Wargamers Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia's Premier Wargame Community Forum

HomeWargamers frontGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Eaters of DOOOM!!!

Go down 
+10
dif2find
Arzmi
dann.toh
cookie_yip
limp83
shaun
CikguDin
Paxter
LordAK
Dr-DOOOM!!!
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

Honor Points : 6158

World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 4:12 am

Yesterday managed to tried my dual Jugger Lord vs Edward's BA. I didn't have my 2nd helldrake so went this list (replaced by 4 termicides)

Chaos Lord - Mark of Khorne, Power Fist, Lightning Claw, Juggernaught of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans of the Long War, Gift of Mutation
Chaos Lord - Mark of Khorne, Axe of Blind Fury, Juggernaught of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans of the Long War, Meltabombs, Combi-Melta
4 Chaos Spawn
8 Berzerkers - Power Sword
Rhino
Rhino
10 Cultist
4 Terminators - 4 Combi-Melta
1 Helldrake - Baleflamer
8 Havocs - 4 Autocannons
8 Havocs - 4 Autocannons
1 Vindicator - Daemonic Possession, Dozer Blade, Combi Bolter

His list was:

Chaplain with a bunch of death company and Furiouso Dreadnaught with dual bloodclaw talons on a Stormraven
Librarian and Corbulo with 5 assault termies in a Land Raider Crusader
10 men tactical squad with ML
5 Devastaors with 4 ML

1st game his Stormraven couldn't arrive in turn 3 so ended up short as the World Eaters swarmed over his army.
So we played again. This time his Stormraven managed to arrive on 2nd turn.
Some highlights of the games:

- Both games have the crusader's cargo charged the Jugger Lords with spawns. Surprisingly with so many wounds and fearless, they withstood the charge and both games managed to slowly kill of the termies and characters when the Berzerkers charged in acting as support charges.
- 2nd game, my Jugger Lord with Axe happily killed his 1st challenge (termie sergeant) but got mutated into a Spawn! My other Jugger Lord with power fist was locked in challenge. So Corbulo was insanely hard to kill until 2 units of berzerkers charged in. Dealt 25 wounds. And he allocate all to Corbulo first having absolute confidence is saving all with 3+ armor and 2+ FnP. He finally died after saving 13 wounds. Pheeeew....
- Vindicator didn't do much other than inflicting glances/immo the land raider. It survived both games. I was not very good with it. So still need some practices on it.
- Both Havocs squad were unmolested as his army had hard time dealing with what was coming on his face. Once everything engaged in combat in turn 2-3, my Havocs got nothing much to shoot except for the Stormraven.
- Dual Jugger Lords combination works pretty good. I usually assign my Power Fist Lord into challenge so that my Axe Lord can do his AP2 daemon weapon work on the rest of the unit. It can be the other way around if the enemy has FnP as my Power Fist Lord can dish out 7 Strength 8 attacks on the charge.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 5:51 am

Thought of trying this new World Eater list with Khorne Chaos Daemon this weekend. But the twist is having the World Eater as ally instead.

The fluff was that the Chaos Lord invoked the warp ally and pour forth the Khornate daemons but suddenly it got out of control and a Bloodthirster was summoned.
The Bloodthirster then became the new warlord of this Khornate force.

Primary:
Bloodthirster
5 Bloodletters
5 Bloodletters
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm

Ally:
Khorne Lord on juggernaught - Axe of Blind Fury, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans
8 Berzerkers - Power weapon
1 Rhino
8 Berzerkers - Power weapon
1 Rhino
4 Chaos Spawns
5 Havocs - 4 Autocannons

Total: 1749 points

It will be a good chance to re-play my 3 Soul Grinders sitting idle for almost a year in the shop.

Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Honor Points : 6438

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 6:57 am

You sure tapau the opponent with this.
Does Soulgrinder suffer point increase in the WD update like the Defilers? To me they are better than Defilers.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 7:15 am

not sure. probably follow defilers with 4HP. but got to check though.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 8:27 am

yup checked dy, 4 HPs. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 11:35 am

Another mech World Eater list pop up in my mind. But will require a lot of new purchases which I don't think I can commit. Share it out here to inspire others out there if they are interested. Smile

Chaos Lord - Mark of Khorne, Axe of Blind Fury, Juggernaught of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans of the Long War, Meltabombs
4 Chaos Spawn
Rhino
Rhino
10 Cultist
1 Hellbrute - MultiMelta, Power Fist
1 Hellbrute - MultiMelta, Power Fist
1 Helldrake - Baleflamer
1 Helldrake - Baleflamer
1 Maulerfiend - 2 Magma Cutters, 2 Power Fist
1 Maulerfiend - 2 Magma Cutters, 2 Power Fist
1 Forgefiend - 2 Hades Autocannons

