Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.

Go down 
+17
beobot579
FourEyedMonster
rkidz
greenster92
CikguDin
wolkenritter89
cookie_yip
Dr-DOOOM!!!
AznJake
Vuel
dif2find
MrChaos
dann.toh
Paxter
LordAK
Alvin K
limp83
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

Honor Points : 5009
Location : In my Nurglish room, painting, voiding all social contact.

Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Black Legion (1744pts)
1750pt Chaos Space Marines 5th Ed (2007) Roster (Standard)
Selections:

HQ (370pts)
Daemon Prince
Eternal Warrior, Fearless, Invulnerable Save (5+)
Bolt of Change (change to pyro) , Doombolt (change to pyro) , Mark of Tzeentch(invul become 4+) , Wings

Daemon Prince
Bolt of Change (change to telepathic), Doombolt (change to telepathic), Mark of Tzeentch(invul become 4+), Wings

Elites (425pts)
Chaos Terminators
Deep Strike
6x Terminator, 3x Combi Weapon, 1 x Heavy Flamer,Icon of Khorne, Lightning Claws, 5x Power Weapon, 1x Twin-Linked Bolter

Chosen Chaos Space Marines
Icon of Chaos Glory, Chaos Rhino, 5x Chosen, 5x Meltagun

Troops (444pts)
Khorne Berzerkers
Fearless, Furious Charge, Mark of Khorne
7x Berzerker, Personal Icon
1x Skull Champion
Bolt Pistol, Power Fist

Plague Marines
Fearless, Feel no Pain, Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Rhino, Personal Icon, 7x Plague Marine, 2x Plasma Gun

Fast Attack (155pts)
Chaos Raptors
Deep Strike
2x Flamer, 4x Raptor
1x Aspiring Champion
Melta Bombs, Pair of Lightning Claws

Heavy Support (350pts)
1x Chaos Land Raider
Dozer Blade

1x Chaos Vindicator

Hakim.... me Saturday list! and you know what? Winged Daemon Prince is not Flying Monstrous Creature... it's Jump Monstrous Creature... no vector strike, no swooping T___,T, FAQ confirmed that (the damn white dwarf tipu me) so much hoping for revenge on your big fat stormraven...

Be aware that :
Most of my unit have icon already.. my termi deep strike might be a bit less gungho and more precise (dang! winged princes and raptor not benefit from this!)
Back to top Go down
http://40knoobtonoob.blogspot.com
greenster92
Private
Private
greenster92

Honor Points : 4583

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:46 pm

oooo tat is good news for me i guess. icons eh? i look forward to seeing it in action.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6459

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Yeah.. I had the same sentiment with you regarding the Daemon Prince hahaha. But we got it cheaper lah at least.

Your list is very colourfull. I like Smile

The Chosens, I think Plasmaguns would be more scary than Meltaguns with changes to Rapid Fire. 5 Shots at 24 and 10 at Rapid Fire Range is simply gila...
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 4:36 pm

@Hakim : Basically the Icon will makes Termi/Oblit not scatter if they choose to deep strike within 6" (just FYI)

@LordAK : (Chaotic man hug) Damn the stupid white dwarf even highlighted that DP being FMC, but the FAQ contradict it... regarding plasma gun, will it be better than melta when it comes against vehicle in 6ed?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Quote :
regarding plasma gun, will it be better than melta when it comes against vehicle in 6ed?
Nope.. Nothing beats Melta in that area. But they win in versatility and range.
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:06 pm

LordAK wrote:
Quote :
regarding plasma gun, will it be better than melta when it comes against vehicle in 6ed?
Nope.. Nothing beats Melta in that area. But they win in versatility and range.

Ah... then I guess I have to stick with Melta, as you can see from my list, this and LR are probably the only anti-vehicle that I have...
I added in one more DP to test out the psychic power, the psychic shriek thingy from Telepath power seems to be very powerful.. but by single unit, I'm not sure it means one model or a unit of models... LOL, nonetheless, will try it out What a Face
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Sorry Hakim... one day before our fight GW make a HUGE joke on you

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2570039a_Chaos_Space_Marines_v1.1.pdf

they published and I quote:

Page 85 – Special Equipment, Wings.
Replace this entry with “Infantry models equipped with wings
add ‘Jump’ to their unit type. Daemon Princes with wings add
‘Flying’ to their unit
type.”

