Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.

Go down 
+17
beobot579
FourEyedMonster
rkidz
greenster92
CikguDin
wolkenritter89
cookie_yip
Dr-DOOOM!!!
AznJake
Vuel
dif2find
MrChaos
dann.toh
Paxter
LordAK
Alvin K
limp83
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

Honor Points : 5009
Location : In my Nurglish room, painting, voiding all social contact.

Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:56 am

@Vuel : I guess the normal CSM will be on foot =p The LR should be empty and hiding on table edge shooting it's shiny lascannon (It didn't get to move too far in our last game~_~... actually, all of my vehicle don't get to move far... am I doing something wrong?)

@Jake : I'm not really sure about the IP thingy as well, but I faintly remember in old forum folks had been ask not to post up details point, so I just remove them.. btw, I downloaded the battlescribe thingy once I saw u use it to generate your nid list, works like a charm, thanks man =D

@Dr-Doom (Joe von Doom?) : Thanks for the offer! Regardless of "rumors" and some "horror story" about a certain Abaddon and Land Raider, I think I actually wanna have a game with ya =__,=" You seriously wan a game?
ps: "limp, see how well protected are you by the other veterans here? hehe" <-- I'm really, really touched and glad that folks here don't really enjoy watching frog been crush under a sixteen wheeler, repeatedly.

@LordAK : YES! comment on the list would be extremely welcome, I'm aware that it's a very un-competitive list, mainly because I'm just throwing in everything that I had and painted... It's more of a fun list. Do gimme a few pointer =D

@yip : =______,=

@dif : Eh, Sunday morning is fine for me (actually I function better early in the morning, after noon, it's all a haze of blur) U will be there on 9-9.30? I'll call you on Saturday nite to confirm, k?

@Wolken : DO WANT!
Back to top Go down
http://40knoobtonoob.blogspot.com
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6179

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:01 am

joe von dooom sounds cool. lol

btw, if syamael opening up early tomolo then i'll come earlier too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:08 am

@Dr-Doom : I think dif is talking bout Sunday lah
Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

Honor Points : 5209

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:22 am

Joe, go create a new account. Hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
http://gluedmyfingers.blogspot.com
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:32 am

oh...sunday is better still for me! Smile
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5359

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:27 am

ok then i will see you guys on sunday. i will go get the key from edward if i can.

@alvin- bro can you sms me his no... i change HP.. lost his no. TQ. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
Alvin K
Alvin K

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:53 am

016447GHEY

Nah, straight away post here la. Too lazy to SMS.

Last edited by Alvin K on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:04 am

ok people.. every one can start calling edward now..hhahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:07 am

You save already? If so, I'll remove the number.
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4770

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:13 am

the last game was Annihilation, where everybody wants to be in their opponent's face ASAP..
that's probably the reason why your vehicles didn't get to move much..

limp83 wrote:
@LordAK : YES! comment on the list would be extremely welcome, I'm aware that it's a very un-competitive list, mainly because I'm just throwing in everything that I had and painted... It's more of a fun list. Do gimme a few pointer =D

pretty sure that everybody will agree that you'll need to acquire at least one more rhino for your chosen squad..

I'd suggest that you put the normal CSM in the Land Raider for these reasons:
(1) survivability for your CSM
(2) 'scoring' LR on objective missions
(3) flexibility of bringing the CSM into the forefront, instead of slugging on foot
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:18 am

@alvin- yup got it.. better remove that.
Back to top Go down
Alvin K
Alvin K

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:23 am

OK, edited.
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:59 am

hahahaha.. it just had to be GHEY... what that .... sounds like gay...hahahah
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6459

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:09 pm

You'll be fighting Joe.. regardless what other people say, I think that's for the better lah.

Quote :
HQ
Daemon Prince
Eternal Warrior, Fearless, Invulnerable Save (5+)
Bolt of Change, Mark of Tzeentch, Wind of Chaos, Wings
No comment here. Daemon Prince is good enough but prone to die very early in the game. Learn well how to keep him alive until he reach the target.

Quote :
Elites
Chaos Terminators
Deep Strike
3x Combi Weapon, Heavy Flamer, Lightning Claws, 4x Power Weapon, 5x Terminator
Good enough here. But if got icon to assist them much better.

Quote :
Chosen Chaos Space Marines
5x Chosen, 5x Meltagun
I'm not into Chosens, but the setup is good enough. Maybe you wanna give IoCG so can assist the Terminators when they comes in.

