Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cadre of the Red Tide

Go down 
+5
sundalbolong
dif2find
LordAK
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Paxter
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6349

Cadre of the Red Tide Empty
PostSubject: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 10:14 am

Making space for the R'varna Battlesuit. That just arrived from the earth caste, Cant wait to build it and play it for the first time!

link to its rules on FW site

+++ Cadre of the Red Tide (1850pts) +++

Tau Empire 6th Ed (2013) (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ +

* Cadre Fireblade
       Markerlight, Photon grenades, Pulse rifle

* Commander
       Crisis battlesuit, Drone controller, Early warning override, Neuroweb System Jammer, 2x Plasma rifle, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Onager Gauntlet
       * XV84 battlesuit [FW]
           Networked markerlight, Target lock

+ Elites +

* XV104 Riptide
       Early warning override, Ion accelerator, Twin-linked smart missile system, Velocity tracker

* XV104 Riptide
       Early warning override, Ion accelerator, Twin-linked smart missile system, Velocity tracker

+ Troops +

* Fire Warrior Team
       12x Fire Warrior Shas'la with pulse rifle, Photon grenades

* Fire Warrior Team
       12x Fire Warrior Shas'la with pulse rifle, Photon grenades

+ Fast Attack +

* Pathfinder Team
       Photon grenades
       * 8x Pathfinder Shas'la
           8x Pulse carbine with Markerlight

* Pathfinder Team
       Photon grenades
       * 8x Pathfinder Shas'la
           8x Pulse carbine with Markerlight

+ Heavy Support +

* Sky Ray Missile Defense Gunship
       Disruption pod, 2x Networked markerlight, 6x Seeker missile, Sensor spines, Twin-linked smart missile system, Velocity tracker

* Sky Ray Missile Defense Gunship
       Disruption pod, 2x Networked markerlight, 6x Seeker missile, Sensor spines, Twin-linked smart missile system, Velocity tracker

* XV107 R'Varna
       2x Phase Submunition Cannons + Target Lock + Early warning override

Tau Empire: Farsight Enclaves (2013) (Allied Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ +

* Cadre Fireblade
       Markerlight, Photon grenades, Pulse rifle

+ Troops +

* XV8 Crisis Team x3 (compulsory)
       Bonding Knife Ritual, Early warning override, 2x Fusion blaster, 2x Plasma rifle

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6361

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 10:27 am

is experimental rule la. don't think is fair for normal game unless your opponent is ready to get some ass whooping la. Smile

by the way, this fella has been branded as the most broken unit in the game. Smile
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2013/11/40k-deep-thought-that-unit-is-broken.html

Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 10:30 am

question blast templates cant target flyers right? cause in the rules it specifically says FMC = 3 wounds for each blast on them... weapon wise its a burst weapon meaning it burst in mid air and cluster fire the crap out the opponent...
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 10:30 am

dun care nak try Razz but that post is a bit of an exaggeration tho. N its not for tourney just for fun for tourney the rvarna is a full 3 men broadside team with 6 missile drones.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6641

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 11:54 am

It can affect FMC when they are on the ground or is in gliding mode. Swooping is still the safest way for monsters to travel.

Seriously.. The experimental rules for it are damn strong.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:22 pm

yea they will tone it down for sure but I love mecha!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:23 pm

about swooping you need to opt to glide to charge right you cant swoop and then charge yes?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Yep..
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5541

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 4:59 am

the experimental rules is madness. he can take lots of shooting and still stand.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 5:27 am

no la pls bare in mind each turn you could cause a wound on yourself too. And from my experience I usually lose one or two wounds thru that. Also this guy cannot jump away like my other riptides which means he can do the infamous Jump shoot Jump move which keeps my riptides in the game.

