Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!

Go down 
+8
dif2find
shaun
Dr-DOOOM!!!
CikguDin
dann.toh
Paxter
AznJake
LordAK
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5160

The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Can still make it ally, just take Karandras instead of Illic, & add a sqd of Scorpions. 

If u get to go 2nd, then u can still charge after the opponent's make his 1st turn move (provided that you managed to deploy them 12" away la).  

Another interesting HQ is Autarch with Shard of Anaris, Banshee Mask & J/Bike - go hunt some MCs/Characters. Most Characters/MCs now do not have EW, so they either make their sv or die. Instant Death means they cannot make FnP rolls as well.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6601

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 11:27 am

I look through the rulebook and cant find the asterisk mentioned. So I text Dann to check and he then realized that it was the 5th Ed Rulebook he was looking at! Laughing Laughing 

So back to the Infiltrate Special rules. Does IC confers that ability to his unit? I'd say YES, and this is the source for my answer:
Quote :
40k Rulebook/ Page 39/ INDEPENDENT CHARACTER/ Special Rules :
When and IC joins a unit, it might have different Special Rules from those of the unit. Unless specified in the rule itself (as in the Stubborn Special Rule), the unit's special rules are not confered upon the IC, and IC's special rules are not confered upon the unit. ...

So I check the Stubborn Special Rules and it says:
Quote :
40k Rulebook/ Page 43/ Stubborn:
When a unit that contains at least one model with this special rule takes Morale or Pinning ...bla..bla...bla...

Then I crosscheck with Infiltrate Special Rules:
Quote :
40k Rulebook/ Page 38/ Infiltrate :
Units that contains at least one model with this special rule are deployed last, ...bla... bla.. bla...

It is EXACTLY THE SAME!! So like Stubborn, the ability does confer to the unit. The only exception is:
Quote :
 An IC without Infiltrate special rule cannot join a unit of infiltrators during deployment.

So it goes back to my example earlier:
Illic + DE Warriors = YES
Illic + DE Warriors + Sliscuss + Haemonculus = NO. Sliscuss + Haemo cannot join the group.
Illic + Sliscuss = NO

Some more example :
Illic + Wraithguards = YES
Illic + Wraithguards + Warlock = YES
Illic + Wraithguards + Spirit Seer = NO

So my answer is YES, ICs do confers Infiltrate to his unit. But they can't be join by non-infiltrating IC.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Hahaha...nice, nice!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:06 am

1st playtest is halfway through already. It is against my World Eaters. Illic infiltrate with a bunch of Trueborn.

What happened?
i. WE seize initiative and move forward 18 inches (LR + 2 Rhinoes). Predators killed 10 DE Warriors in a single shooting phase. Damn! Should have put Illic there for 2+ cover;
ii. 9 Dark Lance + 2 Heavy Wraithcannon failed to destroy the LR. It suffered only 1 Weapon Destroyed and 1 glance. Lucky Illic later managed to Immobilise it with his D weapon;
iii. Hadesdrake comes in, took out a 2 Venom, 1 with Vector Strike and another with the HadesCannon;
iv. Predators + Hellbrute took out the Wyches Raider and wipeout all 16 Wyches;
v. 2x8 Berserkers and Khorne Terminators disembark 6 inches and ran into large ruin where DE Warriors make their camp on the 2nd and 3rd Floor. They are within distance for Turn 3 assault.
vi. Crimson Hunter Exharch comes in towards the Hades Drake. Lucky I upgrade to Exarch otherwise got only 2 hits. Awesome Skyhunter rules easily took out the Hadesdrake.
vii. 6 Dark Lance shots finally take out the Land Raider. Wraithknight destroyed one Predator.

Sliscuss' unit hadn't shoot at all this turn. Damn Ravagers and Wraithknight failed in their task.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:38 am

Itu W-Knights mesti mau main aggressively punya. Itu LR sudah dtg depan, W-Knight pergi shoot & assault la.

