Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

6th ED official discussion thread

Go down 
+9
LordAK
Vuel
wolkenritter89
dann.toh
AznJake
T.Hijiri
dif2find
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Paxter
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6186

6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:03 pm

hello, of coz when he is single, he's not an IC la. he's a MC Character as per the appendix in the rulebook. So still subject to character rules when fighting alone la.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4913

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:06 pm

So which should you follow, the appendix of the rulebook or FAQ? Smile

Fyi, there's no IC in the appendix for any entry, there's only (ch). Which could mean either it's an IC or Character. In the case of the Hive Tyrant, since the appendix may be misleading to thinking it's an IC all the time, the FAQ makes it clear that he's an IC only when he is with a unit of TGs.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:22 pm

both appendix and FAQ. the faq doesn't say ignore the entry in appendix.
and the faq only states that it acts like an IC when join the tyrant guards.

so when he's alone, he's a Ch.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Mmm, I'll give you that, but that just means I'll win combat against a simple Sergeant when I kill him because nobody else can hit me at that turn. Hahahah.
Back to top Go down
chilliaddict
Recruit
Recruit

Honor Points : 4519

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:00 pm

then the sergeant just has to refuse the challenge?
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Then I get to kill the other models while his power-fist sergeant sits idly watching his men die. Don't forget the consequence of refusing a challenge.
Back to top Go down
chilliaddict
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:36 pm

i could kill my sergeant and fall back
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:45 pm

That's if you fail your test and I couldn't sweeping advance you, then again if I know I can kill more than a sergeant, I won't be the one issuing a challenge.

The new wound allocation would also mean you can't directly allocate wounds on your sergeant beside using "Look out, sir!", if you don't want a one on one fight.
Back to top Go down
chilliaddict
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:15 pm

I meant if you challenged the sergeant i would gladly accept. You kill the sergeant then the squad falls back thanks to combat tactics.

On the other hand you don't challenge the sergeant then, the squad takes the brunt of the attack then the sergeant hits back with a power weapon and hopefully gives you a wound then the squad falls back thanks to combat tactics.

Only problem with this is there are not enough marines in the squad to pull this off or that the squad might get swept but thanks to the new 'and they shall know no fear' rules the squad no longer suffers from the 'no retreat' rule and get stuck in another round of combat.

The main point is, does a 200 point tyrant really want to lock a squad of marines in combat when it can be doing other more interesting things like flying around and being a gigantic flying pain in the ass?
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5270

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:39 am

Question: Is the Sanguinor, Mephiston, Masque of Slaanesh a 'character' for the purpose of challenges? From what I understand, they are not ICs and are considered units in their own right, and can never be challenged / or challenge.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:43 am

chilliaddict wrote:

The main point is, does a 200 point tyrant really want to lock a squad of marines in combat when it can be doing other more interesting things like flying around and being a gigantic flying pain in the ass?

If a Hive Tyrant is on its own, it is NOT A CHARACTER. If he's with Tyrant Guards, he's treated as an IC, but the Guards will likely tear apart the marines, even if the Tyrant is locked in CC with a Sergeant Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:00 am

huh? a lone hive tyrant is a character la.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:15 am

is he? must hv missed that part in the rulebook... are MCs considered characters now?! 0.0

Last edited by dann.toh on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:19 am

Not all. Have to refer to rulebook appendix. Surprisingly Wraithlord is also a MC Character. lol
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:23 am

nuts. I was hoping a Carnifex was an MC Character so I can hv fun challenging commanders and sergeants Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:35 am

chilliaddict wrote:
I meant if you challenged the sergeant i would gladly accept. You kill the sergeant then the squad falls back thanks to combat tactics.

I'd never challenge a weak character unless it's someone else like Dante or a very important character. I was before in the opinion that the Hive Tyrant wasn't a character, so I couldn't be challenged, I didn't want to be challenge by weak sergeants but that's not the case.

chilliaddict wrote:
On the other hand you don't challenge the sergeant then, the squad takes the brunt of the attack then the sergeant hits back with a power weapon and hopefully gives you a wound then the squad falls back thanks to combat tactics.

That is if you don't fail sweeping advance then. And also you lost during my assault phase, you wouldn't want to fall back when it's about to be my turn, right?

chilliaddict wrote:
Only problem with this is there are not enough marines in the squad to pull this off or that the squad might get swept but thanks to the new 'and they shall know no fear' rules the squad no longer suffers from the 'no retreat' rule and get stuck in another round of combat.

You mean they don't they take 'no retreat' but still get stuck in combat right?

chilliaddict wrote:

This would be a situational discussion then, I was talking about this event in isolation. There are some reasons I would rather be locked in combat with a weak unit, ie. there are potential anti-tank weaponry all around me and this particularly unit is all I can do to save my ass from it OR probably because my other units are not here yet and I'm the main target for the opponent, very subjective.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:55 am

Hey anyone notice that the Blood Chalice now only affects units from Codex: Blood Angels?

Meaning Corbulo and Sanguinary Priests can't give allies FNP and Furious Charge Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:16 am

Yea, noticed that loooooong ago dude. Razz

In regards to Challenges. Yea, my last game with Edward had my Bloodthirster assaulted a unit of Assault Marines. He challenged with his Sergeant. So I could only deal 1 wound. We should have some rule like Fantasy called OverKill to gain more combat results. Sad

In the other hand, taking advantage of this challenge rule, if a CC tooled up model charged my unit of 5 Crypteks. I just send 1 Cryptek each time in challenge. So max opponent can win is by 1 and I can easily pass with Ld 9 with a Chrono's reroll. And not to mention the one died gets to come back! GAY-NESS!!! hahahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:43 am

Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:

In the other hand, taking advantage of this challenge rule, if a CC tooled up model charged my unit of 5 Crypteks. I just send 1 Cryptek each time in challenge. So max opponent can win is by 1 and I can easily pass with Ld 9 with a Chrono's reroll. And not to mention the one died gets to come back! GAY-NESS!!! hahahahahaha.

there's a flipside to this la... your unit of S8 AP2 crypteks are locked for a very very long time.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:54 am

at least won't die lor. Another good example will be Ork nob squad. Since all of them Characters. If a BloodThirster charge into them, I can tie him up for a very loooooooooooooooong time. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:10 am

I dunno if Nobz wanna challenge... after all, there can only be 10 of them. 1 die means -2 Ld check, sweeping advance would kill them all kan?

On the other hand, if they stay their ground and all fight (assuming got at least 2-3 PKlaw Nobz), means at least some amount of P Klaws can find their mark and kill through sheer weight of numbers...

So, now that we know this... imagine if the Bloodthirster challenged instead...
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:01 am

I guess the Challenge rule can work both ways. To help the less superior in CC to survive.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:17 am

Yes I agree with Dann, unless your unit is suppose to tarpit MCs, I think a lot of its potential to kill other units is lost.

Imagine everything around the Nob units die and they are still issuing challenges to the MC, one by one.
Back to top Go down
T.Hijiri
Private
Private
T.Hijiri

Honor Points : 4629

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Joe, you were looking for some 6th Ed counters? Print these out on thick paper:

http://gravengames.co.uk/free-counters-and-markers-suitable-for-warhammer-40k-6th-edition/
Back to top Go down
https://picasaweb.google.com/117620792610579106163/Miniatures?au
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:32 am

hey very quickly, cuz i don't have the rulebook with me at the moment... can flyers be hit by blast weapons?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

6th ED official discussion thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next