Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Marines and Stuff

Go down 
+12
Alvin K
Boonkin
dif2find
CikguDin
BLee
Vuel
Arzmi
cookie_yip
Dr-DOOOM!!!
dann.toh
LordAK
shaun
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4673

Space Marines and Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:52 pm

1750 List using Codex: SM

HQ
Pedro Kantor

Ahazra Redth

Elites
8 Sternguard
3 Combi-Melta, Power Fist
-Rhino

6 Assault Terminators
TH,SS

Troops
10 Tactical Marines
Flamer, Missile Launcher

10 Tactical Marines
Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Sergeant with Power Axe
-Rhino

Heavy Support
Land Raider
Extra Armour, Multi Melta

Thunderfire Cannon

Fortifications
Aegis Defence Lines
Quad Gun

Thanks to Lord AK for helping me for my earlier list.

Last edited by shaun on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:33 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6466

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Obviously.. option 1 is better.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5270

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:57 am

Evilnyeee~~~

I would still have charged those termies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6186

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:39 am

is this the Shaun that came back from Scottland that I know? or another Shaun?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

You have 5 points to spare --> Meltabombs on Sarge?
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:43 pm

@joe: This is the Shaun that came back from Scotland. Is there any other Shaun?

@dann: Haha with the Assault Squad of course you would still charge the Termies. You would probably have more stuff also because this is a 1750 list.

@LordAK: I was thinking either Meltabombs or just upgrade the Plasma Cannon to a Lascannon.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Both also good.. or another plasma cannon (on the 1st Tact Squad).. you know how pesky 2+ armour are nowadays.

Who is Ahazra Red? What are his special rules?
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Good point but sometimes the Plasma Cannon lacks range compared to the Missile Launcher which is free and you know lar we are memang in that club where we roll alot of 1's haha. Overheat banyak.

Ahazra Redth is a Librarian of the Mantis Warriors from the Badab War. The reason he is there is because he can take a power from Divination Psychic Power Table and i want the rerolls to hit. He is more flexible than taking Lysander who is always in Termie Armour and can fit in a Rhino. Cant list what he has because i think that is against the forum rules?
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4969

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:10 pm

u can just give a brief description of wat he confers to the squad and transport. nothing on points or stats.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:09 am

ohhh...that skronny Shaun that can't gain a pound no matter how much food he eats.

your list need more anti fliers. you only have 1 AA weaponry. At 1500pts, normally you will see 2 fliers. Instead of sternguards which works much better in drop pod, I would opt for devastators. And since you will have Divination, at least when casted on the devastators, re-roll to hit suddenly become much scarier.
Back to top Go down
Arzmi
Recruit
Recruit
Arzmi

Honor Points : 4545

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:13 am

quick bit, are you able to attach an apothecary to your TH/SS assault termies? cause my pallies were rocking with one and i can only imagine a squad with 2+/3++ then a 5+ save is gonna rock even more. so much more it even exceeds uncle archy and uri combined !!

cookie_yip wrote:
u can just give a brief description of wat he confers to the squad and transport. nothing on points or stats.

he makes them sexier dude, geeez L2read
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:15 am

i don't think that's an option for space marines unless he takes the special character from FW (i remember playing it with Cookie Yip on this).
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:40 am

Yup.. the only apothecary SM has is within the Command Squad unless you play Red Scorpions whereby all Sarges becomes one.

Quote :
your list need more anti fliers. you only have 1 AA weaponry. At 1500pts, normally you will see 2 fliers.
This is true. Like it or not (I dont like it Mad ), people are going to take advantage of the Flyer rules to the max. So better be prepared for some form of dogfighting or AA weaponries.

Anyway, I believe your list can do well against any of mine (My list usually has 0-1 Flyers). If things really are getting out of hand. I might consider getting myself a squadron of Vendettas for revenge No
Back to top Go down
Vuel
Corporal
Corporal
Vuel

Honor Points : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:13 am

hmm, a 45 loota list doesn't seem too weird already..
Back to top Go down
http://vuel-iqbal.blogspot.com
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:16 am

haha... lootas rock!
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:47 am

LordAK wrote:
people are going to take advantage of the Flyer rules to the max. So better be prepared for some form of dogfighting or AA weaponries.

I guess I'm quite lucky that my 5th ed list has 2 flyers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:16 am

wanna try against my daemons this sat? Smile
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:24 am

see if i can make it la Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 am

@jo: The thing is the Sternguard are scoring unit also because of Pedro and it wouldnt be Crimson Fists if no Sternguard haha. Thought of a drop pod but the idea of throwing away something so expensive doesnt really appeal to me. For the skinny comment memang lar. I am immune to change haha. Also for the AA thing i was thinking Stormtalon but points are really restricted in this list.

@LordAK: I wouldnt be worried by your flyers. Venom and Trueborn = Lots of dead SM and Termies. Also boss need to set one day to game with you. Want to have a game before i ciao bro.

@dann: Lucky they are Flyers now or else would still get killed by Cyclone Missile Launcher and CHAINFIST hahaha but even if that is quite hard to happen you still got your Raven killed by Wyches =.=

@vuel: When was 45 Lootas ever weird? Very Happy

For those who dont know what Ahazra does he is a Level 2 Librarian which has 2 powers. One is fixed which you cannot change and one is chosen as normal. The fixed power gives Shrouded to a unit and he has access to Divination which is what i want him for. Last 3 abilities are reroll for sieze,-1 to enemy reserves and reroll ONE failed Psychic Test a turn.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:28 am

Crimson Fist Stormtalon not bad wei~

This Fist has Talons!

For some reason, I feel that the Libby and Pedro should go with the termies, and they should be riding in a Land Raider...
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:33 am

yup yup. agreed. Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:46 pm

Quote :
Also boss need to set one day to game with you. Want to have a game before i ciao bro.
Sure can.. I'm sure you want my DE kan Smile
But bro.. the soonest I can make it to gaming is prolly the 1st of September. You're still around by then?
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:43 am

1st will be no problem. I'll still be around then.

If you want to mix it up and bring your Necrons, WE or Raven Guard i am alright with it also.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 5:56 am

ei.. i still not yet get to play with you la shaun.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:31 am

I played your Necrons of DOOOM!!! before what but you can bring your Orks or something this weekend. Try to fight something else haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

Space Marines and Stuff
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next