Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daemons of DOOOM!!!

Go down 
+11
Alvin K
Vuel
shaun
CikguDin
dif2find
AznJake
dann.toh
spunkybass
LordAK
Paxter
Dr-DOOOM!!!
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6195

Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 am

Ignoring pain makes u kebal Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5291

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:13 am

it's like one of those animes - armour ripped off, clothes shredded, but is the hero still standing without a scratch? Yes he is.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:28 pm

AKA bollywood heroes
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6487

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:31 pm

Yeah.. Rajnikanth would survive any lasscannon shot to the head Laughing

Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6207

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:40 am

There was a relic on Planet Forge which rouse an interest to Lord Kairos. He sent his daemons in preparation on a mission to recover it.

Terror was unleashed on the Forge last Saturday but was intercepted by Captain Soo Kai with his Ultramarines. It seems that they have laid up a good defense anticipating the arrival of the daemons by occupying 2 building ruins close by with reinforcement to 1 of them which house the Thunderfire Cannon and the Devastator squad.

Little did they know that such formation is pointless against the all-seeing Lord Kairos Fateweaver.

The Dark Gods blessed Lord Kairos with their initial daemonic invasion. The rest of the army arrived later unscathed.

It was still night and the Daemons got the first strike, once the Screamers warped in, they quickly turbo-boosted around Fateweaver to benefit from his Oracle Divinity. Already getting re-rollable 4+ cover, the screamers were pretty much unhurt from the Ultramarines first volley of firepower due to the additional +2 cover from night fighting.

The Ultramarines were no match against the Daemons as they were unable to handle the rest of the Daemon invasion. More and more Daemons were poured out from the Warp, giving a hard time to the marines where as the Plaguebearers quietly sneaked to the relic and carried it away.

As the relic has been lost, Captain Soo Kai decided to tactically withdrew from the battle to fight another day but the marines couldn't withdraw without getting slaughtered. Emergency backup call was transmitted and it was quickly received by a nearby Blood Angels strike force commanded by Librarian Nahri.

Answering his ally's backup call, Librarian Nahri made planetfall on Forge to engage the Daemons. It was a kill point mission. But nothing in future can be hidden from Fateweaver as he already knew of this event. The Daemons had the first strike again anticipating the Blood Angels' main force. Knowing that almost half of the Blood Angel force is making planetfall on a Stormraven, the daemons overwhelmed the remaining Blood Angel force first, almost wiping out the Blood Angel's initial force on the battlefield.

Unfortunately due to the planet's unpredictable weather, the Stormraven was delayed. And seeing that his ally Ultramarines have already withdrew from combat, further engagement with the Daemons were futile. The Stormraven returned back to its Strike Cruise and left Planet Forge to the Daemons.

Lord Kairos was happy to obtain the relic and as a bonus collected a few tough marines souls back to be broken bit by bit.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:55 am

See.. your list ARE scary hahaha..
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:17 am

no la. i just exaggerated due to narrating a battle report from a story perspective ma.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:27 am

nice way to coverline ur awesome daemon list bro...
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:40 am

haha. thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:54 am

Finally managed to get a game with the Necrons last weekend and it was against Subahan's Necron Deathstar list. He has:

Deathstar of blob:
Overlord (fully tooled up)
Nemesor
Obyron
2 Lords with MSS
20 warriors

5 warriors
3 Heavy Destroyers
2 Heavy Destroyers
1 Annihilation Barge
1 Annihilation Barge

