikes scout forward on his flank which was only protected by the Librarian and Assault Marines. Killed them all for minimal losses on the Bikes. I think I lost one or two only. He tried to assault me but failed even though he needed only 5". Then shot and killed most of the Assault Squad leaving only the Librarian and one marine. A lucky shot Lascannon also managed to kill one of the Land Raiders. I rolled 3 6's in a row. Don't know what to say lol. From there it was just mop up with me killing off his Tacticals and the Razorback. The Librarian and remaining Assault Marine also died. The Stormraven did come in but didn't do anything so he conceded and cause we were out of time also. He only had a Scout, Land Raider Achilles and Stormraven left by turn 3.

Today went up against Nahri's BA. His list was

Captain with Power Fist, Storm Shield, Jump Pack
Librarian
5 Command Squad with 2 Combi Plasma, 2 Combi-Melta, a Power Fist and Drop Pod
10 Assault Marines with 2 Meltagun and Sergeant with Power Sword
5 Scouts with Sniper Rifles
3 Attack Bikes with Heavy Bolters
Baal Predator with TL Assault Cannon and Heavy Bolters
5 Devastators with 3 Missiles, Lascannon x2
Dreadnought with Frag Cannon and Drop Pod
10 Sternguard with 4 Combi-Melta, Power Fist and Drop Pod

The mission was Purge the Alien. Deployment was Hammer and Anvil. Got first turn again with no night fight (See a pattern here? Lol) Scouted the Bikes up as usual towards his firebase where his Devs were along with a Captain and Assault Squad. Wiped a Devastator unit and that was it. Today dice weren't as good and I failed a lot of Armour, Cover and Feel No Pain saves for the Bikes haha. The Captain got Legendary Fighter for his Warlord trait but got stabbed by a Sergeant with Power Sword and died (Legendary Fighter...riiiiiiiight). That was cause he poured his firepower into them and took 2 wounds of the Captain as well as killing most of the Bikes. My Librarian and Apothecary got some pride back though as the Apo killed the Sergeant and my Librarian force weaponed the Captain after getting a Precision Strike in. They died from massed attacks but there were only 4 Assault Marines left which promptly got shot to death by the Termies. He also podded a Librarian with Command Squad and Sternguard with the Command Squad going after my Bikes and Sternguard to my Tacticals. He forgot I had intercept though and the Contemptor Dreadnought killed 4 members of the Command Squad as well as the Priest. They then died to Missile Launchers. Podding Dread came in next and killed 4 Tac Marines. The Contemptor then walked up and shot him getting a Stun and he didn't have extra armour haha. The Termies then finished him with Cyclones the turn after. Sternguard also died to Termie shooting and assault. He concedes at the 5th turn cause he had 5 Devs, 3 HB Atk Bikes, 5 Scouts on the other side of the table and a Baal Predator left. I had my Contemptor, 6 Tacticals from both, Quad Gun and 3 Termies left. Most of my Heavy Weapons were intact and the Dread was near the Pred and Atk Bikes so would have charged them so that's probably why. There was going to be a 6th turn.

Last game today was against Blee's Ultramarines. His list was

Captain with Power Fist, Artificer, Storm Shield
5 Command Squad with 4 Meltaguns in Drop Pod
5 Assault Termies in Land Raider
10 Tacticals with Flamer and Lascannon x2
Razorback with Lascannnon and Twin Linked Plasma Gun x2
2 Land Speeders with Typhoon Missile Launchers
Thunderfire Cannon
Predator with Autocannon and Twin Lascannon x2

Mission was the Scouring and deployment was Hammer and Anvil with no night fight (Seriously I don't know whats going on). He gives me the first turn so I deploy. First turn scout the Bikes up and move them in front of him but they do nothing. The Termies also slowly move up. I kill the Predator for first blood cause the Tacts were gonna go to ground in a Bolstered Ruin for 2+ Cover anyway so didn't wanna waste my shots. He tried to counter by sending his Assault Termies after my Bikes but they didn't manage to do much. I then Hit and Run away and Plasma them to death that did leave me in the open though and most of them got promptly shot to death except the Captain. He lasted until turn 6 but lost his last wound to a Lascannon shot. My army poured firepower into his Razors and Speeders killing them all eventually cause I couldn't really harm the Land Raider and they were easier targets. The Speeders were also extra VP's. My slow walking Termies eventually got to assault the Land Raider and killed it off with the Power Fist and Chainfist cause he had to move the Raider closer to them so he could get a charge off on the bikes. After killing the Raider they killed some tacts and chased the Captain down and killed him. His Captain was scoring so he disembarked earlier away from his assault termies to control an objective. The Drop Pod command squad caused a lot of problems as they landed behind the Contemptor and blew it up. Couldn't intercept cause they were behind me and my firing arc was limited. Eventually they died though from Tacticals and Scouts charging and shooting. Quite a close game cause I only had 1 Marine each from each combat squad, 3 Marines from a combat squad, 4 Marines from a combat squad, 4 Devastators and 3 Terminators. He had a Drop Pod, 5 Tacticals and his Thunderfire left and now that I think about it I forgot I rolled Tenacity for my Warlord trait so could have FNP the Lascannon shot haha but doesn't change the outcome so doesn't matter.