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR

Also.. revise abit on my DP psychic power:

HQ (370pts)
Daemon Prince
Warptime, Doombolt (change to pyro) , Mark of Tzeentch(invul become 4+) , Wings

Daemon Prince
Warptime, Doombolt (change to telepathic), Mark of Tzeentch(invul become 4+), Wings

Since DP is only mastery lvl 1, can shoot only one power at shooting phase.
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:08 pm

Can't wait to get me CSM codex from Alvin, so... I subdue to the temptation again to dl a pasar malam version for preview... spend the better of this noon coming out with this list... it suppose to be a Night Lord army which should steer clear from any Daemonic stuff, but Warp Talon, Heldrake, Helbrute is just yelling to be painted, plus, I still have one unpainted Daemon Prince =p

HQ
======
Daemon Prince
-Daemon of Tzeentch
-Wings
-Power Armor
-Burning Brand Of Skalathrax (flamer)
-Black Mace
-Dimensional Key

Troops
=======
Chaos Space Marine (9 csm, 1 AC, [unit lead by the new prophet of VIII legion, Decimus])
-Lascannon
-Veteran of Long War
-AC - Gift Of mutation
-AC - power weapon
-AC - combi bolter
-Rhino
-Rhino - Havoc

Chaos Space Marine (9 csm, 1AC)
- Lascannon
- Veteran of Long War
- AC - Gift Of mutation
- AC - power weapon
- AC - combi bolter

Fast
======
Heldrake (hadecannon, [creature captured and tortured to submission])
Heldrake (hadecannon, [creature captured and tortured to submission])

Warptalon (5 WT, 1 AC, [Lucoryphus and the bleeding eyes])
-AC - gift
-Mark of Khorne

Elites
======
Helbrute ([The Exalted, or, Malcharion])
- power scourge
- Twin-Linked Lascannon

Terminator (5 Termis, 1 AC[The Atramentar])
-Mark Of Tzeentch
-Vateran of Long War
-Reaper Autocannon
-AC - Gift of mutation

yup, lacking of heavy support... but not enuff point to squeeze those in already, also not sure what to take out =p

comment on the list, folks?

ps: Anyone have extra loyalist dreadnaught to spare? wanna use it to represent Helbrute for fluff reason, I'm willing to trade with one helbrute plus some extra $$ Embarassed
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:27 pm

revised the list since Daemon Prince can't take 2 chaos artifect...

so..here's the new list

Night Lord Tenth Company (1749)
==========================

HQ
======
Daemon Prince
-Daemon of Tzeentch
-Wings
-Power Armor
-Black Mace
-Dimensional Key

Troops
=======
Chaos Space Marine (10x inc AC)
Lascannon
Veteran of Long War
AC - Gift Of mutation
AC - power weapon
AC - combi bolter
Rhino
Rhino - (extra) combi bolter (can I actually take this?)
Rhino - Warpflamer Gargoyles

10x cultist ("hug that objective and try not to die, mortal")

Fast
======
Heldrake (hadecannon)
Heldrake (hadecannon)

Warptalon (6x inc AC)
-AC - gift
-Mark of Khorne

Elites
======
Helbrute
- power scourge
- Twin-Linked Lascannon

Terminator (5x inc AC)
Mark Of Tzeentch
Vateran of Long War
Reaper Autocannon
Champ-Gift of mutation

Heavy
======
Havoc
-4 x Autocannon

Havoc
-4 x Autocannon

======================================

Now now...where can I get my hands on those Autocannon cheap.... Aegis or scratch build I guess....

Also, as per previous thread... anyone have extra loyalist dreadnaught to spare? wanna use it to represent Helbrute for fluff reason, I'm willing to trade with one helbrute plus some extra $$

Errrr... comment?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:07 pm

The way you wrote your list is a bit confusing..
The list is too light on troops..
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6167

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:19 pm

yeah man a bit confusing to read, check out how ak, me or dr doom post their lists.. its easier to baca, this one looks rojakish

but the list is really light on troops. A group of 10 cultist wont live long even if the hug the terrain tightly... most likely than not they will run due to failing some ld check.

btw why got 3 rhino for 1 unit? or is it x3 10 man marine unit in rhino?
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:27 am

@LordAK, Pax: Ah.. LOL, soli soli... was copy n paste from notepad and just remove the point.

