Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Marines and Stuff

Go down 
+12
Alvin K
Boonkin
dif2find
CikguDin
BLee
Vuel
Arzmi
cookie_yip
Dr-DOOOM!!!
dann.toh
LordAK
shaun
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6459

Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:43 pm

This is getting way off topic.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4666

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Had 2 games this weekend. The first one was against CikguDin and the report can be found in his thread. Won that one. Other game was against Soo Kai's Ultramarines today.

His list was

Marneus Calgar
Captain with Power Fist and Combi-Melta
Command Squad with 3 Meltaguns, Flamer and Drop Pod
5 Assault Terminators
10 Terminators with 2 Cyclone Missile Launchers
10 Tactical Marines with Flamer and Missile Launcher
5 Sniper Scouts
Stormtalon Gunship
Vindicator
Thunderfire Cannon

Mission was Crusade and deployment was Vanguard Strike with Night Fight. I got first turn and I made a horrible decision right from the start cause even knowing Marneus was dropping with the Command Squad and I still moved my Bikes straight towards his backfield. My Sternguard dropped in and immo and Weapon Destroy the Storm Bolter off the Vindie. That was some bad rolls. From there it was all downhill as Marneus, Captain and Command Squad dropped in behind the Dread killed it and weakened my backline enough that he could deep strike both his 5 Assault Termies and 5 Termies behind me and roll them. My Bikes were kinda bad cause even though they killed Calgar Captain and Command Squad they were killed by the Assault Termies in return. I also lost the Apo to a precision shots from the scouts before fighting Calgar. Failed Look Out Sir, Armour Save and FNP. That really tilted the fight in his favour and I lost badly at the end 6-1 to him.

Been playing too much Dawn of War and Hammer and Anvil so my deployment was bad to begin with as I put my guys in middle ground instead of just castling away and waiting for Calgar. This allowed him to get behind me and start killing my guys as well as blocking LOS with terrain. Not all my guns could shoot. Bikes should have stayed and countered his Reserves but I threw them forward and that cost me one turn of shooting so I could get back as well as letting him shoot them and kill the Apo. Havent lost in awhile but it was bound to happen eventually haha. His plan was good and it didn't help that the dice were bad on my side and good for him but he played well too. My current record after 16 games is W14 D0 L2. Wanna get 4 games next weekend as it will be my last week and I wanna compare my 20 games to last year where I ended with W12 D2 L6. Its definitely better but still its always better to have more games Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6179

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:58 am

aiya..someone managed to take you down before me. sadness. Sad
lol.

Soo Kai is a good UM player. I'm sure he'll be more of a tough matchup when he gets his hand on the new SM codex. Fresh souls for my Daemons.... Smile
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 4:38 am

What to do cant win them all haha.

Yea he is. Good plays on his part to capitalise on my mistakes and not sure whether he is actually hampered or not cause losing Combat Tactics is important. Cant just choose to fall back anymore.

Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5018

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 7:03 am

Shawn, in our match, you said that blast weapons must put the blast marker on the center of the target model. But, when I look at the BRB in the Blast Weapons section, it stated that the blast marker must be put with the hole of the blast marker on the base of the target (I'm not quoting verbatim here, since the BRB is currently at home).

Nowhere does it says that the blast marker must be centered on the center of the target base.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 7:24 am

It says "Place the relevant blast marker with its hole entirely over the base of the target model". Checking the blast marker on one of my models now its only really possible for that if the hole is in the center. You can move the center hole around the base at most 1mm or 2 for small base models. Larger base yes you could move it a lot.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5018

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 7:36 am

1-2mm is the difference between touching a 2nd or 3rd targets/models, or not.

Such was the case when shooting at BLee's Termies, since I had to put the blast marker on the center of the termie target, then almost assuredly I'd only touch 1 model. By putting the blast marker anywhere on the target's base, as long as the hole is fully on its base, then I would probably be getting min of 2 termies.

BTW, I've just been informed that my school will be having a school replacement day this Saturday. Bummer..guess I'll be seeing you again next year...
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6167

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:44 am

wha but if you really nak kira by 1-2mm i would say damn hardcore rite.