Even though I won all the games (somehow lol) Overall I think the list is solid with 2 hard units and a solid shooting element. The only problem was dealing with Land Raiders. I need to get lucky or else I am screwed. At times also its hard to deal with Armour 13 cause I need to focus to glance even one to death. So I think I need to find a way to buff up my shooting element but keep my Core Assault units which is my Bikes and Termies. I also need Meltas for AV13 and 14 but points are really hard to come by in this list. Dropping the Contemptor means I lack Skyfire and I have always found Devastators to be a bargain for the Missile Launchers. Not really sure what to toss and keep. So need ideas from you guys and your opinions are highly appreciated. Oh and please don't ask me to play min squads its just not...my style. Thank you.

Last edited by shaun on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5025

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Contemptor is ok, but try to get the actual model so that your opponent won't grumble too much.Not sure if it's tourney legal though, so better check with the tourney organizer.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Yea but I am gonna go back to the UK soon so gonna get it when I get back. Cheaper cause shipping is free. If not tourney legal then I could just swap with storm raven gunship. Maybe change the termies with 8 stern guard with power fist and 3 Combi Melta and drop pod.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:40 am

Wanna stress test the list against my Daemons? Razz
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:29 am

Haha yes please. Need to see how good it can be but I'll probably be changing the Terminators for Sternguard. Need to learn how to play without Terminators also.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:04 am

haha..that's the spirit boy!

when you heading back exactly?

i can't game this weekend. but should be available next weekend la. Smile
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:21 am

I have about 4 more gaming weeks. Cant stretch to 5 sadly or else wont make it back in time for new semester haha.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:28 am

ok set. Wink
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:38 pm

Had 4 games over the weekdays and weekend. Don't really remember the details but 3 of them were against Dann's DE. He is probably sick of my Marines now haha. Won all 3. Last game was the closest though but an error on his Grotesque unit not being Fearless was enough cause they got swept by one Bike Captain. He lost 8 Grotesques and his Haemon just like that. Final Score was 10-9

Other game was against Aiman and his CSM.

His list was
Abaddon
Sorcerer in Termie Armour
5 Terminators with Combi-Melta and Champion
9 Thousand Sons
9 Thousand Sons
Heldrake
3 Nurgle Oblits
5 Havocs with 4 Lascannons, MOS, Icon of Excess
5 Havocs with 4 Autocannons, MOS, Icon of Excess
Skyshield Landing Pad

Some highlights were Prescience Sternguard hitting 16 and wounding 15 with Hellfire rounds killing all the Autocannon Havocs. Rad Grenade on the Oblits letting me Lascannon them to death. His Autocannon Havocs also managed to kill 3 Bikes and wound the Captain haha that was good shooting from him. The tide did turn though when Abaddon with Termies and his Heldrake came in. Couldn't really deal with Abaddon's unit so focus fired but the Thousand Sons then caused me all sorts of problems as they killed the Sternguard. In the end my Captain had the Relic so I was trying to run away from Abaddon but he caught me. I sacked the Librarian so I could Combat Tactics away but it was a draw and Abaddon got +1A. Had to accept the challenge then and was quite sure gonna lose that but the Bike Captain pulled through and killed Abaddon haha. From there just moped up his Thousand Sons. His Heldrake also suffered a Weapon Destroy result so it was only annoying with Vector Strike. Final score was 5-0 but the game was closer than that cause if Abaddon won the combat he would have destroyed my gunline and I would have lost.

Gonna stress test against Jo's Daemons this weekend so we will see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 3:41 am

wahhh.... stress lo. so much high expectation on my daemons. Smile
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5025

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:15 am

Less than 4 gaming weeks izt? So your last weekend would be on 5th & 6th September, right? Maybe I can finish assembling my Eldar before those dates so I can have a 'taste' of your SMs.

Hope u don't mind playing against unpainted models though.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:00 pm

@Jo: Yerrr fake reaction. Sure tapau me one lol.

@CikguDin: Lol any challenges are always welcome. I am the last person who should be complaining about unpainted models haha. Hope you don't mind either.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:42 am

You going already? Kita lawan dulu lar bro.. bila last boleh main?
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Got 3 more gaming weeks. Last will be 8th September dude. Just use me as excuse to escape your Lash of Submission hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 5:43 pm

sorry shaun, won't be able to come this weekend and the whole next month.
catch you again when you back. safe journey there bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Space Marines and Stuff
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next