Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar

Go down 
+2
Dr-DOOOM!!!
LordAK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6468

Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:20 am

This is my submission to the Batrep Contest. It is the same format as my previous batrep back when I did my own mini league between my armies. Hope you guys like it Smile

Game : 1750 points, The Relic (Mission 6)

Army lists:
The World Eaters chaosrhino
Daemon Prince (Warlord) | Mark of Khorne, Wings, Warlord Traits --> Legendary Fighter
Daemon Prince | Mark of Khorne, Wings
5 Terminators | Mark of Khorne, 4 CombiMeltas, 1 HeavyFlamer, 4 PAxes, 1 Chainfist
8 Berserkers | Champ with PowerAxe, Icon, Meltabomb
8 Berserkers | Champ with PowerSword (in Rhino with CombiMelta)
8 Berserkers | Champ with PowerSword (in Rhino with CombiMelta)
Predator | TL-Lasscannon, Lasscanon Side Sponsons
Predator | TL-Lasscannon, Lasscanon Side Sponsons
Land Raider | Dozer Blade

Craftworld Iyan-Din falcon
Eldrad (Warlord) eldrad Warlord Traits --> He is a Scoring unit.
Farseer | Guide, Fortuned, some items to help in spellcasting
5 Warp Spiders | Exharch with dual-spinner and PowerSword
5 Fire Dragons | Exharch with Firepike
3 Guardian Jetbikes | 1 Shuriken Cannon
3 Vipers | each with Shuriken Cannon, Starcannon
3 Vipers | each with Shuriken Cannon, Starcannon
Falcon | Shuriken Cannon, Pulse Laser, Starcannon

Deployment :
Type : 3rd one (Flank Attack? Not sure about the name since I left the rulebook back home), World Eaters won the roll for deployment.

Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar VsEldar1
WE:
i. Daemon Princes deployed separately out of Eldar LoS, just in case they successfully Seize the Initiative,
ii. Troops deployed as close as possible towards the objective, we are going to capture it early on.
iii. Predator deployed near the Ammunition Dump to benefit from the special rerolls.
iv. Terminators was put into Reserves.

Eldar:
i. Eldrad is deployed inside the Black Falcon while the other Farseer was deployed in the other Falcon nearby.
ii. Warp Spiders and both the Viper Squadrons was deployed within the Psychic Power bubble of both the spellcasters.
iii. The 3rd Falcon carries the Fire Dragons and was deployed a bit far to deny LoS from my Predators.
iv. All 3 Guardian Jetbikes units was put into Reserves.

TURN 1
Eldar failed to Seize the Initiative
WE:
i. Land Raider moved forward 6 inches, it's passengers (Berserkers 1) immediately disembarked into base contact with the Relic. Both Rhinoes cruises from it's left and right and Flat Out 6 inches both flat out another 6 inches in the shooting phase, blocking the Eldar's LoS to Berserkers 1. Hopefully they can stand long enough.
Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar VsEldar2
ii. Both Daemon Princes enters swooping mode and flew towards the centre.
iii. 1 Predator takes aim at the Viper Squadron 1, destroying a Starcannon. The other Predator on the other hand, managed to destroy 1 Viper from Viper Squadron 2.
iv. Land Raider targetted the black Falcon (before Rhino move in to block LoS) but failed to penetrate the armour.

Eldar
Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar VsEldar3
i. Both Farseer do their magic tricks, casting Guide and Fortuned to the Falcons and Vipers.
ii. Falcon 2 attempt to move on top of the Evergreen contena but was Immobilised due to dangerous terrain test (lose 1 Hull Points). It then takes aim at Rhino 2, destroying it with the Pulse Laser (1 casualy to Berserker 3). Eldar won the VP for First Blood.
iii. Now that Berserker 1 was exposed, Eldar concentrated their firepower to that unit, killing 6 of them including the Relic bearer.
iv. Falcon 3 attempted to shoot the black Daemon Prince down. It took 1 wound and passed the Grounded Test.

TURN 2
WE:
Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar VsEldar4
i. Khorne Terminators Deepstriked to the flank of Viper Squadron 1, take aim and fire, destroying all Vipers in a single shooting phase.
ii. Both Daemon Princes attempted to destroy the Warp Spiders with Vector Strike but killed only 2.
iii. Berserker unit 2 disembarked from their Rhino and moved into the large area terrain. Their Rhino moved backwards to provide cover from flank attack for Berserkers 3 that has just moved to claim the Relic.
iv. Predator 2 destroyed Falcon 3, killing 2 Fire Dragons in the explosion. The Fire Dragons failed both their Pinned and Morale Check and flee.
v. Land Raider again targetted Falcon 1, but fail to cause any damage.
vi. The 2 remaining Berserkers from unit 1 killed the remaining Warp Spiders in combat.

