Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Marines and Stuff

Go down 
+12
Alvin K
Boonkin
dif2find
CikguDin
BLee
Vuel
Arzmi
cookie_yip
Dr-DOOOM!!!
dann.toh
LordAK
shaun
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4808

Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 5:58 am

No worries lar dude. Hopefully you can settle whatever stuff you got.

Thanks! Haha see you next year.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Got 2 games over the weekend.

First one was against Dann's Tyranids. He had

Tyrant with 2+ Armour
Prime
Doom of Malantai with Pod
2x2 Hive Guard
2 Tervigon
2x10? Gaunts
12 Gargoyles
2 Carnifex

Mission was Emperor's Will with 4 objectives and Deployment was Dawn of Way Deployment.

He got first turn with no night fight and I failed to Seize.

The bikes scouted up on his weaker flank where there were just Gargoyles. They got shot and charged but Hit and Run away. Dann didn't know this so sorry about that dude haha. They then smoke the Tervigon there and my Sternguard also smoke the Tyrant. From there it was just a slog through his backline with the Sternguard killing the Prime in combat. Doom dropped in his lines but got killed by Lascannons from the Dreadnought. Eventually there were 3 left and my Bike Captain but I stupidly went after a unit of fleeing gaunts with the Captain instead of joining the Sternguard. Consolidated one inch which left the Tyranofex charge me and kill the Captain. The sternguard then died to Gaunt shooting. That was scary cause I lacked AP2 to deal with the Tyranofex after that but I eventually managed to kill them. The Tervigon also started coming towards my lines with Gaunts holding his objectives in the back but was held by Tacticals allowing me to sneak the victory. Final score was 8-7

2nd game was against Aiman's CSM.

Ahriman
Terminator Sorcerer
5 Terminators
2x6 Thousand Sons
2 Rhino
Heldrake with Hades Autocannon
6 Tzentch Havoc with 4 Lascannon
6 Tzeentch Havoc with 4 Autocannon
3 Nurgle Obliterators
Skyshield Landing Pad

Mission was Emperor's Will with 4 Objectives and there was Night Fight. He managed to sieze the initiative.

Bad first turn for my bikes cause without jink saves a lot go down. Leaving me with a 2 wound Captain, Librarian, Apo and 1 Biker. Managed to do better in retaliation though as the Sternguard come down and I kill off the Lascannon Havoc Squad and leave the Autocannons at 2 men. I do fail my charge to reach the Obliterators and next turn I eat some fire which sees me lose my last Biker but next turn I get the charge and slowly kill them leaving one. Ahriman also comes in and in return kills most of my Devastators leaving only one Missile and 1 Bolter. Heldrake also comes in but I shoot off his Hades Autocannon with Interceptor Lascannons. The tide did turn when his Terminators came in turn 3 as he killed a lot of Marines including one Lascannon squad and the Captain died leaving the Librarian who died to Perils on my turn. The Termies were a huge problem but managed to contain them leaving only the Sorcerer and one Termie. Managed to take care of Ahriman on my flank and my Scouts got off the charge on the Outflanking Rhino so I had the range to capture the objective. By the end I only had one Marine manning the Quad Gun, Contemptor with 2 Lascannons, 2 Marines, 2 Devastators and 8 Scouts. Despite the mauling he gave me the final score was 8-1 to me.

This list is doing quite fine after all the weeks of playing it. I need 6 more games in 4 days which is doable to hit 20 games overall. Last year when I left my record was 12W 2D 6L but this year I already beat my number of wins last year so its already incredibly good. Hopefully can continue my winning streak hehe.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6321

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 4:26 pm

damn it... i wanna beat your winning streak so much. lol
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Haha what to do life first Razz and actually thought there is a high chance to lose to your Daemons but still wanted to play anyway just to see whether can beat you or not.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:28 am

haha.... you have to wait til next year la. Wink
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6309

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:43 am

dr doom has this unquenchable thirst for blood! as soon as someone has a winning streak he is out to get you till ur beaten flat... Doom u still need to beat mah tau Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:37 am

i tot your Tau has lost to Subahan's Necrons? Or this is the new list that I faced with my DarkTau that has not yet face defeat? Smile
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:33 am

lol vs subhan yes u no Razz N vs subhan its impossible to win vs his necrons... he has like 30+ wins and like some 4-5 losses..
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 am

I have always won his Necrons using my Daemons. I guess that 4-5 losses was contributed by me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:59 am

WAH! but ur daemons like u know... so OP ppl also dun dare to speak its name
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:24 am

hahaha... like a true daemon. He that shall not be named.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5160

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:26 am

I really hope we can have the old league-style performance-based tournament where we just need to bash each other bloody, see who advance to semi-final, & finally the top 2 will duke it out to see who's gonna be the last man standing i.e the undisputed the winner.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:33 am

cant be just about killing, making it objective base nullifies this deathstar, 1k pts on one unit builds
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6601

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 9:53 am

Do a simple knockout tourney like GC back then.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:04 am

Its okay Pax I have only lost once with this list and its against Han's Necrons too! Some bad rolling on my part but a loss is a loss haha. Jo such a bully you don't want anyone else to have winning streaks ler Razz

Yea you could but its so match up dependent lar. If you meet a bad match up you are screwed and since its knock out that's your only chance gone? Its fun but not very fair overall. I still remember the space wolf cheese. Only thing that stopped me and my Tau from getting to play Din in the finals!!!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:19 am

I wonder how your current list look like now Shaun.

