Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Farsight Enclave V2

Go down 
+3
LordAK
spunkybass
Paxter
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6174

Farsight Enclave V2 Empty
PostSubject: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:54 am

Gonna consolidate my Farsight Tau to one page.

Reading up the Farsight codex really does give you a new perspective to the tau Empire. Especially how the ethereal treat the tau commanders. We are basically pawns to them, getting lobotomised once we serve their purpose which explains why all of puretides disciples are in stasis and they only release two so far Shadowsun (who is a real bitch) and Farsight. Even then once they serve their campaign they are put back into sleep. Reason? so that the firewarriors do not rise against the leadership of the Ethereal's. I love how the dex explains how the enclave got hands on the new riptide suits and tech. Basically they get it from a young female tau commander Torchstar and some of the tau kor'vattra fleet defected under the protection of aun'shi to aid the Enclave with new tech and materials. The Empire is starting to crack :PBut the funny thing is apart from some pissed off ethereal's and shadowsun it would be unthinkable for the tau to return back to the dark days of all out civil war.  

Anyway, Fluff aside the Farsight army is going to be quite fun to play. An Elite rag tag rebellion of fighters protecting their enclave at all cost. I kinda learn a few things today too Twin link weapons are fired as one and for the tau I get to fire a second weapon too meaning fire twinlink flamers + fusion gun.

The list
Commander Redstorm arrived with Commander Torchstar Bringing his Cadre "Hunters of Vior'la" to aid Commander Farsight with the defence of the enclaves. Redstorm was supposed to surrender his arms and himself to the high council to be discharge from service. He refused the order knowingly what will happened to him. to disband his Cadre and join Torchstar in her bid to defect to the enclave.

The list is very up close and personal, I did that on purpose to reflect how the warriors of the enclave fight. I would not underestimate their firepower tho. The commanders retinue, outputs 32 burst cannon shots and 4 more  pinning shots, and 4 markerlights at BS5. The two other crisis suit units, have either 4 flamers + 2 fusion or 4 fusion 2 flamers. Very Happy

they all have hit and run. I did that because of fluff, The armies of farsight are close up and personal, they tend to use a lot of hit and run tactics. Although their stats are not very good for hit and run tactics - initiative 3 or 2 so thats on a 4+ for the commander and 5+ on the crisis suits. I have also added a firewarrior squad for aesthetics although kroot are better for objective camping.

I hope this sticking to fluff will give me some good returns Very Happy

Gonna experiment with a 3rd riptide cause with the addition of the earth caste pilot the nova engine is a bit more reliable (reroll nova) and he reroll to hit of 1s which is great cause previously you will suffer gets hot. with 2 marker lights he will hit on 2+ reroll 1s and output 12 S6 Rending shots.

1850 Pts - Codex: Farsight Enclave

HQ: Commander RedStorm + Burst Cannon x2 + Vectored Retro-Thrusters + Drone Controller + Marker Drone x2
HQ: Sub-Commander Raven + Drone Controller + Talisman of Arthur Moloch

Elite: XV104 Riptide + Ion Accelerator + Twinlink Fusion Blaster + Early Warning Override + Velocity Tracker
Elite: XV104 Riptide + Ion Accelerator + Twinlink Fusion Blaster + Early Warning Override + Velocity Tracker
Elite: XV104 Riptide + Heavy burst cannon + Smart missile system + Earthcaste Pilot

Troops: XV8 Crisis Team x3 + Burst Cannon x6 + Bonding Knife Ritual + Gun Drone x2 + Marker Drone x2
Troops: XV8 Crisis Team x3 + Fusion Blaster x4 + Flamer x4 + Bonding Knife Ritual + Vectored Retro-Thrusters
Troops: XV8 Crisis Team x3 + Fusion Blaster x4 + Flamer x4 + Bonding Knife Ritual + Vectored Retro-Thrusters
Troops: Kroot Carnivore Squad x10

Fast Attack: Tetra Scout Vehicle x2
Fast Attack: Markerlight Drone x8

Heavy Support: Sky Ray Missile Defence Gunship + Smart missile system + Seeker Missiles x6

Last edited by Paxter on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:57 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:31 am

Lan I itch to fight ya this friday. Making my schedule empty for our clash - you can game tak this week?
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5369

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 am

Yes, I'll be gaming. With my super-fast Guardians. If I can paint my new jetbike squad in time, I'll field a windrider list. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 11:55 am

Very Happy Gonna be fun. Gonna be quite an experience to fight off the eldar close and personal.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:46 pm

Look at your list.. I pening sudah satu apa tak paham hahaha..
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Lol. Actually I've never really understood the Tau ever since they came out. Too much stuff. Just kill 'em all!!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:19 am

Its just lots n lots of guns Razz

There is 70 s5 shots, 2 large blast ap1 s9 or 6 s7 ap3 skyfire / interceptor, 12 s6 rending, 6 s8 homing skyfire, 8 meltas, 8 flamers, 18 markerlight 12 of em bs5 4 are twin link 2 are skyfire.