Eldar:
Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar VsEldar5
i. Fire Dragons rallied, but failed to kill anyone with Snap Shot.
ii. One Jetbike unit came in from reserves and shoot at Berserkers 3, killing 4 instantly. Then the Vipers Squadron 2 finish off the remaining 3 models from that unit. The Relic are again free for all.
iii. Eldrad disembarked from Falcon 1 and move forward.
iv. Falcon 1 and Falcon 2 killed 4 Berserkers from unit 2.

TURN 3
WE:
Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar VsEldar6
i. Everything moved in closer to their target.
ii. Both Predators targetted the Vipers but destroyed only one. The explosion killed one Berserker from unit 1, leaving the Skull Champion to continue the fight alone.
iii. Land Raider again failed to damage Falcon 1.
iv. Rhino moved closer from behind the large ruin and killed 1 biker with CombiMelta. The remaining bikers flee off table.
Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar VsEldar7
v. Then it was assault phase. Berserkers 2 assaulted the Fire Dragons, Black Prince assaulted Falcon 1, Warlord Prince assaulted Eldrad and the lone Skull Champion assaulted the last Viper.
vi. Black Prince destroyed the Falcon 1 with Hammer of Wrath, the explosion wounded the Prince and killed the lone Skull Champion before he can strike down the Viper. Berserkers 2 killed all Fire Dragons but the fight between the Warlords ended in a draw (all wounds were saved).

Eldar:
Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar VsEldar8
i. Jetbikes 2 and Jetbikes 3 came in from reserves. Together with Falcon 2 and the last Viper, they killed the black Prince.
ii. Eldrad managed to wound the Warlord Prince while taking none (fortuned 3++ is insanely good tonight)

TURN 4
WE:
-- forgot to take picture --
i. Terminators getting closer to Eldar line.
ii. Both Predators attempted to destroy the last Vipers, but every shot was saved (Double 6 on Jink Save!)
iii. Berserkers 2 makes a move towards the Objective, but they're taking the longer route circling the ruin for cover.
iv. Land Raider shoot at the last Falcon 2, reducing one more Hull Point.
v. Eldrad and DP continued.

Eldar:
Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar VsEldar9
i. 2 Jetbike Squad and Falcon 2 shoot at the coming Terminators, killing 2.
ii. Viper Stunned the Rhino (Now my Berserkers has to continue on foot!)
iii. Eldrad vs Prince continued

TURN 4
WE:
-- forgot to take picture --
i. Terminators getting closer to Eldar line.
ii. Both Predators attempted to destroy the last Vipers, but every shot was saved (Double 6 on Jink Save!)
iii. Berserkers 2 makes a move towards the Objective, but they're taking the longer route circling the ruin for cover.
iv. Land Raider shoot at the last Falcon 2, reducing one more Hull Point.
v. Eldrad and DP continued.

Eldar:
Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar VsEldar9
i. 2 Jetbike Squad and Falcon 2 shoot at the coming Terminators, killing 2.
ii. Viper Stunned the Rhino (Now my Berserkers has to continue on foot!)
iii. Eldrad and DP continued.

TURN 5
WE:
-- forgot to take pic --
i. It turned into a night fight! Damn! Now the pesky eldar skimmers got Stealth/Shrouded against shot from my Predators and LR. I tried to destroy the Viper but it saved it all with 3+ cover.
ii. Berserkers move closer to objective. In order to capture the objective next turn, They need to Run at least 2 inches but I rolled 1 (Why now! Laughing).
iii. The remaining Terminators assaulted 9 inches at Falcon 2 destroying it with the PowerAxes. The Farseer inside took a wound but was not Pinned.
iv. Eldrad and DP continued.

Eldar:
-- forgot to take pic --
i. Both Jetbikes moved 48 inches into my deployment zone for Linebreaker VP.
ii. The lone Viper shot down the remaining 2 Terminators.

TURN 6
WE:
-- forgot to take pic --
i. My Berserkers couldn't reach the objective, so they moved towards the Jetbikers instead. But the bikers are too far away for charging.
ii. Land Raider and Predator 1 try take down the Bikers with heavy guns but they saved it all.
iii. Predator 2 shot at the last Vipers but it was saved as well. Night fighting greatly helps the Eldar skimmers and Jetbikes.

Eldar:
Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar VsEldar10
i. The Jetbikes and Vipers focussed fire on the last 4 Berserkers, killing them all.

