Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Marines and Stuff

Go down 
+12
Alvin K
Boonkin
dif2find
CikguDin
BLee
Vuel
Arzmi
cookie_yip
Dr-DOOOM!!!
dann.toh
LordAK
shaun
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6601

Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:46 pm

No.. that was.. damn! who was that Malay boy?
KAREEM!!
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4808

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Not to make it worst but it was actually 1000pts vs 1500pts kan and yea it was kareem. Lol

Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5160

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:27 pm

If you r worried of enemy air-strike, why don't you just take a SM ally so that you can field a Storm Talon?

Or, if you opt for BA as ally, instead of Devastators, take a Stormraven with/without da sponsons hurricane bolters!

It can dual function to take out enemy aircrafts & shoot at ground targets as well.

If you really want devastator-type support unit, you're better off with SW's Long Fangs - more bangs for the bucks/pt costs.

Take a cheapo Rune Priest with Living Lightning & JAWS, 5-men basic troops hidden to claim obj, 5-men WG with 1 upgraded wearing Termi-armour + CML, then detach him to join da 6-men Long Fangs with 5 MLs. (the rest of da WGs can be used to counter assault any enemy straggler units, or give them stormbolters @ 3pts each just to annoy your opponent) Finally, attach the Rune Priest to join da LF as well.

Thus, you'll have an 8-men fire-support squad capable of dishing out 7 Krak/Frag missiles + D6 S7 shots, half of which can be used to shoot at a different target.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:28 am

Actually i was thinking of taking IG allies with Lord Commissar with Fist hidden in a 20 man blob with 2 Autocannons. The 2 Sergeants will take challenges so the Commissar can punch the normal dudes. Stubborn also means that unless i roll really badly for Ld i am sticking around and my 2nd squad of Termies can counter charge if they are still around. With that i also can take 2 Vendettas and 2 Hydras for anti flyer. Hydras are awesome. Ignoring Jink saves. Too bad they dont have interceptor but if they did they would be broken.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5405

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 1:44 pm

suddenly a lord commisar is a decent buy Very Happy

get a bigger blob and people will be SO afraid to assault it, unless they have a dreadnought or a pack of Nid warriors... then again, buy krak grenades and a dread would shit its pants!
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:24 pm

So my list roughly would be like this

HQ
Belial
Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield

Librarian
Force Sword, Storm Bolter, Terminator Armour

Troops
5 Deathwing Terminators
Terminator with Storm Bolter, Chainfist
Terminator with Storm Bolter, Chainfist, Cyclone Missile Launcher
Terminator with Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Deathwing Banner
Apothecary with Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Narthecium
Sergeant with Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield

5 Deathwing Terminators
3 Terminators with Storm Bolter, Power Fist
Terminator with Storm Bolter, Power Fist, Cyclone Missile Launcher
Terminator Sergeant with Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield

Heavy Support
Land Raider Crusader
Extra Armour and Multi Melta

Fortifications
Aegis Defence Lines with Quad Gun

IG Allies
Lord Commissar
Power Fist

Platoon Command Squad
Autocannon

3 Infantry Squads (Combined into a 30 man blob)
3 Autocannons

1 Vendetta

2 Hydra Flak Tanks

Total 1725

The platoon command squad will probably hide behind a wall or something and give some orders "First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire" and the Librarian can join the blob and give them rerolls to hit. At 24 thats 60 shots rerolling to hit hehe Twisted Evil

The Vendetta, Hydras and Quad Gun controls the skies while the Land Raider acts as a gunboat and if my opponent is a shooting army a transport so i can just throw the Terminator Command Squad forward.

The fact that the Platoon Command Squad and 3 Infantry Squad counts as ONE troop choice is ridiculous Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6321

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:36 pm

happy painting there. lolz
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Buy three grenade launchers for your blob la, since you got extra pts Razz
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:10 pm

No need lah the Crusader.. Take a third Deathwing Terminators!!
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5160

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:59 am

Can da libby's spells affect the IG blob? R they battle-brothers?

Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:05 pm

@din:Yea they are battle bros so the spells affect each other.

@Lordak:I was thinking about taking out the raider but FNP shooty terminators? and at only 5 strong with no option to increase squad size is kinda...meh.

@dann: Or 3 Meltaguns for people who think they can just drive a tank in my face haha

@jo: Like you said in your own thread. Its just theory only haha.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:51 am

Quote :
@Lordak:I was thinking about taking out the raider but FNP shooty terminators? and at only 5 strong with no option to increase squad size is kinda...meh.
I still think 5 more termies is better, but if you insist on Land Raider, why not Godhammer? I think that one can serve you better.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:04 pm

The thing is my armour saves are not very good in general lol and the Godhammer doesnt have the capacity to transport the Terminator Command Squad.

Its alright because everyone has been playing 1500 so i got some time to theory craft this list and i have been playing the 1500 list on the first page.

Got 2 games in during this weekend and won both. Huge leap from losing 4 games and being TA'ed in 2 of them. Librarian on a Bike is the best points i will ever spend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:51 pm

just because of you, i'm considering furioso with bloodfists... but after today's test run, the days of dreads are DEAD!
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Hahahaha revenge is a dish best served cold. I tried to do all Plasma Tacticals because of you what but changed it up a bit to Plasma Gun, Missile, Power Axe.