The list is not as bad as the old non farsight one at least lan dont need to face 26 s7 missiles...
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 5:34 am

Laughing .. Scary!!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 6:00 am

no lah... I need to get so close to be effective... ITs going to be very different tau that what I normally play Very Happy We will see tomorrow. Have not game for almost a month Sad
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:26 am

Finally started painting again. The baby has taken a lot of my time this last few months. With the tourney coming soon. I best get started. This is the first batch of 10 kroot I am painting. Will take a picture of the whole army and the insane work that needs to be done over the next few months.

Farsight Enclave V2 1150361_10151622903174582_2031112399_n
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Finally assembled and prep the army for tourney. Locking down most parts with a few options of a good switcharoo with a second list if I need it. I like the sky ray at the moment. I am a bit of an odd one compared to my fellow tau commanders, but I think in terms of value its really good. The Lists does rely on deepstriking and alpha strike or if I go second keeping almost everything In reserve and Beta strike! N lots of hit and run tactics keeping my suits jumping in and out of cover.

OPTION 1
HQ: Commander + Plasma Rifle x2 + Drone Controller + Puretide Engram Neurochip + Advanced Targeting System + Marker Drone x2
HQ: Cadre Fireblade + markerlight + split fire(farsight)

Elite: XV104 Riptide + Ion Accelerator + Early Warning Override + Velocity Tracker
Elite: XV104 Riptide + Ion Accelerator + Early Warning Override + Velocity Tracker
Elite: XV8 Crisis Team x3 + Burst Cannon x6 + Marker Drone x4

Troops: Fire Warrior Team x12
Troops: Kroot Carnivore Squad x10 + Sniper Rounds
Troops: XV8 Crisis Team (farsight) + Fusion Blaster x3 + Twin Linked Missile Pod x3 + Bonding Knife Ritual
Troops: XV8 Crisis Team (farsight) + Fusion Blaster x3 + Twin Linked Missile Pod x3 + Bonding Knife Ritual

Fast Attack: Pathfinder Team x6
Fast Attack: Tetra Scout Speeder Team (farsight) x2

Heavy Support: Sky Ray Missile Defence Gunship + Blacksun Filter

Total 1849pts

OPTION 2
HQ: Commander + Plasma Rifle x2 + Drone Controller + Puretide Engram Neurochip + Advanced Targeting System + Marker Drone x2
HQ: Cadre Fireblade + markerlight + split fire

Elite: XV8 Crisis Team x3 + Plasma Rifle x6 + Marker Drone x2

Troops: Fire Warrior Team x11 + Devilfish

Fast Attack: Tetra Scout Speeder Team (farsight) x2

Heavy Support: XV88 Broadsides + Twinlink High Yield Missile Pods + SMS + Seeker Missiles x3 + Early Warning Override

Total 1850pts
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Cool! You do realize that you can only keep half your army in reserve right? Anyways when I get back my Wind Riders would like to have a crack at these young upstarts!
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4673

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:29 pm

I like Option 2 better cause...Broadsides you know. Cant say much more than that haha. You might want to try getting some Fusion Blasters in there in case you see AV14. I know the Riptides can kill AV14 but you need to Nova Charge it first which is...unreliable sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Yea my everything is my key units lol
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Yea I notice too im short of fusion guns which is why I prefer option 1 we will see which works better
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5366

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:12 am

nice list pax specially the second one
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:22 pm

I am looking forward to this friday! I seriously need some games after all this rays. Will be using this list hopefully it will be good as i think it would.

V.2
HQ(FS): Commander + Missile Pod x2 + Drone Controller + Target Lock + Warlord

Elite(FS): XV104 Riptide + Ion Accelerator + Early Warning Override + Velocity Tracker + Twin Linked Fusion Blaster
Elite(FS): XV104 Riptide + Ion Accelerator + Early Warning Override + Velocity Tracker + Twin Linked Fusion Blaster

Troops(FS): XV8 Crisis Team x3 + Plasma Rifle x6 + Vectored Retro-Thrusters + Bonding Knife Ritual
Troops(FS): XV8 Crisis Team x2 + Missile Pod x1 + Twin Linked Fusion Blaster x1 + Fusion Blaster x1 + Twin Linked Missile Pod x1 + Bonding Knife Ritual
Troops(FS): XV8 Crisis Team x2 + Missile Pod x1 + Twin Linked Fusion Blaster x1 + Fusion Blaster x1 + Twin Linked Missile Pod x1 + Bonding Knife Ritual
Troops(FS): Kroot Carnivore Squad x10
Troops(FS): Kroot Carnivore Squad x10

Fast Attack(FS): Drone Squadron x5
Fast Attack(FS): Pathfinder Team x5 + Bonding Knife Ritual

Heavy Support(FS): Sky Ray Missile Defence Gunship + Seekers Missile x6 + SMS + Blacksun Filter

Allies
HQ(T)): Commander + Plasma Rifle x2 + Vectored Retro-Thrusters + Puretide Engram Neurochip
Troops(T): Kroot Carnivore Squad x10 + Sniper Rounds
Fast Attack(T): Pathfinder Team x5
Heavy Support(T): XV88 Broadside Team x3 + Seeker Missile x2 + Early Warning Override + Missile Drone x4

My hidden card is to use a third earth caste Riptide with a HBC. by throwing out the kroot + snipers + x1 of the anti tank crisis teams + removing the missiles and Targeting system on the commander replacing with x2 flamers. But Do you think its viable?