Nway he isn't that different from a normal riptide. From what I read from ATT (advance tau tactica) forum it has a mix review on the big guy. + deepstriking full grav gun marines, flying 2++ inv deamons, 5-6 FMC, JaW and many more will insta kill this guy
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 5:44 am

All it need is a single failed grounding test, and then R'varna will kill a FMC in a single shooting. And Tau has lots of stuffs that can bring down FMCs.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 6:08 am

Yup. Ultimately broken. Period. Razz

Might want to give your opponent 250pts more to balance things out.
Smile

But I would like to take it on fair and square. If I can beat your army, the victory is much sweeter. Smile
Back to top Go down
sundalbolong
Recruit
Recruit
sundalbolong

Honor Points : 4675

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 6:10 am

Quote :
XV107 R'Varna
wah u ada ni model ka?
Back to top Go down
http://xtype74.blogspot.com/
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 6:26 am

A. Its not a offical unit thus you wont need to worry so much for tourney. Wont disrupt any meta
B. You dont have to play against me bros. I bought it for the model, sucks that the rules are so scary.
C. I dont need this to win. Its for fun.
Back to top Go down
sundalbolong
Recruit
Recruit
sundalbolong

Honor Points : 4675

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 6:36 am

str 6 ap3 large blast saja ingat ap1
Back to top Go down
http://xtype74.blogspot.com/
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5445

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 6:49 am

Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:

Smile

But I would like to take it on fair and square. If I can beat your army, the victory is much sweeter. Smile
puh lease Joe, broken is your middle name.
any opponent playing u should get 250pts extra.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:17 am

The fact that it can shoot 4 large blast s6+ AP3 that cause multiple wounds to bulky++ models and possibly ignores cover as well makes it real scary..

The damage output can easily equal to 4 Riptides..
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 5144

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:28 am

if its so scary, then the only solution is find another player to game with.. its not like pax is putting a gun and forcing u guys to play with him.

Rolling Eyes 

at the end of the day, please remember this is just a game and we all just wanna have fun. all this hate on an awesome model is really unnecessary..
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:53 am

Nobody attacks Paxter or the model or his list.. Me myself are just stating the fact about it.

Why take it negatively?
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:29 am

its cool lah.

Anyway Vs the tau kill their support units. They can have the most amazing gun but trust me with out support it wont hit shit. Its the support units that make them more potent. Every game I lost they target my HQ drone commander, and the markerlight sources first before dispatching the rest of the cadre.

One thing I learn about the tau you cant weapon stats = kills.. yes the fire warrior is basically holding a heavy bolter but it shoots like a Guard and it hits like a grot (grots are better) its a lot more variables like wargear and crossing support from one unit to another that needs to happen to make them work + Vs many armies the tau must cause punishing pain for the first two critical turns. If they cant the army will fold very quickly. I cant think of another army apart from the DE that must preform surgically well that first two turns to = a win.

I seriously doubt it will survive that crazy math bols said 50+ lascannons 60+ plasma? memang tak la..

Once It is at 2-3 wounds It is too much of a risk to overcharge your gun anyway, so realistically it can only keep overcharging the first two turns, if its being harassed every turn. Ive down two dreadknights in one turn of poison fire, The marines can drop pod right in front of it risking the riptide and the rest of the cadre from scatter at BS3 and they can pack a lot of grav guns, Also if you charge it, the thing cannot fire back as it only has blast weapons.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:12 am

also urm considering so many armour 2+ around I rather have the normal riptide.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:14 am

dann.toh wrote:
Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:

Smile

puh lease Joe, broken is your middle name.
any opponent playing u should get 250pts extra.

If you want that extra 250pts so much, I don't mind yo. Love challenges! Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:14 am

Dealing with it is the same as we deal with Riptide.

And the weapon is just AP3 so Centurion Devs with Gravcannon still has the better against r'varna. Not to mention has to scatter. I made mistake saying it is = 4 riptide. More like 4 heldrake.

Now the difficult part is to deal with it and 2 Riptide at the same time. The best way I see is 2 Runepriest casting JoWW coming by Drop Pod.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:07 am

yea I have lost both riptides and some of my broadsides from one JoWW.

anyway working on the big guy now since my boss is away ^^
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:19 am

Even JoWW is 50-50 since Riptide only failed on 4+, still better than nothing lah..

Who's SW was that? Syamel?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cadre of the Red Tide   Cadre of the Red Tide Empty

Back to top Go down

Cadre of the Red Tide
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next