Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My first Ranger list from the new book

Go down 
+5
sundalbolong
LordAK
Paxter
CikguDin
spunkybass
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5370

My first Ranger list from the new book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first Ranger list from the new book   My first Ranger list from the new book - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 5:19 pm

My 1850 version has 1 pathfinder n 5 ranger squads. The swooping hawk exarch loses his talon. And a crimson hunter streaks in to support his ranger brethren Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5271

PostSubject: Re: My first Ranger list from the new book   My first Ranger list from the new book - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:15 am

I think Swooping Hawks still have issues. Or ppl haven't learned how to use them effectively yet. In two games, they died really quickly without doing much damage to my overall army.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: My first Ranger list from the new book   My first Ranger list from the new book - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:00 pm

They do have issues still. But, what style! They are cheaper now, and they deep strike without scattering. For around 100 pts, they still have potential as tank killers and objective contesters. See how. I've only tried them once, but arse-luck charge roll (and re-roll) resulted in failed charge in the open, after which they got gunned down
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6467

PostSubject: Re: My first Ranger list from the new book   My first Ranger list from the new book - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:23 pm

They sure are cool.. but loses in comparison to other aspect. I don't know how I would play them myself.
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: My first Ranger list from the new book   My first Ranger list from the new book - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:18 am

Ya. The three most obvious aspects nowadays seem to be scorpions, spiders n reapers. And of course avengers. Hawks look like they have 2 main roles - objective contesting and tank busting. Vs t3 targets their guns are not bad w R24, assault 3, but not so overwhelmingly impressive la.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: My first Ranger list from the new book   My first Ranger list from the new book - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:45 am

For that tank busting part.. It is good that they have haynades. But it would be better if they can haywire Flyers upon their descent. That would make them stand out better among the aspects. But they can't do that, and don't seem to be very good at anything else either! Sayang lah model cun..
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

PostSubject: Re: My first Ranger list from the new book   My first Ranger list from the new book - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:28 am

Ya I guess that's the only reason why they are still in my list. Models memang cun
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: My first Ranger list from the new book   My first Ranger list from the new book - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 4:33 am

I thought so Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Ranger list from the new book   My first Ranger list from the new book - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My first Ranger list from the new book
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2