Actually, its not 3 rhino lah... its one rhino with combi bolter and warpflame upgrade... same applies for AC...

Light on troops... noted~_~ gah.. so many model I wan to paint, so little point to fit the model in...
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6179

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:01 am

better post on the army list section.

anyway, some input on the list.

1. Upgrade your tzeentch DP into a psyker. if not, don't bother with the upgrade unless you are playing a theme army. And your army does not need dimensional key. By the time you can activate it, most of the time your units already deepstriked on to the table.

2. If you are going light on the troops like mine, make sure you protect them well. in my case, i have land raider for my berzerkers and the cultists in the berzerker's rhino.

3. Warptalons are better with Mark of Tzeentch to get that +1 Inv saves.

4. If you plan to use your termies as shooting platform, just take min 3 termies with the reaper autocannon. Don't bother about the Tzeentch upgrade.

5. Helldrake is better with the Balefire upgrade.
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:46 am

Hey Doom, thanks for the input =)

1. I'm not sure... the other DP chaos mark upgrade seems to be less tempting (reroll save of 1 is awesome)... and sadly the DP must upgrade to serve one of the Gods... was planning to activate the key on turn 1/2 no matter the cost... then later DS warptalon and termi in the soft spot...

2. Yeah, this is really my concern.. was thinking to at least get a fully kit out rhino for cultist (dedi for Havoc but hijack by them), but just can't wiggle out enuff point for it...

3. Noted. Will test out both mark =) Just a question, in 6ed, its still the same of after deep strike = cannot assault, right? Might consider to just field them as normal raptors to take back some point (=p I just really like their model)

4. Yeah, this, I'm not sure too... termies will be keep in reserve and DS... maybe I should just drop RAC and replace it with combi weapon

5. Sure ah? My concern are actually flyer, template weapon can't shoot flyers right?
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 am

Coz when you vector strike a flyer, your back will be facing the targeted flyer. how you plan to shoot it with your hades autocannon? Smile
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:00 am

Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:
Coz when you vector strike a flyer, your back will be facing the targeted flyer. how you plan to shoot it with your hades autocannon? Smile

True! LOL, i did not think about it, at all...
Also, after vector strike, the strike count as making one shooting atk dy, I guess even can u-turn oso can't shoot =p
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:03 pm

a flyer can shoot 4 weapons even when zooming. so if u can even u-turn, the ans is yes, you can shoot.

of course another tactic to use hades autocannon is that you vector strike something on the ground while facing a targeted flyer and then you can fire your hades autocannon on them.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Limp.. it seems like there's a lot for you to learn hahaha..
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 5:41 pm

Laughing True that Lord AK. And thanks Joe for pointing the flyer rules out, I never really study flyer rule carefully as previously I just have chance to play like 2 games with FMC =P

I'm really kinda clueless about the game...hahahaha, normally after steamroll by folks (by folks I mean Hakim, as I think I only play with him), the game just gave me bad headache and exhaustion =p
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Quote :
the game just gave me bad headache and exhaustion =p
I remember back when I were more free for gaming and lepak after game, the game gives me fun times/stories to share at mamaks. At least now I still get my fun Smile
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Guess I will post hobby stuff over here and list/gaming on the other thread (guess that thread will be quite lack of content =___,=)

so, hobby stuff...

Guess what am I going to do?
Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 20121016_220542
Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 20121016_222659
Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 20121017_231713
Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 20121017_231817
Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 20121017_232350

oh, this.

Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 IMG-20121014-WA0000

and this.
Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 20121016_222816
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:57 am

I hope you magnetised the Power Scourge. Otherwise that thing is going to be very difficult to transport properly.

I want a Helbrute for my WE.
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:40 am

ya... the power scourge HB and Heldrake will be a pain in ass to transport... I might just find a big box, stuff them full of sponge and then just throw them in...
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 4:56 pm

some progress on reposing the Heldrake...

Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 20121020_145600

Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 20121020_213413

Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 20121020_213427

Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 20121020_213509

Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 20121020_213536
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4962

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:06 pm

FART POWER FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next