TURN 7
WE:
i. Land Raider, Rhino and Predator 1 shot at one Jetbike unit, killing one and they flee 14 inches.
ii. Predator 2 takes down the last Viper.

Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar VsEldar11

Eldar:
i. It was the final turn and the VP was WE 1 (Linebreaker) against Eldar 2 (First Blood + Linebreaker). It all depends on the outcome of the fight between Eldrad and my Warlord Prince.
Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar VsEldar12
ii. Eldrad was downed to one wound and my Daemon Prince still have 2 wounds to back him. If the Prince managed to kill Eldrad, WE will received 2 VP instantly and win the game.
iii. The Prince strike his big sword causing 5 Wounds, but Eldrad saved it all!! (Cursed the Fortuned!! Evil or Very Mad )
iv. In return, Eldrad poke his magical blade and hurt the DP twice, slaying the mighty Warlord and ended this epic Mano-O-mano fight that has went on for 10 CLose Combat rounds!!

GAME OVER
Eldar won by 3-0 with VPs from 2ndary objectives.

The game begin at 12.30 am and ended at 5.30am. It was a fun game indeed.
I truly enjoyed this one, and so was my opponent Din.

Hope you guys enjoyed the batrep Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6188

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:40 am

nice one AK. by the way, are you going to Forge today?
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5027

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:27 am

ONE
Hahaha!! Despite the grim casualties that my Eldar suffered in the game, I managed to eke out a minor victory (3-0? NICE!!) against the mighty WE!! Sorry that I had to represent majority of my units in this Bat-Rep Embarassed .

A big HUZZZAHHH for me dumping the accursed Imperial Eagle dice-set that I accidentally brought & buggered & hounded my 1st & 2nd turns of the game Mad Evil or Very Mad ! But once AK gave me the use of his old-red-squared dice set (which were my gift to him when he 1st started 40k years ago), then my luck had started to change hehehe!!

For those who think that AK's WE army is a sub-optimal list, let me assure you, it is an exceptionally well rounded list with good shooting capabilities, lots of armour, fast moving FMCs & good ol'-close combat madness!

TWO

Quote :
One Jetbike unit came in from reserves and shoot at Berserkers 3, killing 4 instantly. Then the Vipers Squadron 2 finish off the remaining 3 models from that unit. The Relic are again free for all.

Here was where AK did his classic failed-armour svs kahkahkaha!! The 3 GJBs somehow managed to cause 5 wounding hits from just 7 shots. What did he rolled? Tripple snake-eyes + a 2! Laughing Laughing

THREE

Quote :
Eldar:
-- forgot to take pic --
i. Both Jetbikes moved 48 inches into my deployment zone for Linebreaker VP.
ii. The lone Viper shot down the remaining 2 Terminators.

Here was where the last Vyper managed to deny AK his Linebreaker pt. Both of us didn't expect the Terminator unit to be destroyed cuz the Vyper only caused 1 AP2 wound & 1 AP5 wound. Statistically speaking, he should manage to save 1 of them Termies.

So I said to him, "Roll invul-sv 1st." He rolled a 4...

"Ok. Now roll your armour-sv." He rolled a 1...(face-palm!!)

Classic la AK Laughing !!

FOUR
If you read the report carefully, you'd notice that my some of my Vypers & Falcons survived a storm of Lascannon shots every single turn. Although its true sometimes AK didn't managed to penetrate their armour, more often than not, I rolled magnificently for my Jink svs. Fortune ROCKS man!!

FIVE

The GJBs were truely magnificent. Each unit consists of only 3 Guardians, but they packed quite a punch with reliable & accurate shuriken catapults. The Shuriken cannon helped a lot too, quite handy to take down low-armoured vehicles.

The best part is, they are super fast, at T4, 5+ jink-cover-sv, and have 3+ armour-sv!! Kadir was really surprised when hearing that last part cuz his DE Reaver J-bikers only have 5+ armour sv (though with 4+ cover-sv).

Since the 6th Ed pays dividend for having fast-moving scoring/denial units, I might have to put my Dire Avengers on a long vacation.

SIX

Eldrad..good ol' Eldrad..HE'S ONE MEAN BAD-ASS SUPER FARSEER!! That was the 2nd time I've used him aggressively by disembarking him in order to pull/divert the enemy big-boys to engage him in close combat. Fortune on 3+ invul-sv is insane!! Not to mention, even while engaged in melee, he's still able to influence the surrounding 24" (casting Doom on AK's last Berzerker unit).