I was under the assumption you have to place the hole centre within the model base I guess you can adjust it a little.
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 11:40 am

Yea he is right in that respect cause the Terminator base is so large that moving to center the hole will be more than 1-2mm. 1-2mm only applies for small base so not really significant and if people do that then yea quite hardcore haha but the Terminators yes. Cause someone told me before that it was center now and couldn't move the last time I tried. So just follow only. Sorry for my mistake then Din.

Haha its okay get your proper Eldar army and then we can play. Better to fight you when you have the stuff you want.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:07 pm

yea I was told something similar before. But I checked the rules it says place the blast marker hole entirely over the enemy base... so can la adjust sikit sikit vs terminators n other larger bases u get a lil more adjustment to try to makan more than one model.

Ill die if someone really go by the MM in any of my games.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 12:16 pm

Got a game on Sunday against Dann's DE was playing the new SM Codex with small tweaks.

My list was
Chapter Master with TH, Shield Eternal, Artificer, Bike, Meltabombs, Digital Weapons, Auspex replacing the Captain and Centurion Devastators replacing the normal Devs. Had to cut my Marines from 10 to 8 with only a Lascannon. Using White Scars Chapter Tactics. Hit and Run = Gold.

His list was as in the last game I played with him

Mission was Emperor's Will and Deployment was Dawn of War with no night fight and I had first turn.

Well Dann finally got his much awaited win over me with good terrain placement which neutralised my shooting a lot and I didn't exactly make my situation better by rushing him with the Bike Command Squad. That was soooo stupid as i ate a lot of Rapid Fire along with Grotesques and a Talos charging them. Sternguard got charged but survived after killing a Talos but failed Hit and Run!!! I should have learned from my game against Soo Kai last week that I shouldn't rush a rushing army. From there he just took my army apart and with some bad dice rolls on my side I conceded end of turn 6 cause he killed the Chapter Master he had one wound left. That mattered a lot cause if the Master lived he was a Scoring unit from Warlord trait and was in control of Dann's Objective, a Linebreaker and Slay the Warlord but he died so yea lol but learning experience and now I have 2 grudges against 2 DE players. I'll get my revenge next time!!!
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 4:29 am

Next time means.. Next year right?
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 9:07 am

And yea next year dude.

Last list for the time being

Primary Detachment - Space Marines
Chapter Tactics: Ultramarines/White Scars (If my opponent lets me)

HQ
Chapter Master
Thunder Hammer, The Shield Eternal, Artificer Armour, Space Marine Bike, Digital Weapons, Auspex

Troops
Tactical Squad - 10
Flamer, Lascannon, Veteran Sergeant, Razorback with Lascannon and Twin Linked Plasma Gun

Tactical Squad - 10
Flamer, Lascannon, Veteran Sergeant

Elites
Sternguard Veteran Squad - 8
2 Combi Melta, Veteran Sergeant with Power Fist and Combi-Melta, Drop Pod

Heavy Support
Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought
Cyclone Missile Launcher, 2 Twin Linked Lascannons

Relic Whirlwind Scorpius

Fortifications
Aegis Defence Lines
Quad Gun

Secondary Detachment - Dark Angels
HQ
Librarian
Mastery Level 2, Force Axe, Conversion Field, Space Marine Bike

Ravenwing Command Squad - 5
Apothecary, Ravenwing Grenade Launcher

Troops
Scout Squad - 6
Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks

Total 1850

Probably will be what I am building, painting and sticking with long term since both C:SM and C:DA are up to date.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Since the thread title has stuff in it i'll just take my shot at a Tau list I have been thinking of for the last few months. Just Codex: Tau Empire

HQ
Commander Farsight

Ethereal

Troops
Fire Warrior Team - 10  
Shas'Ui, Devilfish with TL SMS and Point Defence Targeting Relay (Not enough points for Disruption Pod)

