Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!

Go down 
+8
dif2find
shaun
Dr-DOOOM!!!
CikguDin
dann.toh
Paxter
AznJake
LordAK
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6467

The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:40 pm

I managed to get 2 games last friday. Was expecting to play 1750 games but everyone is playing 1500 all the time. When we asked why 1500. The answer was tourney standard. Nothing can do but tailor my list for 1500 lah. And this is the list I made on the spot:

Archon - Huskblade, Blaster, Shadowfield, Soul Trap, Combat Drugs
9 Wyches - Agoniser, Haywire (in Raider with ASails)
10 Wyches - Agoniser, 2 S&I, Haywire (in Raider with ASails)
5 Warriors - Blaster (in Raider)
5 Warriors - Blaster (in Raider)
3 Trueborn - 2 Splinter Cannon (in Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons)
3 Trueborn - 2 Splinter Cannon (in Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons)
Ravager - Dark Lance, Night Shield
Ravager - Dark Lance, Night Shield
Voidraven Bomber - 1 Implosion Missile

I dont intend to play Voidraven (it was supposed to be the Jetfighter), but I have 35 points to spare and dont know what to do. So why not try Voidraven with Implosion Missile.

VS SHAUN'S SPACE MARINES (Killpoints, SM goes 1st)

- Shaun goes 1st. So my reaction was putting half of my things in reserves. But I made big mistakes there. Since cant put all into reserves, might as well begin with everything on table for target saturation. I know from the start that the only way to win this is by going for TA, but it will be very difficult.
- By turn 3, Shaun was leading 7-2 in killpoints. I already destroyed 2 of his mainstay unit -> The large Biker Squad and the Terminators.
- What's left was my Archon with his Wyches (full unit already within the enemy line), 2nd Wyches unit (in reserve --> bad tactical decision!), 2 trueborn unit within a dilapidated bastion, a Venom, DL Ravager, and the Voidraven. They are up against a Captain and a Libby, 10 man Tactical manning the Quadgun (Defence Line), a Squadron of Typhoon and a Predator.
- Though I may not win, I foresee that things might change to my favour comes the next turn based on what's left on table.
- But here is the situation : I bring CikguDin along (for his 1st 6th Ed game Smile). He has been waiting for someone/anyone to finish. It happens that Dann and Joe finished their game earlier than we thought. But Joe had to go back (so cannot fight Din) while Dann wants to fight me. I also want to fight Dann (My DE hold huge grudge against the Longinus Initiative since half a year back). In the end, Din was left without an opponent again. So I decided to concede the game (I was losing anyway). So Now Din can fight Shaun, and I got chances for a revenge against Dann. Win-win situation.
- I lost 17-2 to Shaun.

VS THE LONGINUS INITIATIVE (Mission 1 (3 Objectives, DE goes 1st)

- Dann deployed 2 Sanguard unit behind a dilapidated bastion, giving no LoS to me. So I decided to push everything forward. Need to kill as much as possible before the dreaded Storm Ravens came in. To pull him away from cover, I bait him with the Archon + 2 Wyches unit in Raiders (2 of the most expensive unit I have).
- Dann responded accordingly, destroying both Raiders (and 16 Wyches in the process). But they are now in the open, and it took me one round of shooting to kill 9 Sanguards. A Sangpriest + PFist guy survived.
- The Archon leads then leads the charge to finish them but the Sanguards survived. After 3 turns of fighting, my Archon got PFisted to nothingness and the surviving Wyches flee (lucky they can rally).
- Dante unit drops in the 2nd turn, targetting the much hated DC Ravagers, but they failed to destroy it due to crappy pen result (Hooray!). One of the Storm Raven also came in, destroying the DL Ravager but failed to gun down the DC Ravager.
- Comes my 3rd shooting phase, everything targeted Dante unit. But only 3 models was down. It wasn't enough so I had to send the Implosion Missile towards them, killing all except Dante. (Lovely stuff Twisted Evil ). But that is the only thing my Voidraven did before the SR destroyed it.
- To my luck, the 2nd SR failed to come in the 3rd turn, giving me ample time to kill every BAs left on table. But it wasn't the end coz I have to deal with 2 SR before end game. I have hard time destroying one in 5th, and now they are much harder to kill.
- By the end of Game Turn 4, I had 3 VPs (2 objectives + STW) while Dann had 2 VPs (First Blood and STW).
- On turn 5, I managed to Immobilised one SR, but the other one killed my 2 Wyches that was holding an objective in BA deployment zone, denying me from my win.
- Now if the game continues to turn 6, I might be able to grab a win by Linebreaker. But Shaun rolled 2 and the game ended in a DRAW.