Last edited by Paxter on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Would love to take you on. But will only be back next Monday. I'll see you next Friday
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:45 pm

If you are gonna do that I suggest that the 2 Flamers go to the Crisis and the Missiles and Fusions go to the Commander cause you still get to use the BS5 on him for those and you lose nothing when you give the Crisis the 2 Flamers cause he is just BS3. It could be viable but that depends on how you play it too. Good luck man.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:59 am

true, but I dunno bout buying a third riptide and playing it seems quite excessive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Well if you ever overcharge and Overheat you might think otherwise haha. Besides no such thing as Overkill in 40k Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:42 am

I would only use a Riptide with a Heavy burst cannon if I use farsight cause of the upgrade they can get the earth caste pilot.

you reroll all 1s in shooting and also reroll nova engine Very Happy, so you put some markerlights say like 2 for him then you roll 12 s6 rending BS5 reroll 1 Razz
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:42 am

Haha yea I know about the Earth Caste Pilot and him giving Nova rerolls but I didn't know he gave rerolls to shooting on 1's. That's really violent with 2 lights only. Overkill add 2 more to ignore cover!!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:43 pm

After the last game I realize I need to downsize the army to allow me to quickly finish my turn during the tourney. So I did some adjustments to match the army. Its still a farsight army with tau empire allied for cost saving purposes. But I have drop my meat shields for a fairly compact but very deadly army. Depending on the situation I can either attach my commander with my drone squad or the Crisis missile team. The dual fusion carrying crisis team will help me crack open high AV weapons as I do not want to rely on just the riptide. There is a new riptide joining his brothers, he Is super expansive costing 250points but He has interceptor, reroll nova engine, reroll all to hit of 1, and 12 S6 rending shots, and twinlink SMS just in case.

I added target locks to avoid overkill and after seeing Joe using it to good use I wanna do the same! Razz

HQ: Commander + Missile Pod x2 + Drone Controller + Target Lock

Elite: XV104 Riptide + Early Warning Override + Earth caste Pilot + Heavy burst cannon + Stimulant Injector + Twin Link SMS
Elite: XV104 Riptide + Ion Accelerator + Early Warning Override + Velocity Tracker + Twin linked Fusion Blaster
Elite: XV104 Riptide + Ion Accelerator + Early Warning Override + Velocity Tracker + Twin linked Fusion Blaster

Troops: XV8 Crisis Team x3 + Missile Pod x6 + Target Lock x2 + Bonding Knife Ritual + Gun Drone x4
Troops: XV8 Crisis Team x2 + Fusion Blaster x4 + Bonding Knife Ritual
Troops: XV8 Crisis Team x2 + Fusion Blaster x4 + Bonding Knife Ritual

Fast Attack: Pathfinder Team x5 + Bonding Knife Ritual
Fast Attack: Drone Squadron x5

Allied Tau empire

HQ: Cadre Fireblade

Troops: Fire Warrior Team x12

Fast Attack: Pathfinder Team x5

Heavy Support: XV88 Broadside Team x3 + Seeker Missile x3 + Missile Drone x4
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 pm

So had an awesome game vs Dann D eldar. Dann conceded in turn 5, i lost one kroot unit but everything else held to the end. I must give thanks to Dann as he gave me two ideas for my tau which contribute greatly to tabling him lol. Again two games in the row someone seize the initiative!

The fire blade unit was deadly! firing 22 s5 shots at 30" was really awesome. Forcing him to take notice of that unit n they were sturdy too at Ld 10 they held their ground till the end.

The earth caste riptide was the MVP it killed 4 grotesque in turn 1, finishing off the grotesque in turn 2, 8 wracks in turn 3 wiping it, 10 scourges in turn 4 wiping it, and if we played turn 5 it would hv wiped his last 10 men warrior unit at the back. Shooting 12 s6 rending and 4 sms shots, with marker light support gave it BS5 ignore cover, reroll 1s n reroll riptide engine...

The other two riptides were doing badly by turn 5 the first one had two wounds left the other had 3 wounds left.... All by failing their overcharge. So they did not took a single wound frm the enemy...

However I think I will still play them n not make two earth caste riptides, cause those ion guns allow me to hit anything on the table with LOS to it. Not to mention my main anti air anti deep strike units. They again shot down a flyer as soon as it entered the table.

Now my tau score card Tally at 11 wins, 2 losses, 2 draws.

Last edited by Paxter on Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farsight Enclave V2   Farsight Enclave V2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Farsight Enclave V2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next