Quote :
Possessed Chaos Space Marines
Deamonkin, Fearless, Invulnerable Save (5+)
5x Possessed Chaos Space Marine
I dont get how you're gonna play them. Without any transport, they are points better spent elsewhere. Acceptable for fun games, but definitely not against Joe.

Quote :
Troops
Chaos Space Marines
10x Chaos Space Marine, Flamer, Plasma Gun
Aspiring Champion
Power Weapon
Take the Rhino from Berserkers and give it to them. Never mix Plasmagun with assault weapons. If you plan them for close range fire support, then dual plasma (or triple) is the way to go --> move 12 --> disembark --> Rapid Fire. But usually dual flamers/meltagun the best choice if you're planning for hand to hand combat. IoCG and PFist is a good option.

Quote :
Khorne Berzerkers
Fearless, Furious Charge, Mark of Khorne
8x Berzerker, Chaos Rhino
Skull Champion
Bolt Pistol, Power Fist

Put them in the Land Raider, make full use of the assault ramp. 8 is a fluffy number (how I play them), but 10 is always better.

Quote :
Plague Marines
Fearless, Feel no Pain, Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Rhino , 7x Plague Marine , 2x Plasma Gun

Good enough. If have PFist then better.

Quote :
Fast Attack
Chaos Raptors
Deep Strike
2x Flamer , 5x Raptor
Aspiring Champion
Pair of Lightning Claws

Raptors are best as tank hunters. 5 man, 2 meltagun, no champ. Have I mentioned your list is lacking in anti tanks?

Quote :
Heavy Support
Chaos Land Raider
Daemonic Possession , Dozer Blade , Extra Armour
Extra Armour is redundant since you already have Daemonic Posession

That's all for now.. good luck. you need it against Joe Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:27 pm

apa laaaaa.... he's playing against Syamael. not me ok?
don la scare the poor fella la. i'm just a noob player.
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:38 pm

darn... i nearly choke on my drink when i was reading your reply... "im just a noob player".... hahaha.. you noob..ya ka.
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:34 pm

LordAK wrote:
You'll be fighting Joe.. regardless what other people say, I think that's for the better lah.

Quote :
HQ
Daemon Prince
No comment here. Daemon Prince is good enough but prone to die very early in the game. Learn well how to keep him alive until he reach the target.

I'm actually thinkin bout dual lash prince here, just for the sake of screwing ppl's formation/move the kill threat away...

Quote :
Elites
Chaos Terminators
Deep Strike
3x Combi Weapon, Heavy Flamer, Lightning Claws, 4x Power Weapon, 5x Terminator
Good enough here. But if got icon to assist them much better.

This squad is going to stay then...

Quote :
5x Chosen, 5x Meltagun
I'm not into Chosens, but the setup is good enough. Maybe you wanna give IoCG so can assist the Terminators when they comes in.

These guys are actually my answer to tank.. but I just realize I assumed wrongly they have deep strike.... this guys only have infiltrate...

Quote :
5x Possessed Chaos Space Marine
I dont get how you're gonna play them. Without any transport, they are points better spent elsewhere. Acceptable for fun games, but definitely not against Joe.

Yes, this is the guys that I would drop if I wanna have a more competitive list, and distribute the point for more upgrade on other squad (icons, etc) but... their model are too cool to pass on

Quote :
Troops
Chaos Space Marines
10x Chaos Space Marine, Flamer, Plasma Gun
Aspiring Champion
Power Weapon
Take the Rhino from Berserkers and give it to them. Never mix Plasmagun with assault weapons. If you plan them for close range fire support, then dual plasma (or triple) is the way to go --> move 12 --> disembark --> Rapid Fire. But usually dual flamers/meltagun the best choice if you're planning for hand to hand combat. IoCG and PFist is a good option.

Noted. Sounds good! I think their role will be support fire.. might consider to drop the champ or change his wargear to more shooty stuff.

Quote :
Khorne Berzerkers
8x Berzerker, Chaos Rhino
Skull Champion
Bolt Pistol, Power Fist
Put them in the Land Raider, make full use of the assault ramp. 8 is a fluffy number (how I play them), but 10 is always better.

Yup, I go for fluffy number here^^ put them into LR sounds good actually...

Quote :
Plague Marines
Chaos Rhino , 7x Plague Marine , 2x Plasma Gun
Good enough. If have PFist then better.

Another fluffy number =p but they are not as tough as I thought they would be... they last like 1 round with Iqbal's power weapon glass cannon, might consider to add in more bodies instead of PF... they are, after all cannon fodder that (if lucky enuff) use to hold objective...