Fire Warrior Team - 10
Shas'Ui

Kroot Carnivore Squad - 12
Sniper Rounds

Elites
XV8 Crisis Battlesuit Team - 3
Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Vectored Retrothrusters, One Marker Drone each, Shas,Vre with Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster and Puretide Engram Chip

XV104 Riptide
Ion Accelerator, Early Warning Overrride, Stimulant Injector (AA can be done by the Broadside and Sky Ray)

Fast Attack
Pathfinder Team - 8
Shas'Ui

Pathfinder Team - 8
Shas'Ui

Heavy Support
XV88 Broadside Battlesuit Team - 2
High Yield Missiles, Velocity Tracker, One Missile Drone each

Hammerhead Gunship
Longstrike, Submunitions, TL SMS, Disruption Pod

Sky Ray
TL SMS, Blacksun Filter, Disruption Pod

Total 1750

Basic list with the principle of shoot shoot and shoot. Devilfish for a bit more mobility in Objective games and the Relic along with the infiltrating Kroot. Sky Ray and Broadsides are AA while Farsight, Crisis, Longstrike and Riptide are the big unit/tank killers. A mix of my old 4th Edition and 5th Edition list. Not the strongest but its what I am familiar with and got me the most success. Sad I cant fit in Stealthsuits anymore though. Love them.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 7:56 pm

I think the lists is ok although I feel two broadsides can be easily taken out thru mass fire. So they won't last long on the field. Another thing I am a bit iffy is the pathfinders ppl will shoot the living crap out of them, I find the pathfinders are inferior to marker drones ESP if you can afford a marker commander. They can jump shoot n jump again. At BS5!

Ethereal are ok but give a fire blade a try they really make your firewarrior squad deadly.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:37 am

Yea especially since Shield Drones don't have the Bodyguard rule to give them 2+ armour anymore like in the previous book as well as the range decrease from 72" to 36" from swapping Railguns to High Yield Missiles. Not sure what I can do tho cause it could be just try to get more bodies in the unit but at 4 members they will never be below 25%.

Marker Commander I feel kinda...unfluffy to stick him with drones! Haha and I don't think can afford cause I like the go big or go home Commander with everything if I do go with him cause this list previously didn't have Longstrike so I was worried that I would have a hard time dealing with AV13-14 so having Farsight with his locked in Warlord Trait to DS and not scatter with the Meltas would have been the solution.

The Pathfinders will get shot but...that's so normal lol. That's why I play 2 it helps scatter lights around and gives them 2 high priority targets. May just get drones but the drop from BS2 to BS3 is huge without a Commander...

Ethereal I am still on the middle ground cause he is a cheap dude which helps my Gunline hold but is it worth the extra VP? Not sure yet. Eldar would erase him and his unit so easily.
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Gotta put some games out bro.

Tau all about preference I feel. Everything in the tau dex actually is playable, just how you play them.

Like for me after a while I felt the pathfinders was not doing it for me. Vs less experience players they will try to take out other more "bigger" things but Vs those who fight tau often they will be the first to go. 16 guys with 5+ armour with so many new things that can rid cover save is quite tough. The broad sides just need to be careful when you play them, Cause at such small numbers they can get wiped off the board quite fast.

Ethereal that one... if its me I would use the fireblade la. I have lost games bcs of that extra VP.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Haha yea definitely gonna! But just theory crafting for now until I get my bearings and get a direction for this army.

The only big Cover ignoring weapons that come to mind are Wave Serpents but they are gonna be incredibly common so gotta deal with them. The problem is I cant justify playing a Commander with drones or just drones cause points wise they are slightly more expensive but drop to BS2. That's a real kicker. Thinking of Tetras but they have the same Wave Serpent problem. I would rather chance a 5+ than no save haha and there is the difference cause Drones are 4+ save.

That I will keep in mind. Broadsides are high priority targets and they have no more long range protection haha. Thanks for that.

