Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

6th ED official discussion thread

Go down 
+9
LordAK
Vuel
wolkenritter89
dann.toh
AznJake
T.Hijiri
dif2find
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Paxter
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4789

6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:06 am

despite being a marine player myself, I'm kinda 'bored' seeing them getting even nastier with 6th..
what I'm trying to say is, aren't there already too many marine armies around?
the game needs more xenos buff..
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6186

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:12 am

I GOT MAH BOOK Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:03 am

Page 198 omg! Zoats concept pics!
Back to top Go down
wolkenritter89
Private
Private
wolkenritter89

Honor Points : 4608

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:31 pm

looks like missile launchers will be all the rage (again) with their ability to fire 3 different kinds of missiles. Anti-infantry, anti-air and anti-tanks.

Of all the psychic powers i am liking divination the best. After that comes telepathy and biomancy.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4925

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:41 pm

If you look closer, it's not every missile launcher has it, it states some missile launchers maybe upgraded with Flakk Missiles.
Back to top Go down
T.Hijiri
Private
Private
T.Hijiri

Honor Points : 4641

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Back to top Go down
https://picasaweb.google.com/117620792610579106163/Miniatures?au
wolkenritter89
Private
Private
wolkenritter89

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:48 pm

AznJake wrote:
If you look closer, it's not every missile launcher has it, it states some missile launchers maybe upgraded with Flakk Missiles.

whoops guess in my haste i missed out on some parts.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:15 pm

I'm having trouble interpreting the psychic disciplines.

Do you keep your codex psychic powers and generate new powers from the rulebook,
or
Do you replace your codex psychic powers with the rulebook powers?
Back to top Go down
wolkenritter89
Private
Private
wolkenritter89

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:22 pm

I read it as either take existing codex ones or trade off the ones in the codex for the new ones.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Another question then, this new Warp Charge(WC) thing. If you have two Warp Charge points, means you can cast two powers of WC1, or one power of WC2.

If a psyker has Mastery Level 2 that knows two psychic powers in the codex.
Can he only take one WC 2 psychic power or two WC 2 psychic powers or one WC 2 & one 1?
Back to top Go down
wolkenritter89
Private
Private
wolkenritter89

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:01 pm

IMO number of psychic powers is irrelevant to how many WC the chara has.
My interpretation is that the chara can have more psychic powers to choose from than the number of WC the chara has. The WC is simply the energy (mana) required to cast the psychic power.
Thus if the chara has 2 WC the chara the chara can use up to 2 WC to pay for casting but the number of psychic powers he can cast are limited by his mastery level.
With regards to the question i think it says that per power you cast you use up the requisite warp charge (correct me if i am mistaken)? So say the chara has 2 WC the chara can then cast 1 power that cost 2 WC or 2 powers that cost 1WC.
Meaning WC when beginning - WC cost = WC after casting

Think of it as having the energy but having to funnel it into the psychic power. And the efficiency of funneling being the mastery level.

(again this is purely my interpretation)

Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:04 pm

So basically it's possible to get two WC 2 powers from the discipline then, even though you can't cast both of them at once.

I raised this issue when I was at HF but everyone was filled with excitement so I guess mistakes here and there are made.

Also, Techmarines restore HPs on vehicles on a 5+ (without servo-arms). @.@
Back to top Go down
wolkenritter89
Private
Private
wolkenritter89

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:10 pm

AznJake wrote:
So basically it's possible to get two WC 2 powers from the discipline then, even though you can't cast both of them at once.

I raised this issue when I was at HF but everyone was filled with excitement so I guess mistakes here and there are made.

Also, Techmarines restore HPs on vehicles on a 5+ (without servo-arms). @.@

lol just let me make it clear i only skimmed through most of it. splitting time between studying and reading the book so i may not be accurate.

p.s. is it me or are codex psychic powers limited to units from the same codex and to use psychic powers across codices in the case of allies you need to use the general psychic powers?
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 5:33 pm

After reading the FAQ and some parts of the rulebook, it's official then..

1. All Crozius Arcanum are considered as Power Maul --> S+1, AP4..
2. Kharn's Gorefang is considered as Power Axe, which means Initiative 1..
3. Black Templar --> your Storm Shields are now more expensive and has the same POTMS as normal Space Marines..
4. All Nemesis Force Weapons are treated as Unusual Force Weapons..
5. Dreadknight with Personal Teleporter = Jump Monstrous Creature..
6. Dark Eldar's allied units can not use the webway portal..
7. Eldrad is Psyker Level 3, but generates four general psychic powers if he chose not to use the Codex: Eldar powers..
8. Swooping Hawks suddenly got upgraded (I'm serious)..
9. Flying Hive Tyrants and Harpies are now scarier than ever..
10. Bone Swords >>> Power Weapons
11. Terminator-armoured infantry will be the hot trend among marine players..
12. Hydra Flak Tanks have the 'Skyfire' rule as a default..

that's all for now, a lot more will be discussed later..
Back to top Go down
wolkenritter89
Private
Private
wolkenritter89