Subahan won the roll of and forced me to start first.
I went all out, putting all my heavy hitters on the 1st wave.
The dark gods didn't favor me that day as I didn't get my preferred wave.
I deepstriked them behind my lines defensively for my 2 units of Plaguebearers and 1 unit of 3 flamers.
The 2nd unit of 3 flamers tried their luck and deepstriked near his 5 men unit but scattered away but still managed to wiped out a 2 men Heavy Destroyers thus scoring first blood.
On his 1st turn, needless to say the flamers were wiped out. He teleported his blob of deathstar using Obyron behind my lines hoping to finish off the remaining unit of 3 flamers. It got scattered off the table and mishap resulting me placing them. I placed them near my plague bearers squad with Icon and he decided to try to kill of the flamers which were in sight and in range. 3 wounds caused but still have 2 flamers standing.
On my 2nd turn, all my reserves came in thanks to my Warlord's trait able to re-roll reserve rolls. All 3 FMC dropped around the blob of deathstar unit and the surviving 2 flamers jumped in.
But he had 2 characters with 3+ inv saves in front of the squad. To maximize my damage output, I used Masque and made all the characters danced to the back of the squad while retaining the nice big round of packed sardine.
With the combined shooting of 2 flamers, 2 Tzeentch DP and Fateweaver, everything was wiped clean except for the Overlord, Nemesor and Obyron.
Morale test was taken and failed. Subahan decided to call it off. Game ended in half an hour time. 1 of the fastest game I ever had. lol.
Another victory for the Daemonssssssss..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:14 am

Didn't you have another game after that?
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:16 am

nah... i didn't. had to go at 4. so was lingering around watching your game.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5291

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:19 am

yeeee half hour cheesy nyaa
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:38 am

just unlucky for him to mishap la.
that's the problem with big blob of death teleporting. once mishap and placed by opponent that has many pie plates or templates weaponry. GG.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 9:57 am

Teleporting is risky and everyone knows that. And he choose to do it in the most unsafe way possible (I'd do the same hahaha). He mishap, and you used it to your advantage. Great win there.

You are still cheese though.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 10:35 am

it takes one to know another. Razz
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:37 pm

Yup.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5046

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:53 pm

He didn't say the magic words la!! What a rookie mistake!!

Everybody who's anybody who's specializing in deepstriking hibijibbies would know better what to do while attempting to deepstrike their unit(s)!!

Well, let that be a lesson for him, & everybody else i think...never attempt deepstiking without invoking the name of the Overlord of Deepstriking...
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:31 am

The Overlord of deepstriking is lost in the warp though Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5390

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:10 am

He's around. Lately he's been busy invoking the favors of Slaanesh
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:38 am

I think this is the FINAL version of my Daemon of DOOOM!!! making full use of the templates and pavanes available to the army including the ally rule.

Primary:
Bloodthirster - Unholy Might, Blessing of the Blood God
Masque
The Blue Scribes
5 Pink Horrors - Changling
5 Plaguebearers
3 Flamers
3 Flamers
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm

Allies:
1 Chaos Lord - Burning Brand of Skalathrax
10 Cultist
1 Heldrake
1 Vindicator - Combi-bolter, Dozer Blade, Daemonic Possession

Total: 1748

Have Blue Scribes and Masque to Pavane enemies into tight formation to suffer templates below:

- 6 Breath of Chaos templates
- 3 S8 AP3 Big Blast
- 1 S10 AP2 Ordinance
- 1 S6 AP3 template
- 1 S4 AP3 template

To take on flyers, I have a Bloodthirster and Heldrake.
No Fateweaver and Screamers. So should be more fun for my opponents right? Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 12:07 pm

Quote :
No Fateweaver and Screamers. So should be more fun for my opponents right?
There's an old saying, "Keluar mulut buaya, masuk mulut naga" hahaha.

The list is scary, real scary.

A question, do we have to declare the 1st wave, 2nd wave thing in the list? or during deployment.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Neither. Only during at the start of yur 1st turn Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Oh.. like that ka. That is even harder for opponent to react. Damn Daemonic assault rules..
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Daemons of DOOOM!!!   Daemons of DOOOM!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:05 pm

After getting some feedback, the list will have problem against tanks. This should be a better one to test out:

Primary:
Bloodthirster - Unholy Might
Masque
5 Plaguebearers
5 Plaguebearers
3 Flamers
3 Flamers
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm
Allies:
1 Chaos Lord - Burning Brand of Skalathrax