6th ed was fun, so many ways to win the game. I'm looking forward to the next game. Hopefully, a 1750 points game.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4674

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:01 pm

I purposely rolled a 2 because you cut our game short Very Happy

Wyches in my lines would have been a problem especially if i didnt destroy the Raider. Even a wreck would be a bad result for me. Still memang main busuk lar blocking my Quad Gun haha.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Placing Fortifications and terrain is a game in itself. Better get used to it Smile

Quote :
I purposely rolled a 2 because you cut our game short
I knew it! Laughing But it was the right thing to do.. otherwise Din would have to wait for us to finish and by that time, it would be too late already to begin a new game. Sorry bro Smile

Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 11:02 pm

I learned something funny during my game with Dann from players at HForge. It happens that Immobilised skimmer still get to Jink based on RAW.. Though it greatly benefit my pirates, I think that is very wrong coz the thing can no longer move or pivot and will be automatically hit in CC. Something that static shouldn't be able to Jink. Dont know which one is true in this one. Can't find any FAQ on this either. What says you all?

Dann.. about the Implosion Missiles, I just read the FAQ. It actually works like all other blast weapon, not like JAWWS. Once number of hits were determined, use majority Wounds in the unit for the Wound Test, and allocate accordingly. So Dante would also fail on 2+ instead of 5+. And since it causes wound, you can do Look Out Sir for characters if the wound reaches them.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6187

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 3:26 am

It will probably be FAQed. At the moment, just play as it is first lor.

Implosion Missiles sounds damn scary. Heard the rumors Voidraven is coming on the next Flyers wave.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5271

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:18 am

LordAK wrote:

Dann.. about the Implosion Missiles, I just read the FAQ. It actually works like all other blast weapon, not like JAWWS. Once number of hits were determined, use majority Wounds in the unit for the Wound Test, and allocate accordingly. So Dante would also fail on 2+ instead of 5+. And since it causes wound, you can do Look Out Sir for characters if the wound reaches them.

well we learn Very Happy I also forgot to take my COVER SAVES!

implosion missiles are awesome!
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5367

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:46 am

dann.toh wrote:

well we learn Very Happy I also forgot to take my COVER SAVES!

implosion missiles are awesome!

hahaha dann.. we learn indeed.. remember i attack you dred with grenade.. it suppose to be 1 grenade per unit not models..hahhahhahaha.. damn i lob 9 krak at your dred rear armor bro.. AWESOME gile... but not legal..ahhahahha.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:58 am

Quote :
damn i lob 9 krak at your dred rear armor bro..
Hahaha.. If everyone can throw grenades, nobody will ever use pistol except in CC Laughing

@Dann : Yup.. awesome. But at 30pts, scattering would be very painful Laughing Not to mention cover saves and invul can be taken as normal.
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:04 am

@Ak- had a game with your brother.. best gila.. tapi lama nak mampus main. But learn alot of rule.. tank shock = tank can still shoot.. cool.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:25 am

