Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Marines and Stuff

Go down 
+12
Alvin K
Boonkin
dif2find
CikguDin
BLee
Vuel
Arzmi
cookie_yip
Dr-DOOOM!!!
dann.toh
LordAK
shaun
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4990

Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 7:28 pm

U lost? How to challenge my friend who plays red scorpions/space wolves? He never lost to cikgudin u know?
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

Honor Points : 4694

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:51 am

Has he even had a game with cikgudin? Considering how little he plays heh And you know just because you do badly against one person doesn't mean you will badly against another hehe
Back to top Go down
cookie_yip
cookie_yip

Honor Points : 4990

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:02 am

The fact that he never play against cikgudin is not the point... Lol
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:02 pm

That IS the point lol.

Anyways got 2 games against daemonprincehan and his Necrons yesterday and it turned out quite horribly lol.

I added a Blood Angels Librarian and Assault Squad first game then changed it to Devastators cause they didn't work.

His list was
Destroyer Lord with 7 Scarabs
Tomb Spider
3x10 Warriors
Ghost Ark
2 Annihilation Barge
2 Night Scythe
2 Triarch Stalker
2x4 Tomb Blades

First game was KP and kinda short cause I rolled horribly and I lost all 12 of my Terminators on the first turn. I deep striked in and only manages to Immo one Annihilation Barge and Stun the other one. He then shot the Termies and caused 23 wounds I rolled 7 1's and 8 wounds I rolled 5 1's. With the Destroyer Lord and Scarabs running towards my lines it was over the moment they died. So I just conceded to not waste time.

Second game was closer but he still tabled me on the 6th turn. Mission was Big Guns Never Tire and deployment was Vanguard Strike. He blocked my Aegis with a bunch of buildings but it backfired cause he went first and he couldn't shoot anything even after movement lol.

Deep struck the Termies again but this time I knew what to go for so I took out the Tomb Blades. Speeder took out a Stalker which helped me much more. The dice were much better to me this time with me losing 2 Termies to 60 Gauss shots and 2 more to the Heat Ray.

The Termies then ran through most of his things killing a Barge, a squad of 10 warriors and his remaining Stalker but eventually he shot them down to just Belial by turn 5 with the Lord and Scarabs clearing out my Dreadnought, Tactical and Devastators. At that point he had Lord with 4 Scarabs in my DZ, Ghost Ark with 10 warriors, Annihilation Barge and 2 Tomb Blades left. I only had Belial with 1 wound but was leading 5-4 on VP so if it ended there I would have won but we got a turn 6 and Belial died so he won lol.

Still really experimenting but Deathwing is really hard to get right cause you have so little firepower in the backfield to support. Thinking of getting allies but no idea what to use yet. I'll try a different list next week and see how that turns out.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

Honor Points : 5046

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:49 pm

How many points did you guys play? In fact, how many pts did we play on Saturday?

Personally, I wouldn't take Belial. He's too expensive. Your bike cmnd sqd already equipped with tel-homer, so its just a matter of deploying them correctly & make their scouts move towards the 'right' target. Then the Termies can be DS without scattering.

Since u already have the Cheeze-temptor Dredd, I don't think u'd need the Aegis as well. Without Belial & Aegis, you already sv 290pts, which you can use to get a 6-men DW Termies + 1 Cyclone ML.

Or you can get a LRC & put a DW Cmnd sqd carrying Std of Devastation & enjoy 24 T/L Bolter shots per turn.

Or better still, let your RW Cmnd Sqd carry the Std of Devastation & take a sqd of 6 RW Bikers with 2 meltaguns (181pts) following the RW Cmnd Sqd from 6" away. Their t/l bolters are now salvo 2/4.

The spare pts can be used to upgrade your Pred for long range anti-tank role which you are lacking.

Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 5:44 am

I played 1750 against han for both games and 1850 against you cause you said want to test list for tourney right?

Haha yea Belial is more for fun then competitive list but he makes the Terminators troops which is what you need him for usually.