I don't know was thinking ally Farsight codex to get the Fireblade with the Ethereal but I would have to change my Crisis to troops and lose the Puretide Chip. Not really sure if its worth it. Fireblade with Ethereal gets 4 shots per model against enemies within 15". Ewwww lol.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:02 pm

No idea where to put this so i'll just leave this here for you guys so the GW in Edinburgh had their 25th anniversary today and Jes Goodwin was there. He brought along his sketches for DE and Eldar. He was quite busy so just quickly asked him if there was even going to be a Voidraven Bomber and he told me that it was done (probably his sketches and designs but they haven't sculpted yet) along with all the DE characters with no models yet eg. Sliscus, Malys but he couldn't give me a definite release date. After got him to sign my copy of Unremembered Empire and came home. So some good news for you DE players even though there is no release date at least I can confirm for you its coming for sure.
Back to top Go down
MrChaos
Corporal
Corporal
MrChaos

Honor Points : 4731

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:19 pm

Wow you met Jes Goodwin himself. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Haha yea! Pretty cool event lots of people around and there was a dude cosplaying as a Space Marine outside. Graham Mcneill was gonna be there too but I didn't meet him cause I had to leave before he showed up.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 5:22 pm

List for 7th not sure how it'll do but its the only list I have been able to come up with and not want to delete lol

HQ
Calgar
Tigurius

Troops
10 - Tactical Squad
Flamer, Lascannon, Razorback with Twin Linked Plasma and Lascannon

10 - Tactical Squad
Flamer, Lascannon, Razorback with Twin Linked Plasma and Lascannon

6 - Scout Squad
Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks

Elites
8 - Sternguard Veteran Squad
3 Combi-Melta, Sergeant with Power Fist, Drop Pod

Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought
Cyclone Missle Launcher, Two Twin Linked Lascannons, Schism of Mars (Tank Hunters)

Heavy Support
Thunderfire Cannon

Fortifications
Aegis Defence Lines
Quad Gun

Total 1745

Calgar to tank wounds for the Sternguard and he gets three rolls on the Space Marine Warlord table along with rolling 3D6 to pick his trait. Always gonna be looking for Storm of Fire or Champion of Humanity. Especially good cause I can reroll for my warlord traits due to FOC benefit.

Tigurius for Psychic Defence and Powers. He is reliable to an extent cause he can reroll when generating Powers. His Hood also allows him to reroll failed psychic test so he is quite reliable for getting off psychic powers other than being denied.

Everything else is pretty standard just high powered shots to knock off hull points and Thunderfire for sniping and infantry killing. Razorbacks are in cause remembered when Soo Kai rolled my lines with a drop pod command squad and deep striking Terminators. Need some Plasma to be able to kill them more reliably.

Dreadnought is gonna be the go to guy for tanks and anti air even though he got slightly nerfed that he isn't BS5 anymore and he is at least a Terminator more expensive but having Tank Hunter now is a good trade off. You can find the unit entry in IA2 Warmachines of the Adeptus Astartes Second Edition. Legacy of Glory really helps him as he also gets +1BS against Daemonforge units (DIE HELDRAKE) and ignores Haywire on 4+ alone with the Tank Hunter.

Overall need to playtest it but that's just my initial idea for 7th. Cant really do my Bikers anymore cause of Jink nerf which causes the Ravenwing Grenade Launcher to not be as effective also. Only concern about the list is Calgar with Tigurius and Sternguard being overwhelmed due to not having any extra support. I was thinking of bringing back Terminators in a Land Raider as this edition Land Raiders are amazingly hard to kill.

Back to top Go down
spunkybass
Major
Major
spunkybass

Honor Points : 5362

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 9:29 am

Looks pretty fun and could be effective too. Nice balance of firepower, bodies and mobility. Should try it out.
Back to top Go down
http://spunkybass.blogspot.com/
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 11:46 am

You sudah balik ka shaun?
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 5:24 pm

@Spunkybass: Haha thanks! I will when I can but its just a rough draft.

@LordAK: Yea but hard for me to go to the Forge. Just not worth the money atm and missing a lot of my models I couldn't bring back with me this time. Army is incomplete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Space Marines and Stuff
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next