Total of 9 vehicles! 5 daemon engines, 2 walkers, 2 transport.
First turn will have 5 threats coming your way with:
- Jugger Lord with spawns
- 2 units Berzerkers in Rhinos
- 2 Maulerfiends

Supported by firing elements of the army
- Forgefiend
- 2 Hellbrutes
- 2 Helldrakes

Don't think many armies out there can handle the heat of this list. Smile)
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Quote :
yup checked dy, 4 HPs
Wow.. that is a good info. Actually it isn't the Hull Points I was talking about but the pointcost. Was it the same after the WD update? You know, since Defiler got increased to almost 200pts.

Summore.. Defiler and Helldrake got 5+ invul due to Daemon rules. But for Soulgrinder, it was specifically mentioned in the codex that they receive no invul saves. What about now?
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 12:16 pm

oh.. still same point costs since there is no WD update for them. The WD update is only for fantasy.

it has been FAQed in Daemon FAQ that they have both codex and BRB rule of daemon. meaning soul grinders do have the 5++ save. Smile
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Waah.. Cheaper by 20 points compared to Defiler, but better.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Haha, better or not will have to test them out first.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 3:01 pm

oops, cult units can only be taken as troop if the lord of the given mark is taken as primary detachment. so my list was illegal. oh well, back to the drawing board. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Here is the legal version. Smile

Primary:
Bloodthirster - Unholy Might, Blessing of the Blood God
5 Bloodletters
5 Bloodletters
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm

Ally:
Khorne Lord on Juggernaught - Axe of Blind Fury, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans, Gift of Mutation, Melta Bombs
8 Berzerkers - Power weapon, Veterans
1 Rhino
10 Cultist
4 Chaos Spawns
8 Havocs - 4 Autocannons

Fortification:
1 Aegis Defence Line - Quad Gun

The cultists will man the Quad Gun. Havocs will camp at the Aegis there too.

Last edited by Dr-DOOOM!!! on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Quote :
oops, cult units can only be taken as troop if the lord of the given mark is taken as primary detachment. so my list was illegal.
Never saw that one hahaha.. good find there Joe.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 5:46 am

Another crazy variant of the list. Stuffing lots of high armor into the list.

Primary:
Bloodthirster - Unholy Might
5 Bloodletters
5 Bloodletters
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm

Ally:
Vanilla Chaos Lord
10 Cultist
3 Vanilla Terminators
Dedicated Land Raider
Helldrake
Land Raider

Total: 1750 points

Chaos Lord and Cultist will ride in the land raider.
So we'll have 2 AV14 vehicles, 3 AV13 walkers, 1 AV12 flyer, 1 FMC.
More of a shooty mech Khorne if you ask me. lolz
Back to top Go down
dif2find
Major
Major
dif2find

Honor Points : 5338

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 7:04 am

Now thats a nasty looking list.
Back to top Go down
http://dif2find-wargaming.blogspot.com/
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 8:53 am

But like not much punch. I guess the Jugger Lord with the spawns and some berzekers will be a better list?
Back to top Go down
LordAK
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Of course, killers on steed is always better.
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 6:15 pm

tried this list against Alvin's DE as benchmarking.

Primary:
Bloodthirster - Unholy Might, Blessing of the Blood God
5 Bloodletters
5 Bloodletters
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm
1 Soul Grinder - Phlegm

Ally:
Khorne Lord on Juggernaught - Axe of Blind Fury, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans, Gift of Mutation, Melta Bombs
8 Berzerkers - Power weapon, Veterans
1 Rhino
10 Cultist
4 Chaos Spawns
8 Havocs - 4 Autocannons

Fortification:
1 Aegis Defence Line - Quad Gun

I died horribly. lol
Basically a let down on the deployment. When he got 1st turn, i have only havocs, cultists in aegis and juggerlord with spawns facing against his whole army of shooting. and you know his DE there a lot of shooting.
If better to have the primary for CSM and ally for Daemons if you ask me again. Then again, is a bit pointless to have only a single Soul Grinder.

