Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!

Go down 
+7
dann.toh
Vuel
dif2find
Alvin K
CikguDin
LordAK
Dr-DOOOM!!!
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6157

Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 7:06 am

Yea, is nice ability to pass to scarabs since they got lots of attacks so bound to get lots of 1s to re-roll. hehe
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6437

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 7:58 am

Glad to hear about it. I havn't play my Necron in 6th Ed since people say they are so OP. nanti orang kata buli pulak. Are they really that good?
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:26 am

LordAK wrote:
Glad to hear about it. I havn't play my Necron in 6th Ed since people say they are so OP. nanti orang kata buli pulak. Are they really that good?

I tot everyone say that whatever army Kadir plays is OP? lol
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:00 am

No lah, that phrase was forever yours Laughing

The only army I have that is almost OP is the DE. But even they suffered greatly from the changes into 6th.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:39 am

i'm sure that there are many that disagrees. Razz
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:35 am

Hmm. I wonder if it was so.. Rolling Eyes

Aniway.. I'm currently back into painting the Necrons. Maybe I'll post up my list in a few days. Sorry if got similarities haha..
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 4996

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 1:19 pm

The only Necrons not OP are the ones to be played by CikguDin.............
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:23 am

My 1750pts Necrons to be participating the Legio 40k League.

HQ
- Nemesor Zahndrekh
- Destroyer Lord with MSS, Weave
- 4 Lance Crypteks + 1 Chrono Cryptek

TROOP
- 5 Warriors on Ghost Ark (Royal Court will hijack this)
- 5 Warriors
- 5 Warriors

FAST
- 6 Wraiths with 3 Whip Coils, 1 Particle Caster
- 5 Destroyers
- 5 Destroyers

HEAVY
- 1 Annihilation Barge
- 1 Annihilation Barge
- 1 Annihilation Barge

Total: 1750 points

Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:01 am

Looks okay lah bro. But like when commenting on diff's Necrons, I'm not too fond of small sized troops.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:26 am

haha... how about this then? put them in flyers but no more destroyers.

HQ
- Nemesor Zahndrekh
- 4 Lance Crypteks + 1 Chrono Cryptek - 1 Solar Pulse

TROOP
- 5 Warriors on Night Scythe
- 5 Warriors on Night Scythe

FAST
- 6 Scarabs Swarms
- 6 Scarabs Swarms

HEAVY
- 1 Annihilation Barge
- 1 Annihilation Barge
- 1 Annihilation Barge

Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5241

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:29 am

I don't think points was what he meant when he said 'small sized troops' -.-
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:14 pm

After a long slumbering in the tomb, the Necrons of DOOOM have finally awaken and unleashed its wrath on the Planet Forge. The army was led by Nemesor himself:

HQ
- Nemesor Zahndrekh

TROOP
- 5 Warriors
- 5 Warriors

FAST
- 5 Destroyers
- 5 Destroyers

HEAVY
- 1 Annihilation Barge
- 1 Annihilation Barge
- 1 Annihilation Barge

And was met with resistance by the Lord Chris Goh's Grey Knights force:

- 2 x Librarians with stave
- 10 Termies with 2 hammers, 2 psycannons
- 10 Termies with 2 hammers, 2 psycannons
- 2 x Stormravens

Highlights of the battle:
- Mission was 1 objective each. Night fight on 1st turn. Necron gets to go first.
- Chris only have 5 termies and 1 librarian on the table at the corner edge of his board. The rest of his force in reserve. 1 big squad of 10 termies deepstriking. I had 2 turns of shooting to kill his small squad of termies but could only killed 1 termie. sad. Sad
- His full force came on his 2nd turn wiped out both Necron destroyers but all the 3 Annihilation Barges survived. Smile
- Necrons counter-fire took down both Stormravens. 1 of the Stormraven carries 5 termies and a Librarian. After the Stormraven crashed, left the Librarian and a terminator.
- 10 Terminator squad managed to assault the 6 Wraiths with Destroyer Lord. Managed to wipe out all wraiths with Force weapons. Destroyer Lord broke and died once but came back to haunt a smaller Terminator squad.
- Every time the Terminators not locked in combat, lots of fire power was poured into them and finally wiped them out.
- Game ended with 5:1 victory to the Necrons.

Thoughts:
- 3 Annihilation Barges are insanely good!!! They can handle any flyers threat.
- Despite many shooting from the Necrons, Chris rolls very good for his saves. Hardly getting any 1 even 10 wounds caused each time. The party ppl (Chrono-Lances Crypteks) helped ease the problem with Terminator saves.
- Sad that the Destroyers died so early but I doubt they could contribute much since Chris' army was all 2+ armor saves.
- The Librarian damn tough to go down with 2+ inv save in combat and able to re-roll from his Divination spell.
Back to top Go down
AznJake
Sergeant
Sergeant
AznJake

Honor Points : 4884

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:25 pm

I wouldn't say it's a fair fight to make an analysis out of, Chris's list was too small and very risky to use against shooty armies.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Had 1 game just now vs the Tyrant Alvin's deadly DE.
Mission was 4 objectives and he got 1st turn. Yup, screwed. lol.

