Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!

Go down 
+8
dif2find
shaun
Dr-DOOOM!!!
CikguDin
dann.toh
Paxter
AznJake
LordAK
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5270

The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:33 am

bingo, lord ak!

beat me to answering hahaha
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6186

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:19 am

I have enough Dark Lance around the army.
Needed the heat lance to confirm kill a raider sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:38 am

I think my Nids cannot survive against this list. Not sure is there a good match up for Nids against DE.
Maybe horde nids.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 am

not really handicapped.

rmbr alvin's DE? not too many problems for my nids Very Happy

have to try against lord ak's though.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:40 am

yours got horde element in it mar. Mine tak ada. lol
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:53 am

my hordes mean nothing to DE la. So far against Alvin, my hordes never really reach CC range either... only my gargoyles ever got HTH action.

What wins the day are the Tyrannofex and Hive guards.

Once the armour is down, everything gets easier.

Just need to rmbr that a Mycetic Spore is an MC...
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:57 am

haha... my list has min hive guards and no tyrannofex. die la against AK's DE. Smile
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5366

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 am

who say die .... you have always survived in most of the game what.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:46 am

this is lord AK we are talking about. second only to the cheeze god cikgu din.

Cheese God: CikguDin
Cheese King: LordAK
Cheese Lords: Most of the seasoned players are in this category. (Alvin, Dann, Lan, u, me, etc...)
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:51 am

hahahaha... i agree one the first one... very true. Laughing
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4673

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:20 pm

I think with your luck Lord AK you would need the AP1 at least a few times. Hahaha. A DE army without enough Dark Lance to kill Stormravens? Are you sure you playing DE man?

Jo when did you get demoted to cheese lord? You should be cheese king at least. Lol
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4777

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Since Joe=Cheese, this was how I read this..
Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:
Joe God: CikguDin
Joe King: LordAK
Joe Lords: Most of the seasoned players are in this category. (Alvin, Dann, Lan, u, me, etc...)

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:12 pm

@Shaun : it took me 12 dark matter shots to bring down one Storm Raven in the previous game. When the 2nd Storm Raven came in from reserve, it took me another 3 turns of shooting to finally bring it down. WTH?!? Storm Raven sucks!

@Joe : on paper, my DE will definitely own your Tyranids. But anything can happen on table. Especially against one at your level. Nevermind, your Nidz can fight my Necrons lah. Then both parties has good chance to win Smile

@Vuel : Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote :
Joe God: CikguDin
Joe King: LordAK
Joe Lords: Most of the seasoned players are in this category. (Alvin, Dann, Lan, u, me, etc...

Joe King.. hahaha.. I know I'm good Twisted Evil But seriously, can someone who won himself the bottom place at MaGaCon Mayhem be ranked Joe King? Rolling Eyes

As for the list, I'm playtesting it against my Necrons. The Necrons are having real hard time due to bad armour/invul saves. As for the Razorwing, it has just wipedout a unit of 10 Immortals with 4 Monoscythe Missiles. Not bad lah kan.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:06 am

I still wanna fight your DE! Smile

Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5025

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:42 am

Wei..wei..aku pulak yang terkena? afro
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:45 am

@Joe : looking forward to it..

The result of my playtest is here. It is a KP game and as we all know, hurts DE very much. The Sun Pirates completely dominated the game, but in the end, DE still lost by 9 - 7 = 2 KPs. What's left for the Necrons was Zahndrekh, his Lychguards, and Obyron (This guy reanimated 3 times at 5+!)

Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:24 pm

I had a game at Hobby Forge today and it was against the Space Wolves.

My list was about the same as above, except that:
i. the Succubus no longer have Haywire Grenades
ii. One Reaver unit drops Blaster and take Heatlance instead
iii. One Ravager had triple Dark Lance
iv. The Razorwing Jetfighter takes Splinter Cannon and dual Desintegrator Cannons

The mission was Annihilation with Dawn of War deployment. It sucks coz my MSU army will suffer badly with 21 KPs in total. Not to mention, the SW won the roll for first turn. Lucky I've had several playtests on my own against SW. So I have a lil bit of experience on how to reduce the probability of losing too many KPs against the SWs.

What I did was I put everything into reserves except the Trueborns (in Venoms). The logic is simple, going 2nd and be in reserves means 2 things:
i. SW loses their Alpha Strike. This is very important since the SW have the ability to take down several key unit in a single shooting phase. Also coming from reserves means that the Alpha Strike is now on me hehehe; and
ii. SW wasted two turns of shooting. It means that in normal game turn, SW will have 3 turns only to collect his KPs while I have 4.

When the game endded, we thought that it was a draw:
- DE's lost : Succubus, 2 Wyches unit, 1 Raider, Razorwing Jetfighter (5 KPs)
- SW's lost : 1 Typhoon Squadron, 1 FlameSpeeder Squadron, 2 Long Fang packs, a Rhino (5 KPs)
It was on my back home did I realize that I had one more KP --> The Wolf Scouts!!
Hurray! It was a WIN for me by a small margin (6 - 5).

It feels so good to win KP game with my DE, being fragile paperplane and all. I must say I won it all thanks to the delay strategy. Who knows just how many KPs the SW would have gain if I deployed everything on table.

I bring the Razorwing just because I have the need to show them off to everyone since I've done it quite nicely. It came from reserve on the 2nd turn, shoot everything it has (all the 4 Monoscythe Missiles HIT!!) towards a 6 man Long Fang pack, killing them all instantly. Not bad.. Not bad at all Smile

Looking forward to the next game Smile
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:25 am

i wish i could have come. Got lash by my parents... the great lash of slaneesh. It was suppose to be a game againts me.... pale
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4969

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:14 am

it was a good game. since it was my first game against DE, my lack of knowledge on the codex and experience playing against em worked against me. now i will be better equipped for the next time i face DE. Smile

p.s. my faith in the durability of my Rhinoes have been renewed. HAHAHAHAHa
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:33 am

Yup.. the Rhino.. It was the reason I lost the Wyches. The idea in that turn was :
i. Destroy Rhino with Dark Matter weapons (I have so many)
ii. Kill some of the passengers with 5 Desintegrator Cannons and 9 Splinter Cannons
iii. Finished off the survivors with them Wyches (reroll to wound)
That will easily give me 3 KPs.. BUT THE RHINO STAYS!! WTH!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't forget the lone Typhoon Speeder.. It survives 2 rounds concentrated firepower. That pulls my attention away from your main army. Kacau betul.

It was a balanced game. A good game indeed Smile
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:34 am

rhinos are awesome if your luck is good during the game.. but its like crap if luck is not on your side. 3 rhino can easily blow up in one turn. Talking from experience. Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:25 am

That is 3 Rhinoes.. Imagine 3 Raiders. 3 times faster to blow up Laughing
Costed double of Rhino summore..

Back to top Go down
sundalbolong
Recruit
Recruit
sundalbolong

Honor Points : 4500

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 am

hmm
Back to top Go down
http://xtype74.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:17 am

I am currently painting all the Raiders/Ravager crews. So far finished 4 gunmen for the Raiders. Hopefully can finish the rest in two weeks, ready for the next game.

For the next game, I'm thinking to revive the Archon and his Incubi retinues. Will post up a list later when I'm not so busy.

@Sundalbolong : Macam kenal.. tapi di mana ya? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sundalbolong
Recruit
Recruit
sundalbolong

Honor Points : 4500

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:27 am

sia bah ni "nik kamal"
Back to top Go down
http://xtype74.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next