Quote :
Fast Attack
Chaos Raptors
Deep Strike
2x Flamer , 5x Raptor
Aspiring Champion
Pair of Lightning Claws
Raptors are best as tank hunters. 5 man, 2 meltagun, no champ. Have I mentioned your list is lacking in anti tanks?

Ya, ditto on the anti tank part... and I oso just realize these guys have deep strike last nite..LOL. but if I need moar point for a more competitive list, this is yet another group that I would drop..

Quote :
Heavy Support
Chaos Land Raider
Daemonic Possession , Dozer Blade , Extra Armour
Extra Armour is redundant since you already have Daemonic Posession

LOL, the daemonic possession is added last minute and I totally forget about extra amour... I'm thinkin maybe to experiment around to take away either DP (slightly more shooty) or EA (slightly more durable) and see how things fare...

That's all for now.. good luck. you need it against Joe Smile

LOL! thanks man! for your precious input on my list!
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5263

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:35 pm

Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:
i'm just a noob player.

Yup. Noob. *wink!*
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Vuel wrote:
the last game was Annihilation, where everybody wants to be in their opponent's face ASAP..
that's probably the reason why your vehicles didn't get to move much..

limp83 wrote:

pretty sure that everybody will agree that you'll need to acquire at least one more rhino for your chosen squad..

I'd suggest that you put the normal CSM in the Land Raider for these reasons:
(1) survivability for your CSM
(2) 'scoring' LR on objective missions
(3) flexibility of bringing the CSM into the forefront, instead of slugging on foot

Am really gatal tangan wan to get another CSM battleforce and the 25th ani thingy (Rhino n 10 bodies)... to fill in my missing rhino gap and start the night lord... but have a deep fear that there might be new sculpt or stuff for 6ED =p
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Revised the list abit...

Black Legion (1749pts)
1750pt Chaos Space Marines 5th Ed (2007) Roster (Standard)

Selections:
HQ
Daemon Prince
(same as previous list)

Elites
Chaos Terminators
Deep Strike
3x Combi Melta, Heavy Flamer, Lightning Claws, 4x Power Weapon, 5x Terminator
(same as previous list)

5x Chosen, 5x Meltagun
(same as previous list)

Chaos Glory, 5x Possessed Chaos Space Marine
(added an icon)

Troops
Chaos Space Marines
Chaos Glory, Chaos Rhino, 10x Chaos Space Marine, 2 x Flamer
Aspiring Champion
Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Combi-Weapon melta, Melta Bombs
(changed plasma to another flamer, changed the wargear of champion, added an icon and a dedi transport..poor zerkers now have to be on foot...)

Khorne Berzerkers
8x Berzerker
Skull Champion
Bolt Pistol, Power Fist
(borrowed their rhino to vanilla marine, they are moar angry now...)

Plague Marines
Chaos Rhino, 7x Plague Marine, 2x Plasma Gun
(same ol' same ol')

Fast Attack

Chaos Raptors
Deep Strike
2x Flamer, 5x Raptor
Aspiring Champion
Melta Bombs, Pair of Lightning Claws
(added a Melta Bomb)

Heavy Support
Chaos Land Raider
Daemonic Possession, Dozer Blade
(removed extra armor)

Lets see whether I can model the changes in time by tomorrow, or else I think I will stick to the previous list on Sunday Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:43 pm

Can Possessed take IoCG? Aniway.. they are fearless so why bother kan Smile
IoCG on Chosens are better. Infiltrating Icon is always a great help.
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4770

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:24 pm

limp, put the berserkers into the land raider..
land raider is an assault vehicle, use them as one..
marines on foot, unless you're a GK Paladin, is never a good idea..
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:47 pm

@LordAK : you have a point =p I'm not thinking straight and think that possessed could have chance to roll fleet as special rule, with the icon they can either home in termis or raptors...

@Vuel : just a question, can zerkers deploy in the LR? or they need to deploy as usual and then embark at their movement phase?

Just done modelling the icons, not using the original chaos glory icon, but kit bashed using loyalist banner and some chaos stuff =p
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:44 am

Yes.. Berserkers can deploy in the Land Raider.
Thay can even comes from reserve already in a Land Raider as long as you declare them during deployment.

2ndly.. Raptors deepstriking cannot make use of the icon. Only teleportation and summoning can use icon.
Back to top Go down
limp83
Sergeant
Sergeant
limp83

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:39 am

@LordAK : Alright! Noted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.   Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ave Dominus Nox, I'll see you in midnight clad, brothers.
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next