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:07 am

Now that AP2 gets the ol melta +1 to damage chart and AP1 get +2 instead i wonder if i should field meltavets or go for lascannon heavy weapons teams for my IG.
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:31 pm

lascannon heavy weapons team
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:55 pm

I sense that the first company for every chapter will be losing battle brothers much faster than before... Every loyalist / csm army will mostlikely churn out terminators.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6198

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:29 am

Just tried my 1st 6th ed game vs SuKai's Space Marines. Some thoughts and huge difference in the new rules:

1) Like most ppl said, speed is the key.
2) Numbers matters now since kill points are no longer there, but victory points. SuKai plays with Calgar with termies in land raider. His army was super small. Managed to easily outnumber and outmaneuver him.
3) Fearless is awesome now. No more no retreat wounds. Nids got huge buffed in this. You will see lots of gaunts horde.
4) Overlord on CCB is now a chariot and can fight in combat on the CCB. So should give him the 3+ inv save and mindshackle scarab.
5) and THIS IS THE BIGGEST FOUND! you can not single out an IC in combat anymore. They are treated the same as the unit like our old retinue rules. Attacks have to be directed to the unit and allocated. Wounds allocated to IC can use Look Out Sir rule. Only when challenge you can single out the IC! Those weak IC without Inv saves can now safely fight in the unit without being taken down early.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5282

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:05 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I read, a silly cheap arse Sergeant can challenge a Tyranid Prime, effectively taking away my 5 S5 poisoned attacks that ignore armour saves and cause instant death at Ini5 from HTH combat... that part i don't like.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:08 am

yes, and unlike Fantasy, there is no overkill rule. so the max u can deal is 1 wound.

monolith and ghost ark now can have 5+ cover due to Jinx rule. lolz
Monolith in cover? you must be kidding me.

Back to top Go down
T.Hijiri
Private
Private
T.Hijiri

Honor Points : 4641

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:19 am

Since WFB has Storm of Magic, I do wonder when WH40K will have some supplement for summoned warp entities. Daemonhosts, mindlfayers, etc.

Maybe stuff like some of those summoned beasts Ahriman and Co. like to keep around.
Back to top Go down
https://picasaweb.google.com/117620792610579106163/Miniatures?au
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:25 pm

There's one type of psychic power we haven't seen is the conjuration spell, which lets you summon some entity from the warp but cannot claim or deny objectives.

They might actually make CSM codex it's first white mouse to experiment this psychic powers with, Thousand Sons summoning stuff perhaps?

Challenges are good in some way and bad in someway.

1. According to the rulebook reference, my Broodlord is a character, the Hive Tyrant is only a character with Tyrant Guards (FAQ). I've seen a lot of sergeants with either a power fist or power sword so I don't think it's a bad thing challenging them.

2. Refusing a challenge, makes the challengee(actually not a typo) not able to fight, and you would wonder why a space marine will even do that...

3. A refused challenge still lets the challenger kill the whole unit. An accepted challenge means no one other than the two of them can fight each other, the others will fight against their lackeys. With the new wound allocation, putting your sergeant in front will mean taking wounds first before the ones not in base contact.

4. Your Broodlord might just have killed a one wound sergeant, but he gets to fight another round if given the space marine does not get to runaway.

5. If the sergeant doesn't die, either because of bad rolls or he's pulling his own men to take the blow (Look out, sir!), the challenge continues for another round and nobody can still attack them.

Now for the bads

1. You can only hit the sergeant, if you had uberly kitted out your character too, chances are he will just let you kill him rather than trying to save him by using the unit's own blood and flesh. This is subjective, depending who usually play and what you want to assault, characters are MVPs for most armies, even the non-named ones.

For an example, against BA or SW, priests are your main target ICs.

2.Your uberly kitted out character could have killed even more than just the sergeant, usually then it is the other who issues the challenge, not you. But then it's either you fight or you don't and then subsequently get killed.

3. A single IC unit challenged or challenges will have a hard time, "Get'im, Boss!" lets you re-roll one dice per 5 models, per turn and it's any kind of dice made by the character with tons of lackeys behind him. Luckily single Hive Tyrants are not ICs.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:44 pm

err...Jake, the FAQ only clarifies that Hive Tyrant benefits from Look Out Sir and stuff like an IC joins a unit. By its own, its still a character. So he can still be challenged and challenge.
And "Moral Support" rule extends to characters. Not just IC.
Hope that clarifies things.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:49 pm

"...while part of the unit, is treated as such for the purposes of Look Out, Sir! rolls, Challenges, Precision Shots and Precision Strikes".

I believe when he is a single model, he is not an IC, it's only when he is in a unit of Tyrant Guards.

The phrase "while part of the unit" shows that he has the following rules only when it joins one and being part of one.

Whilst I was mentioning the "IC" I was using it loosely to also mean character.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:01 pm

logically how is it when a tyrant is alone not in a squad he isnt considered an C?

Last edited by Paxter on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th ED official discussion thread   6th ED official discussion thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

6th ED official discussion thread
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next