Having a back-up Farseer helped Eldrad to maintain 5 spells for most of the game, but I wished I have another character, preferably one who could fulfill the close-combat aspect. Maybe a DE Archon?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:38 am

@Joe : thanks bro.. sorry for the late reply. But I just arrived from Melaka..

Quote :
Eldrad..good ol' Eldrad..HE'S ONE MEAN BAD-ASS SUPER FARSEER!!
Yup.. Eldrad is damn tough to beat. And he is scoring in this game. Imagine him getting the Relic hahaha.. there's no way I can contest it from him. Having him and the other Farseer around makes the Eldar 3 times better at doing their job.

Quote :
Here was where the last Vyper managed to deny AK his Linebreaker pt
I still have the Warlord Prince as Linebreaker. If he managed to kill Eldrad, the result would be 3-2 in my favour Laughing

One of the most important event in this game is on turn 3 when the Black Falcon exploded and killed my lone Skullchamp. Otherwise, 5xS6 AP2 should've been able to destroy the last Viper. That last Viper cost me greatly in the last few turn. Should have resolve his attacks before going for the rest.

On the Guardian Jetbikes, it is the best scoring for Eldar in Relic mission. Move 12, grab the relic, then flee 2d6 (6 inch max) during shooting phase. Now I might consider them in my DE list Smile

Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5368

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 7:41 am

i seriously need to give a go with you WE bro.. awesome fight... but funny... reading reading.. fealt like WE was winning.. but Eldar did.. the eldar out smart you this time huh!
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:01 am

On hindsight, with 1 unit secured my Linebreaker VP, i might as well tried using 1 unit to grab the Relic instead. I forgot that I went 2nd.. Razz
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

Honor Points : 4670

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:24 am

Nice stuff Kadir...

Labeling the stuff in the pictures were nice. Well done...

Must have a go against ur WE again... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5272

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:01 am

oooh
evil eldar are playable... Very Happy Yes, I see a future in guardian jetbikes hahaha
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:52 pm

@Din : I pray you'd forget about capturing the Relic.. and my prayers were answered hahaha

@Diff : Should've been more cautious around the pointyheads. Guide, Doom and Fortuned is truly the best spells for Eldar. Taking Eldrad for example, my Warlord Prince dealt him more than 40 wounds throughout the 10 close combat rounds. He failed twice only!! Gila!!

@Blee : Thanks mate.. Next time we meet, it will most probably be the new WE Legion Twisted Evil

@Dann : Eldar with 3+ saves, can move up to 48 inches and Shoot S6 weapons!! What's not to like about it?!
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5272

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:59 pm

LordAK wrote:

@Dann : Eldar with 3+ saves, can move up to 48 inches and Shoot S6 weapons!! What's not to like about it?!

BS3 and Ld8. Other than that, I really like them. I only have to consider getting a Warlock with Embolden so they won't run away so fast off the table.

Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:04 pm

Quote :
BS3 and Ld8.
All Eldar troops are BS3 isit? (except Dire Avengers of course)
Ld8 is okay what.. It's the same as our Reaver Jetbikes!
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Quote :
LordAK wrote:

BS3 and Ld8. Other than that, I really like them. I only have to consider getting a Warlock with Embolden so they won't run away so fast off the table.

Dude, the GJBs have T/L Shuriken Catapults la..that's 75% chances to hit your target! About Ld8, that's just average. That's why I'm taking Avatar so that any runaway bikers will auto rally when they get into his 12" radius.

I wouldn't get the Warlock-J/biker, prefer just to keep the GJB unit cheap. Warlock-J/biker with Embolden can give you 2 more GJBs! Cheap is good!!

Seriously, they are the reasons why I'm breaking away from my Din's Approach. I'm definitely taking minimum of 3 units of these GJBs!!

@AK: All aspect warriors (e.g. W-Spiders, Firedragons, Striking Scorpions..etc) are BS4 minimum.

Guardians based units are at BS3 (e.g. GJBs, Storm Guardians, Support Weapon Battery, all Eldar vehicles...etc..)

Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5368

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:33 am

LordAK wrote:
Quote :
BS3 and Ld8.
All Eldar troops are BS3 isit? (except Dire Avengers of course)
Ld8 is okay what.. It's the same as our Reaver Jetbikes!

ok la tu my Grey hunters pun ld 8 what.. sama dengan marine.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:19 am

I think it about time I pit my WE against the 13th Company. Can be a good practice before I face the real Wolf Lord of Malaysian Sector Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar   Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar Empty

Back to top Go down

Batrep : World Eaters vs Eldar
Page 1 of 1