So decided to have the 3 Soul Grinders list for a pure Daemon army instead. Sticking back with only pure CSM for my World Eaters. Smile

That's all for my army update folks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:07 am

Played my ori list against BLee's shooty Ultramarines last Sat. He has quite a lot of armor in his list:
- Land Raider
- 2 Predators with Autocannon turret and Lascannons sponsons
- 2 Typhoon Land Speeders
- 1 Thunderfire Cannon
- 1 Drop pod with 5 men command squad with 4 meltas

I played my standard WE list:

(Warlord) Chaos Lord - Mark of Khorne, Power Fist, Lightning Claw, Juggernaught of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans of the Long War
Chaos Lord - Mark of Khorne, Axe of Blind Fury, Juggernaught of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans of the Long War, Meltabombs
4 Chaos Spawn
Rhino
Rhino
10 Cultist
1 Helldrake - Baleflamer
1 Helldrake - Baleflamer
8 Havocs - 4 Autocannons

Total: 1748 points

Game summary:
He got 1st turn and his army was shooty, my 2 Jugger Lords and Spawns was reduced to a single wound Jugger Lord (Warlord) on turn 3. 1 of my Vindicator died early from melta drop pod as well. The other Vindicator failed to cause any damage and was destroyed by termies assault. So I had no way to take care of the land raider anymore. lol. Luckily the mission was scouring and I have 2 helldrakes. They won me the game by last minute capturing objective and killing his troop out in the open holding objectives.
With that in mind, I need some melta in my army. Will post a new list with some modification to test out soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:24 am

Decided to remove 1 Jugger Lord to include a unit of Khorne Termies with Meltas. That should fix the missing weakness in the list.

Chaos Lord - Mark of Khorne, Axe of Blind Fury, Juggernaught of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans of the Long War, Meltabombs, Gift of Mutation
4 Chaos Spawn
4 Terminators - Mark of Khorne, 1 x Chainfist, 4 x Combi-Melta
Rhino
Rhino
10 Cultist - Flamer
1 Helldrake - Baleflamer
1 Helldrake - Baleflamer
8 Havocs - 4 Autocannons

How? Ok ah?
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

Honor Points : 4640

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 4:41 am

Just because I tak ada flyer I kena BBQ... LOL...

Chosen 1, you tunggu... Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 5:57 am

bring it bro! but this time will have meltas to handle your armor! Smile
Back to top Go down
BLee
Private
Private
BLee

Honor Points : 4640

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:16 am

chewah... confidentnya... LOL

let me figure out how to kautim your helldrake first... Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:59 pm

Tried my new list below vs Su Kai's shooty Ultramarines.

Chaos Lord - Mark of Khorne, Axe of Blind Fury, Juggernaught of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption, Veterans of the Long War, Meltabombs, Gift of Mutations
4 Chaos Spawn
Rhino
Rhino
10 Cultist - Flamer
4 Terminators - Mark of Khorne, 4 Combi-Melta, 1 Chainfist
1 Helldrake - Baleflamer
1 Helldrake - Baleflamer
8 Havocs - 4 Autocannons

Game Highlights
- Mission 1: 3 Objectives
- Chaos Warlord Trait got 3 units able to infiltrate. Had 2 squads of berzerkers and the khorne termies infiltrate so that can get 2nd turn charge.
- UM got 1st turn. All firepower on Havocs. Succeeded in making them fled off the table. 1st blood to UM.
- After 2 rounds of surviving UM's shooting, at the end of turn 2 (my turn), managed to reach UM's gun line with my remaining berzerkers and Juggerlord with spawns.
- His captain alone wiped out 2 vindicators in my deployment zone. I had nothing that could stop him as all my offence was on his deployment.
- 2 of my Helldrakes came in first. Stormtalon came after that, there was a dog fight between among the flyers. In the end Helldrakes prevailed. Smile
- Pot shots from rhino's TL bolters and cultist auto pistols in the end finished off the lone captain in my deployment zone.
- Chaos won the game with UM left with only a tech marine (his thunderfire cannon died) and a drop pod.
- Khorne was pleased...... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dr-DOOOM!!!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Dr-DOOOM!!!

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:40 am

Had 2 games with my World Eaters over the weekend vs Subahan's Necrons and Kadir's CSM.

Lost against the Necrons mostly due to huge loss difference in the KP. Called it off early so that Subahan can go for his lunch and have a game with Kadir as he was waiting for quite awhile without a game.

Against Kadir's CSM we played to the end. He was playing his Huron Blackheart list. Had control of the game until my Warlord killed Huron then rolled for Boon, and got turned into a Spawn. From there onwards, was a down hill struggle for me as I couldn't take down his lone Heldrake and his termies and oblits (his 2+ saves were bloody hawt!). I did however manage to kill of his scoring units first. And his remaining forces wiping out my scoring units later.
A lot of things died. He left with Heldrake, 5 Khorne Terminators, 3 Nurgle Oblits.
I left with 3 men Havocs with 1 Autocannon, 4 Terminators, 1 Helldrake, 2 Rhinos.
Both got slay the warlord and linebreaker but I got the First Blood. A very narrow victory for the World Eaters. *sweat*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Eaters of DOOOM!!!   World Eaters of DOOOM!!! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

World Eaters of DOOOM!!!
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next