Quote :
had a game with your brother.. best gila.. tapi lama nak mampus main.
noobs Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jokes aside.. What are you up against? His Eldar + BA ally? Did you manage to take out his SR?
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:28 am

memang noob pun...hahahaha.. not a joke but a fact. The battle was againt his eldar/ IG list. I took out nearly all leaving 2 group of warpspider and a single vendetta. Destroyed 1 the moment he went into hover mode. Kena LL... kan range unlimited.. Smile but it was fun.. and both of us learn alot in that single game. Sebab tu la lama... budak baru belajar Smile
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Haha its alright Lord AK can game with you in the end so i will take it. Implosion Missiles are memang worth it just hope you dont have to shoot IG Guardsmen with it lol.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:16 am

Just when I was thinking to play Drazhar to help deal with 2+ armour in CC, GW makes my life easier with AP2-ing the Klaive. Here is my new list.

Archon | Huskblade, BlastPistol/Blaster, Shadowfield, Soul Trap, Combat Drugs, PGL
5 Incubi (in Raider with ESails)
3 Trueborn | 2 Splinter Cannon (Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons)
3 Trueborn | 2 Splinter Cannon (Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons)
5 Warriors | 1 Blaster (in Raider)
Ravager | 3 Dark Lances, Night Shield
Ravager | 3 Desintegrator Cannons, Night Shield
Voidraven Bomber | Flicker, 1 Implosion Missile

will add these for 1750
3 Reavers | 1 Blaster
3 Reavers | 1 Blaster
3 Reavers | 1 Blaster
+1 more missile to Voidraven

I really miss the haywire grenades on Wyches, so maybe I'll put in one unit of them later..
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6187

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:00 am

haha. i also wanna redo my list to include the incubis. Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:33 am

If I'm not wrong, your list memang Incubi heavy kan? Never realised you have changed your list.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:44 pm

How about a 3rd Ravager instead of 2 squad of bikes? Reduce your VP and gives you 3 extra Dark Lance over 2 Blaster shots. For your 1750 list. Other than that your list is very scary.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 4:55 am

The Heavy support slot is full already lah bro.. Smile

Summore Reavers are good, they are very easy to hide with the extra 2d6 movement in Assault Phase and always have a 4+ cover.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Oh right tak ingat Voidraven is under Heavy. Haha especially since you dont have to roll for Dangerous Terrain anymore of course you will say they are good.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 4:14 am

Of course, loving the new Skilled Rider Smile
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6175

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:29 am

voidravens are going to be a must some time soon in most lists I forsee. DE needs to be in control of the battlefield and the air is no exception if I had the points I carry 2 Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:41 am

Everyone is waiting for the actual model from GW..
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:45 am

that will be some time bro... cause they got their hands full for the year Sad wished they did release it soonish
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:48 am

When that come.. I might drop the DC Ravager and one Reaver Squad from the list and take another Voidraven with Implosion missile.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 9:51 am

My Necrons need introduction into 6th ed. So I'll be doing several playtest, starting with the DE. This is the list that I'm going to throw against them:

Archon | Huskblade, Shadowfield, Drugs, Soultrap, Phantasm Grenades, Haywire Grenades
5 Incubis
- dedicated Raider | Lance, Aethersails, Nightshield
3 Trueborns | 2 SplinterCannons
- dedicated Venom | 2 SplinterCannons
3 Trueborns | 2 SplinterCannons
- dedicated Venom | 2 SplinterCannons
5 Warriors | Blaster
- dedicated Raider | Lance
5 Warriors | Blaster
5 Warriors | Blaster
5 Warriors | Blaster
Ravager | Tri-lance, Night Shield
Ravager | Tri-lance, Night Shield
Voidraven Bomber | Flicker, 1 Implosion Missile
Total : 1497

Dont know when can do the playtest though. Tonight is Skyfall, then tomorrow at 2pm fly to Miri. Maybe after Skyfall..
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:47 am

the trueborn unit is really really good. the firepower of 4 splinter cannons are awesome. ive grind down
so many units with them. for 121 pts its damn cheep!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!   The Sun Pirates Rides Again!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sun Pirates Rides Again!!
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next