KO tourney is fast.. Can finish in 2-3 weeks and can be done like once per couple of months. So you have your chance the next time coming. The problem of having big tourney is that we have it like only once per year.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:33 am

Yea true so maybe next year when I come back can just have one xD

Since you asked I got no problem reposting it haha

Primary Detachment - Space Marines
HQ
Space Marine Captain
Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Artificer Armour, Space Marine Bike, Hellfire Rounds, Digital Weapons

Troops
Tactical Squad - 10
Flamer, Lascannon

Tactical Squad - 10
Flamer, Lascannon

Elites
Sternguard Veteran Squad - 8
2 Combi Melta, Sergeant with Power Fist and Combi-Melta, Drop Pod

Heavy Support
Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought (Skyfire and Interceptor if it doesn't move)
Two Twin Linked Lascannons, Cyclone Missile Launcher

Devastator Squad - 8
4 Missile Launchers

Fortifications
Aegis Defence Lines
Quad Gun

Secondary Detachment - Dark Angels
HQ
Librarian
Mastery Level 2, Space Marine Bike, Conversion Field

Ravenwing Command Squad - 5 (Gives the Captain and Librarian Scout, Hit and Run)
Apothecary, Ravenwing Grenade Launcher

Troops
Scout Squad - 8
Sniper Rifles

Total 1845
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:35 am

I'm not bully la.
A truly bully would be Peter Cheah (if you ever know him). lol
Other than his list is cheeze, he doesn't allow his opponents to make mistakes even in friendly games. (i still shiver when I remember the games i had with him. super stressed. lol)

I'm just trying motivate more better competitive players in the community and I don't mind being labeled as the bad guy here as long is for the Greater Chaotic GOOD. lol

Well, like what Iqbal quoted before, is not the list that defines a player OP, is the player. Wink
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:47 am

Haha chill lar Jo I am just joking. Despite your cheesy Daemon army its quite fun to play against you Very Happy

Its actually good also to be competitive. At least the standard is always there and everyone knows what they have to be able to beat also. Kinda understand him also cause since he doesn't let you do it in friendly games it also trains you for tournaments as it helps you minimise your mistakes then? Can work both ways. There isn't really a right way in that sense. Its just opinion.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:16 pm

Jo your very far from being a bad guy lah. Like messing with ya. + i know peter n no I dont need a second peter. For casual games too much of a rule nazi also problem esp for those who dont play every week
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:21 pm

speaking of peter, i think he has shifted to X-Wings. That's why we don't see him around much. lol
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5160

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:00 pm

That's why i said to make a simple league games 1st, consisting of random-swiss-style 3-games league. The top 4 (or 8 if we want to make it bigger) will then advance to the semi-final (or qtr finals for the best 8 ).

This was the format used in the 1st & only Games Con way back almost a decade ago in Mid Valley, as well as the tournament held 1 Utama. Back then, the prizes were sponsored by the gaming stores as well as private companies.

This way, the contestants will not grumbled much since everybody gets to play at least 3 matches to the best of their capability. Only the best would go to the extra rounds. Paintings & Sportsmanship would be awarded too - they have their separate prizes, but they would not influence the outcome of the matches, as the matches were performance based.

For those who have participated in the event would surely remember how neck-to-neck the competition was. The spectators were all watching their every move as silent as possible so as not to influence the game as much as possible.    

The K-O tournament format, which was regularly held by GC, was more geared towards the hardcore-style of matches. Only the winners will advance, so you'd have to be on your best games on that tournament day(s). GC normally took 2-3 days to finish the games (Friday nite - Sunday evening), but this was mainly due to limited gaming table.

If we can get enough tables, then I'm sure all the games can be finished in just 1 day.

The K-O format would severely punish the losers, especially the 1st round losers, as once you lose, you are automatically eliminated. But, the winners will keep on playing till the end where there would be only 1 undisputed winner.

It may seems very risky, but I assure you that back then, there were no less than 25++ contestants joining every time the tournaments (both types) were held.

I'm not being unthankful to Legio for hosting the annual tournaments, but we can clearly see that the numbers of participants joining the tournaments are dwindling each time/year. Unless the organizer do something about it (i.e the format, or the way the results being tabulated or make some necessary changes), then the trend would persist time & time again.

Sorry for being long winded, just want to share my opinions.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:18 pm

I think it will still not be widely accepted because we must have a strong pool of competitive players to be interested in such format. GC players are known for their competitiveness back then.

Probably we might want to encourage competitive play among the new blood first. Then only we will ever see players participating in tournaments.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:11 pm

I remember playing KO tourney with my fluffy RG.. Lost during the 1st game hahaha.

But my fluffy WE on foot manage to reach quater final. Damn proud that time.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:22 pm

tbh you can start to organize a competitive league, you got elo format, death match, etc but of course urm u all sifu also kena help organize la
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Space Marines and Stuff
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next