I was thinking of dropping the Dread cause it has the same problems as Aegis which is that it is static and can be blocked by terrain. It can only get Skyfire and Interceptor is it doesn't move so first turn memang cannot move and I made a mistake I kept playing the Dread at BS4 but it is actually BS5!!!

I do like the ideas but the standard is upwards of 60 points and can be sniped out lol. Never been a fan of them usually get RW standard better. Follow your mantra kan. Cheap is good!! If it is DW Command Squad have to change the Librarian to Termie Armour. Been thinking of going back to C:SM for primary detachment so got a rough draft of

Main Detachment - Space Marines
HQ
Space Marine Captain
TH, SS, Artificer, Bike, Hellfire, Digital

Troops
Space Marine Bike Squad (5)
2 Meltaguns

Tactical Squad (10)
Flamer, Plasma Cannon

Heavy Support
Stormraven Gunship
Extra Armour

Secondary Detachment - Dark Angels
HQ
Librarian
Mastery Level 2, Power Field Generator, Bike

Troops
Scout Squad (10)
Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks

Elites
Deathwing Terminator Squad (6)
Chainfist, Cyclone, Sergeant with TH and SS

Fast Attack
Ravenwing Support Squadron (2)
Heavy Bolter, Typhoon

Total 1749

This is a 1750 list maybe upgrade to 1850 in a bit but want a good framework first.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:21 am

If u really want to take C:SM ally, better take Lysander instead. He can join your DW termies & DS on Turn 2 without scattering via the bikes' t-homer.

His S10 atks can insta-gibb Daemon Princes, easier to wound T8 eldar Cheese-Knights. With 2+/3++ (+FnP if joins DW Cmnd Sqd), W4 & EW, he's perfect as your Warlord for being so hard to kill.

Bolster defense - almost as good as Aegis (ruins with 3+ cover sv? YIKES!!).

And his bolter drill ability works best with your Termies as well.

Imagine this:
- After DS - Vengeful Strike. If enemy charge - Vengeful Strike again.
- Next turn - bolter drill. Enemy Charge - bolter drill again.
Note: If only MEQs can get 'Doom'-type spell..syok!!

All these at just +10pts from what u pay for Belial, & might be even cheaper than the Captain-Biker-Gang Leader set-up that u put on the above list.

The other thing is, DA is the only 1 apart from BT where their Troops SM can get heavy weapon with only 5-men team. Try to use this to your advantage. For instance, at just 95pts, you can get a sqd of 5 carrying a ML with Flakk missile upgrade!
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6207

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:11 am

wahh... sounds like a crazy combo there. lol
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Yea but a strength of Deathwing Assault is I don't need to roll for them to come in so they will always come in when I want them too. One sucky reserve roll later when I need them can really change the game.

I did consider that but to spam so many Missile Launchers and Flakk Missiles is...tak tahu lar don't appeal to me lol. I think I am always biased from playing Tau so long that I think Marine guns aren't good enough haha.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

Honor Points : 5291

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:07 am

I fought DW not so long ago with my nids... think it was like two weeks before you got back.

Belial + 9 or 10 termies deep-struck into my lines. They were shot at, bogged by termagants, shot at again, then assaulted with another wave of termagants and warriors. They didn't last at all Very Happy

Meanwhile a Flying Hive Tyrant, Doom and Genestealers went to the other side of the table to finish the other half of his army.

Anyway, my point is: Synergy and don't spend so much points on something that's so singular. Lysander is great and all, but what the heck is he gonna do when there are termagants surrounding him (not charging, just standing one inch away from him, fearless and gone to ground, blocking his unit from the main nid army). His CC supremacy is gone!
Back to top Go down
Paxter
Admin
Admin
Paxter

Honor Points : 6195

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:32 am

Im not a fan of a fat blob of point deepstriking in front of an entire army or in sight of a few... its very iffy and you got preplanned it for the next two turns what is going to happen to that deepstrike squad and what it is going to do... ive killed some 30 terminators by those stunts, a handful of characters and numerous assault marines so far....
Back to top Go down
https://wargamersmalaysia.forumms.net
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:02 am

I actually do understand both of your points and that's really a reason would never really want to play Lysander. He doesn't give much to my army except the one Terminator Squad and takes away Deathwing Assault.