Scared of my bikes now Dann? Laughing

I was also making an unholy amount of 5+ saves in my games lar so there was nothing you could really do about it haha.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:26 pm

shaun wrote:
Hahahaha revenge is a dish best served cold. I tried to do all Plasma Tacticals because of you what but changed it up a bit to Plasma Gun, Missile, Power Axe.

ya, dante challenges! Power Axe Sergeant retreats... dante challenges again! Power Axe Sergeant retreats... Very Happy

In hindsight, should have kept dante in combat, that way I don't give Warlord VP and get Linebreaker VP...

My SGuards should have dropped the Relic and fallen back.

Oh well hindsight...

EDIT: U know why I thought you were playing Ravenwing?! CUZ THIS THREAD IS STILL CALLED 'DARK ANGELS'!!!! YOU MISLEAD!!!
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:48 am

Lol of course retreat. Sergeant vs Dante with 5 Attacks? No thanks wanted to wait for the Captain. Didnt understand why you did that also. I think you should have stayed in combat and force me to choose between chasing your Sanguinary Guards or killing Dante.

Yes but you see on the very first page i stated already that i was playing Codex:SM until the new Codex:DA came out. You never read properly dont blame me okay Razz
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:49 pm

1500 List Codex:SM

HQ
Captain
Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Artificer Armour, Digital Weapons, Hellfire Rounds, Space Marine Bike

Librarian
Force Axe, Space Marine Bike

Elites
5 Terminators
Chainfist, Cyclone Missile Launcher

Troops
9 Space Marine Bikers
Twin Meltagun, Attack Bike with Multi Melta, Sergeant with Power Fist

10 Tactical Marines
Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Sergeant with Power Axe

Fast Attack
Land Speeder Squadron (2)
Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Missile Launcher

Heavy Support
Predator
Autocannon and Twin Lascannons

Fortifications
Aegis Defence Lines
Quad Gun

Been using this list lately and its been serving me well even though it started off abit rough. Got into it and started winning lately. I am reposting this list because nobody reads the 1st page anymore lol. I roll Biomancy powers for the Librarian usually and have been quite consistent (even with random dice rolls) in getting Endurance which gives the Bikes FNP and It Will Not Die.

Got 3 games in today vs Dann, Lord AK and CikguDin

Conceded to Dann's Sanguinary Guards since i only had one biker left and a Speeder with HB. Lesson learned is to never get charged by 2 Sang Guard squads even if you have FNP on the bikes.

Won against LordAK's DE 12-2 in VP. Finally some revenge Twisted Evil and sorry to LordAK for the misunderstanding between armour saves,mixed armour saves and Look Out Sir. Sorry yea boss was quite blur cause was too tired. He was quite limited by lack of terrain and me having first turn so was forced to put half his army in reserves allowing me to take his army one by one.

Won against CikguDin's Eldar/BA combo 8-6. Fortune for Jink and Guide on the Falcon with Starcannons were quite violent. Was lucky with Jink saves and Stunning the Stormraven which means his DC couldnt reach my bikes and had to go through difficult terrain to charge my Tacticals which they then failed.

Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 2:23 am

Since I concede.. you actually win by 16-2 hahaha.. VP games was DE's pure weakness and 6th Ed just make it even harder for DE due to reserves limitations. But the main reason I lost so badly was bad choice of reserves. Since can only put up to half in reserves, might as well begin everything on table and start pushing things around from turn 1.

Summore we forgot to roll for Night Fight. Different tactical decision can happen when Nightfighting was around.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 3:36 pm

Haha i dont take it that way lar. Your rolls sucked way too much. Rolls to hit were very good. Your wounding...tak tahu nak cakap apa lol and yea realised also cause me and dann talked about forgetting night fight and how the only person i remember night fight against is Alvin and it always happens against him lol.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Got 2 games against Soo Kai today.

Lost the First one 8-4 in VP and the mission was The Scouring. Turning point of the game was when my Land Speeders rolled 4 "1"s to hit against his Land Speeder Tornados. The Heavy Bolters then managed to immobilised one making it useless beacuse it is armed with assault cannon and it was out of range. He then kills my Speeders for 1VP. During the last turn his surviving Speeder which is still mobile gets into my DP and kills my last bike holding a 4 VP objective giving him the win.

Won the second game 9-4. He really couldnt do much because deployment was Hammer and Anvil and 2/3 of the objectives were in my deployment zone. His static marine army had to footslog to even contest my objective and his Drop Pod Command Sqaud was easily killed by my bikes.

Lessons from the past few games with this list is i am utterly and completely outgunned no matter who i play against haha but the mobility of it does make up for it allowing me to hide my guys easier. My record with this list since i started playing it is 5W 0D 4L. I will see you all next June so write lots of Battle Rep for me to read haha.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6321

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:26 pm

aiya... still no chance to play with you yet. sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:40 pm

how do i outgun you? anyway, hv a safe trip and come back for more thrashing next june hahaha!

Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:40 am

Haha nvm lar jo you can bully me next year.

Cheh dont bully me lar dann. I am a noob!!!! Your ravens alone outgun me. 8 Bloodstrikes +2 TL MM +2 TL Lascannons > 6 Missile Launchers and thanks. Will do haha.
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:16 am

Good luck over there bro.. when you're back, play a proper DA lah (if they already got their new codex). I'll have my revenge then Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Space Marines and Stuff
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next