Tapi kan, kalau 9 darklances & 2 heavy w-cannon shots x dpt bunuh itu LR, your rolls memang teruk gila lah.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:23 am

I thought can destroy already so stay put lah. Suddenly thing happen like that tak boleh buat apa lah.

9 Dark Lance + 2 Wraithcannon shots - only 1 miss, but roll badly for pen hahah.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:29 am

New 2k list after the beating by my WE. Maybe I've lost the hang of DE already. Need to practice more.

The Vect
- 9 Incubi | 1 Incubus
- Dias of Destruction

3 Trueborn - 2 Splinter Cannons
- Venom - 2 Splinter Cannons
3 Trueborn - 2 Splinter Cannons
- Venom - 2 Splinter Cannons

5 DE Warriors - Blaster
- Raider with Dark Lance
5 DE Warriors - Blaster
- Raider with Dark Lance
5 DE Warriors - Blaster
- Raider with Dark Lance
5 DE Warriors - Blaster
- Raider with Dark Lance

3 Reaver Jetbikes - Blaster
3 Reaver Jetbikes - Blaster
3 Reaver Jetbikes - Heat Lance

Ravager - Dark Lances, Night Shield
Ravager - Dark Lances, Night Shield
VoidRaven Bomber - Flicker
Total: 2k

I wanna try the Vect mainly for two reasons :
i. Seize on 4+ : DE must always go 1st. They hit very hard but also very bad at taking hits. So this is a great ability to reduce the chances of losing from going 2nd.
ii. Dias of Destruction : Sounds intimidating. But how would it perform on table? If it able to sent the Vect and his Incubi retinues across the board safely, then I might staple it to my list.

As for the icing, he has Preferred Enemy and a AP3 blast at BS8. That could be handy Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6321

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:53 am

should make it 1850pts since everyone playing that now.

you coming to HF tomorrow to test list? Smile
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5504

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:27 am

I like your new list. Cantik
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6309

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:35 am

wah VECT! and 9 incubi! that will be awesome to watch!
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5405

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:45 am

Nice! I'd love a go at this!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:06 am

Thanks.. Smile. My DE hasn't been seeing real action far too long already. The last time they raid HF was last year against Shaun and suffer quite a defeat.

@Joe : For 1850. I plan to drop the Reaver Jetbikes and take 1 Haemonculus with Webway Portal. Summore the Incubus will have a Demiklaive to play with.

And yes.. I plan to visit Legio on both days. This weekend is just so rare hahaha.. Hopefully can grab 4 games total this week, including a grudge match against Shaun.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:25 am

so i bring your bloodletters?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:31 am

Yes.. bring it.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5504

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:34 am

Ni kena lawan craft world brethren nih ...
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:09 am

I wanna hobby tonight also. But already promised my kids to take them see the wonderful colourful boats at Putrajaya lake Smile

The Vect+Incubi is good. But good opponent always know how to play against their weakness. How I wish one grenade benefits all. At least the Vect has 7 attacks on the charge. Supported by his Prefered Enemy, hopefully he can take out at least 5 of the enemy. That would greatly reduce the number of hits coming before I1.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:28 am

Normal Lord boleh ambil Plasma Grenade Launcher kan? - boleh affect the whole unit. Infact, itu Incubus pun boleh ambik apa!
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5405

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:37 am

incubus cannot take leh...
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4808

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Haha suddenly become grudge match already. Saturday right? I'll try to be there when it opens so just wait for you when you datang lar.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:55 pm

shaun! i haven't play against you the last time you came back. better play with me tomolo lor! Smile
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Your army too cheesy lar I don't know how to fight Razz but I am up for a game haha.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:16 pm

no worries. i play the toned down wan. 12pm tomolo? Smile
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:22 pm

Haha kena pity. No problem.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:06 pm

Joe.. wait for your turn! I have a year old grudge to settle with the Dark Angels Mad
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:17 pm

First comes first served.Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next