For your point Paxter I already experienced it last weekend. 2 squads of Tomb Blades with 4 small blast on them rerolling to hit did not end up well for that squad after they deep struck behind enemy lines

Was thinking of changing it to 2 squads of 6 each one led by Belial deep striking still and one led by a Librarian. The reason I don't like MSU for most units is survivability issues but I don't have such doubts for Terminators.
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:47 am

Hahaha..i'm only suggesting Lysander cuz he contributes much more to the army compared to the Biker-Captain.

If you really like Biker-Captain, might as well take Sammael on J/Bike.

I also almost never DS my termies in-front of my opponents, cuz i'd rather shoot them 1st from afar.

Being swamped by gribblies is Dann's trademark of taking care of expensive enemy HQ, which is why nowadays I only take Chaos Warlords that have an average of 6/7 atks & up to 12/13 atks via daemon weapons. Normal Captains of the MEQs can only dream of doing this.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:04 pm

The Biker Captain actually gives me something in the Bike Command Squad who can keep up with them and take challenges. He gets the Hit and Run, Skilled Rider, FNP and Scout USR also. 2+ sv is so good this edition which is why when I look Sammael I cant help feeling a little underwhelmed.

I DS the Termies just for the twin linked on the first turn which is better than failing a Psychic Test lol but against some armies starting them on table would be a much better option.

That's why you cant compare Chaos and Space Marines. Have to look at every book individually Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:17 pm

CikguDin wrote:

Being swamped by gribblies is Dann's trademark of taking care of expensive enemy HQ, which is why nowadays I only take Chaos Warlords that have an average of 6/7 atks & up to 12/13 atks via daemon weapons. Normal Captains of the MEQs can only dream of doing this.

Uber-characters like that I charge with Warriors and Prime Very Happy No more Eternal Warrior really hurts, don't it?
Back to top Go down
CikguDin
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:53 pm

Yah..no more EW really hurts. Which is why I'm hopping to get the 'right' spells from Biomancy to buff-up my Warlord, or failing that, getting the +2 invul sv from my Thirster's Grimoire.

Kalau takut mati sangat, I'll just use Abaddon aje hehehe!

So bila rematch Shaun?

Dann, I'll see u either Friday or Saturday. As I recall, my Warlord has an appoinment with Mr. Urien Rakarth, right?
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm

yes you do. Rakarth's schedule looks free at the moment Very Happy of course, subject to interruptions from the warp.
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Rematch on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:28 am

Shaun, you can take on my Daemons tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:33 am

CikguDin wrote:
Yah..no more EW really hurts. Which is why I'm hopping to get the 'right' spells from Biomancy to buff-up my Warlord, or failing that, getting the +2 invul sv from my Thirster's Grimoire.

Doesn't really help against a flesh gauntlet leh Very Happy You could be T9, and still be wounded on a 4+. Also, there's no AP, so 3+ or 3++ is the same to me la Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:50 am

his 'right' spell means Endurance which gives FNP and eternal warrior Dann. Smile
Back to top Go down
shaun
Corporal
Corporal
shaun

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:51 am

The Forge is open today? What time? Haha
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:57 am

Today legio la. when i said tomorrow is Saturday dude.
Back to top Go down
dann.toh
Major
Major
dann.toh

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:43 am

Dr-DOOOM!!! wrote:
his 'right' spell means Endurance which gives FNP and eternal warrior Dann. Smile

Correction dude, Endurance gives FNP, It will not die and Relentless. None of which helps against a flesh gauntlet either Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:32 am

Then i think is Iron Arm. There is one that gives Eternal Warrior, no?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marines and Stuff   Space Marines and Stuff - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Space Marines and Stuff
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next