Anyway, I played to the end. Both side got several errors here and there. A very close fight I would say. In the end, DE won by 5VP:3VP

The destroyers suck vs non-MEQ. lol
They did okay alpha striking when they arrived but I think is a big point sink.

Thinking of removing the destroyers and taking 2 units of scarabs for added assault threats or tarpit against fighty armies. Then take another 10 warriors with night scythe? Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 2:59 am

Feeling like taking my robots out for a spin today.
And let's add in more robots (Tau!). lol

HQ
- Nemesor Zahndrekh

TROOP
- 10 Warriors on Ghost Ark (Royal Court will hijack this)
- 10 Warriors on Night Scythe

FAST
- 3 Canoptek Scarabs

HEAVY
- 1 Annihilation Barge
- 1 Annihilation Barge
- 2 Canoptek Spyders

ALLY:
- Buffmander (2 shield drones, Early Warning Override, Command & Control Node, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Velocity Tracker, Onagar Gauntlet, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit)
- 6 Firewarriors (Shas'ui with Markerlight & Target Lock)
- 3 XV88 Broadside Team with TL SMS, TL High-yield Missile Pod (2 x Target Lock, 1 x Early Warning Override, 6 x Missile Drones)

Total: 1849 points
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:43 am

Why Necrons? I thought at this moment you would spent all time playing Tyranids Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:10 am

coz dann doesn't wanna fight bugs with his bugs. (though I think that would be pretty awesome haha)

then i was house keeping my stuff and saw my Tau which only got see the battlefield once. And my Necrons in stasis too. Might as well, have a list with these 2 armies for the hack of it. Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:48 am

You have Tau meh? I thought you only play bad guys hahah
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 9:23 am

They are chaos Tau. Lol
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 12:29 pm

Wow! I didn't expect the combination of both Necron and Tau are so deadly. The last minute made up list to play shooty gun line (which is pretty rare for me as my armies usually assault oriented) was very very deadly. Dann had the upper hand somemore starting 1st and closing in fast. On my turn 1, I have a flyrant, 10 gargoyles and 2 hive crones in my face while the others will be on my line soon. I took down hive tyrant, 10 gargoyles and a hive crone in 1 shooting phase. Maybe I can consider making this my tournament list this year. But will need to test more again.

Now.... what color scheme should I paint those Tau? Hmm....... ideas?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 3:01 pm

That's Tau.. Hahah
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 7:02 pm

A rematch for Dann against the Taucrons. lolz.
Played the heavy terrain city board. He had 1st turn. Despite some bad rolls (at least not as bad as the previous game vs Alvin), we couldn't complete the game because I had to go. So the game ended prematurely on my Turn 4. So can call it a draw la. lolz
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Had 2 games today using my Taucrons with a little bit of modification. Taking additional 1 more Spyder as I needed some counter assault in case enemy closing in on my gun line.

HQ
- Nemesor Zahndrekh

TROOP
- 8 Warriors on Ghost Ark (Royal Court will hijack this)

FAST
- 3 Canoptek Scarabs

HEAVY
- 1 Annihilation Barge
- 1 Annihilation Barge
- 3 Canoptek Spyders

ALLY:
- Buffmander (Early Warning Override, Command & Control Node, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Velocity Tracker, Onagar Gauntlet, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit)
- 3 XV88 Broadside Team with TL SMS, TL High-yield Missile Pod (2 x Target Lock, 1 x Early Warning Override, 6 x Missile Drones)

1st game vs Soo Kai's Eldar. I managed to seize which cost him the game as he had all his wave serpents within my gunline range. He conceded in turn 3.

2nd game vs Alvin's Eldar. I must say I do believe I had better chance against his list but maybe my past life owed Alvin, my rolls were terrible against him (AGAIN!). lolz
Well, still manage to put up a good fight but still lost. Will try again next time but better pray at the temple first before fighting him. hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 4:30 am

Feel that the Taucrons need some combat support in case I face fast approaching armies. And the previous game vs Alvin's Wraithknight made me realize that I had nothing against that big fella once he got Fortune on him except my Lanceteks but he quickly engaged that unit. So thinking of putting a Lord with Mindshackle Scarab in it helps me have another unit of combat support.

HQ
- Nemesor Zahndrekh
- 4 Lance Crypteks + 1 Chrono Cryptek + 1 Lord with Mindshackle and Sempiternal Weave

TROOP

FAST
- 4 Canoptek Scarabs

HEAVY
- 1 Annihilation Barge
- 1 Annihilation Barge
- 3 Canoptek Spyders

ALLY:
- Buffmander (Early Warning Override, Command & Control Node, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Velocity Tracker, Onagar Gauntlet, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit)

Hopefully can have a go again vs Alvin with the theory above. So wanna take down that Wraithknight. lol
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 11:38 am

YES! Finally get to rematch against Alvin's deadly Eldar list again! He list is pretty much the same just that he swapped his Fire Prism for a Night Spinner.

Was a pretty close game. Turn 5 I would have won. Turn 6 he would have won. Turn 7, I won only by 2.

After the game, he planned to tweak his list for better optimization. Definitely can't wait to fight a more powered up Eldar again. For now, I will keep testing the current configuration of my Taucrons. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!   Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Necron Dynasty of DOOOM!!!
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next